Spacemouse Pro Wireless - map macro to rotation axis

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Intuos

Spacemouse Pro Wireless - map macro to rotation axis

Post by Intuos »

I am aware that this question has been asked before, however, those haven't helped me as I have never done any coding. What I'd like to do is use rotation axis Y for scrolling through layers in Photoshop CC 2015 (Windows 10). This means having ALT + [ mapped to rotating the puck towards me and ALT + ] for the opposite direction.

Furthermore I've noticed that after updating from 3Dxware 3.5.3 to 3.5.7 has removed the option to change brush size in Photoshop. Therefore rotation around the Z axis should be mapped to [ or ], preferably in addition to having a speed sensitivity applied to how fast the brush size changes (probably the interval between subsequent button presses should increase with an increased rotation.

Then finally I would like to ask whether it's possible to rename radial menu items? Macro's can be named, however in the radial menu they are listed with a keyboard logo. If I were to choose a native supported action, for instance Turbosmooth in 3Ds Max, it shows up as Turbosmooth in the radial menu. The right hand radial menu is obviously superior to the left one in terms of ease of use.
Attachments
Radial menu icons.png
Radial menu icons.png (59.34 KiB) Viewed 2508 times
Intuos

Re: Spacemouse Pro Wireless - map macro to rotation axis

Post by Intuos »

As a follow up, I've discovered that Revit 2019 and Photoshop CC 2015 (and up) are not officially supported, despite both Photoshop and Revit being listed as officially supported in the list of supported programs. This is a bummer to me as I use these programs a lot, so please add full support (for all functions).

In the meantime:
1 I'd like to see help with mapping buttons to a rotation axis.
2 Mapping both a mouse click and modifier key (alt).
3 Not sure whether supported, but allow the macro name to be reported within the radial menu (instead of showing the keyboard icon and only reporting the name when hovering over an item).

As for UI improvements and additions:
1 Allow macro names to be reported in the radial menu (without having to customize XML files)
Allow custom icons to be added, so that users can create macro's, thereby adding their own programs.
2 Improve the macro listener to detect input delay, mouse action and possibly mouse position input for enhanced productivity.
3 Especially for 2D software, such as Photoshop and Illustrator, add the option to bind rotation axis input to macro's, with the speed registering as how often the macro gets executed. I would put it in a tab such as the one listed in the picture below located in advanced settings.
Attachments
6dof keybind.jpg
6dof keybind.jpg (70.79 KiB) Viewed 2473 times