Create Macro for Win-key command (eg minimise)

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

tildesign

Create Macro for Win-key command (eg minimise)

Post by tildesign »

I'm starting to get into configuring my devices to suit my workflow - with my old Logitech setup I had the "special button" set to minimise the current window, and I'd like to replicate this with the button under the scroll-wheel on my new CAD Mouse.

The command I'm trying to get it to execute is Win-M (minimise current window), but when I try to record this as a macro, it actually minimises the 3DConnexion tool instead of recording the keystroke.

I've done a search and found out that the control panel is mainly an interface to edit a series of XML files, however I'm not sure where to find them, or which one to edit, or how to manually say I want the special button to register a "win-M" keystroke.

Can anyone help me with this information? If it helps, I would like this behaviour system-wide, regardless of app. Thanks in advance!
UtaSH

Re: Create Macro for Win-key command (eg minimise)

Post by UtaSH »

Hello tildesign,

try the keyboard sequence [Alt+Space - n]. :)
MeowsAlot

Post by MeowsAlot »

I second this question. I've just purchaed a SpaceMouse Enterprise and am testing to see if it will work with my setup. I would like to map a button to the "windows" key. Is there a way I can do this, either within the configuration files, Regedit, or anything else?
tildesign

Post by tildesign »

UtaSH wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:01 am Hello tildesign,

try the keyboard sequence [Alt+Space - n]. :)
Thanks! This works. Now I just have to find where to make it a "global" shortcut, rather than just for one application.
ccnrd

Post by ccnrd »

My button layouts don't seem to stick to what I set them to. I want my middle button to lock to minimize current page for whatever page I currently have open. Does anyone have any idea's?