Space Mouse works in Demo but Not in Solidworks

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

kgram

Space Mouse works in Demo but Not in Solidworks

Post by kgram »

Hi -

I'm running a Space Mouse on a Windows 10 VM. It USED to work just fine (on two different virtual machines), but something happened (not sure what) and it stopped working on all VM's. My setup is as follows:

Macbook Pro where Navigator connects to USB --> Virtual Here USB Server --> Windows Remote Desktop Client --> Windows 10 VM on a Windows 2016 Server--> Virtual here USB Client --> Solidworks

Now I understand that all this complexity would give me a lot to look into, HOWEVER the Space Mouse works beautifully with the Space Mouse Assembly Demo, but doesn't work in Solidworks. This leads me to believe that there is something wrong with the Space Mouse software and it's not related to the virtual machine setup, correct me if you think otherwise. In Solidworks only the right and left context menus appear when I click the Space Mouse buttons, the ball itself does not do anything.

So far I have tried:

1. Ensuring 3D Control is enabled in Solidworks Add Ins (it is)
2. Downgrading the driver
3. Completely removing and reinstalling the driver using this guide: https://www.3dconnexion.com/index.php?i ... red=faq/28
4. Ensuring Solidworks and the 3dConnexion drivers don't have different administrative rights (they do not and never did)

I'm out of ideas and if anyone has any tips or can point me in the right direction I'd be grateful for your help. Thank you!
sylcote

Re: Space Mouse works in Demo but Not in Solidworks

Post by sylcote »

Hi, did you found a solution to your problem? I have the same issue.

Regards,