CADMouse is choppy

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

TurfRoof

CADMouse is choppy

Post by TurfRoof »

Hello there

I have recently received a brand new pc for work and I wanted a CAD mouse(it is wireless) with it. However, it is working incredibly bad. It is choppy and it doesn't respond well on any surface. I have turned the lift-off feature off. I also have a wireless Logitech keyboard, which has a mouse as well, and I am wondering if the frequency of the Logitech keyboard and mouse(which work fine) or that another 3d cadmouse nearby(which there is) may disturb this particular CADmouse. I have also tried to monitor the task manager, to see what happens when it happens. It doesn't seem to spike anywhere.
I tried the mouse on another pc and it works fine. I even switched and the same thing happens... I have checked if it's the monitors, but they seem to be in the same settings as on the other pc(they are Samsung UE850s), same refreshrate, resolution, colour, no SLI... all of it.

Now, I am not sure if it's the system that is causing it, so here are some details.

dual Intel Xeon E5-2640v4 2,4GHz
2x16 GB ECC DDR4 2400 RAM
500GB Samsung 960 EVO SSD
2xASUS GeforceGTX 1080 Ti
ASUS Z10PE-D8 WS, LGA2011v3 Motherboard
running on Windows 10 pro

I have been searching the interwebs for a while for a solution and cannot find anything related to this particular issue. I tried to check this forum as well, hopefully I am not duplicating a post.

I hope someone has a solution

Sincerely,
HK
UtaSH

Re: CADMouse is choppy

Post by UtaSH »

Hello TurfRoof,

is the performance bad as well if you use the CadMouse Wireless while connected with the USB cable?

If you are using it wireless are you using the Universal Receiver that comes with the device or did you connect it through Bluetooth?
phoenix1971

Post by phoenix1971 »

Having the same problem.
No problems when using usb cable.
When using the 3dconnexion wireless usb it's working bad.
No matter what frequency we use. :(
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi all,

please see our FAQ #1098 and verify if the information there helps you to solve the problem.
TurfRoof

Post by TurfRoof »

Hi. Sorry for the late reply.

I have tried several USB ports, even the monitor's usb ports(I am not using bluetooth) and there is no difference. It may work fine for a few minutes, then it stops or jumps for a few second and returns to normal. It works perfectly if I am using the cable provided. From the FAQ and other sources of information, this is an issue of the distance from the USB connector and what's in between the mouse and transmitter. It is odd that 0.5 meters distance makes this much difference.
GalenRun

Post by GalenRun »

Same issue with USB ports here. I also tried every port available with no avail. The ports work fine for other stuff so I really don't know what's the issue. I would appreciate any suggestions.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi both,

please contact our Technical Support Team. They might be able to find a solution for you.