Can't save macros with v10_5_7

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

loofer

Can't save macros with v10_5_7

Post by loofer »

I've just updated my spacemouse compact to v10_5_7 and my right button has stopped working, I usually assign it to a macro of Zoom (z) and Perspective (p) for 3DS Max but it's unresponsive. The button is fine mechanically as I can assign standard functions to it and it works OK but it won't accept a user made macro. Even if I create a new radial menu and put the macro in a quadrant it won't work but if I revert to 10_5_6 it works fine.
UtaSH

Re: Can't save macros with v10_5_7

Post by UtaSH »

Hi loofer,

I don't see problems so far with the right button on my SpaceMouse Compact. Do you see the problems in just 3dsmax or do the issues happen in other programs, too? (I tested it in my browser.)
loofer

Post by loofer »

The only thing I tested it on was Max unfortunately, I had to revert to get some work done. I did reinstall the newer software before reverting though and it didn't solve the issue.
loofer

Post by loofer »

Actually, just to be clear we're talking about the same device, it's the original wired spacemouse I'm using, I just assumed they'd changed the name to compact but maybe that's something new?
Samaco

Post by Samaco »

I had this trouble several times.
I noticed that sometimes something turns off 3Dcontrol addin.
In solidworks click Tools - Addin.
Scroll down and check if 3Dconnection addin is checked.
https://diceus.com/top-seattle-software-companies/
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

loofer wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:57 am Actually, just to be clear we're talking about the same device, it's the original wired spacemouse I'm using, I just assumed they'd changed the name to compact but maybe that's something new?
You can see the name of the device if you open the Settings (e.g. from 3Dconnexion Home).

I have tested my SpaceMouse Compact with 3dsmax 2018. I mapped "z" to the left button and "p" to the right button. Both buttons do the same thing as they do when I press the key on the keyboard. Which version of 3dsmax are you using? Note that we have released a new driver last week. The latest one is as of today 3DxWare 10.5.7.

In 3dsmax please open File -> Summary Info -> Plug-In Info and confirm if you have an entry for "3dxstd.gup".
loofer

Post by loofer »

UtaSH wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:43 am
loofer wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:57 am Actually, just to be clear we're talking about the same device, it's the original wired spacemouse I'm using, I just assumed they'd changed the name to compact but maybe that's something new?
You can see the name of the device if you open the Settings (e.g. from 3Dconnexion Home).

I have tested my SpaceMouse Compact with 3dsmax 2018. I mapped "z" to the left button and "p" to the right button. Both buttons do the same thing as they do when I press the key on the keyboard. Which version of 3dsmax are you using? Note that we have released a new driver last week. The latest one is as of today 3DxWare 10.5.7.

In 3dsmax please open File -> Summary Info -> Plug-In Info and confirm if you have an entry for "3dxstd.gup".
Device info just says Spacenavigator (FW:4.35) I'm on Windows 10 64bit and 3ds Max 2018. The 10.5.7 update is the one which is causing the problem for me, when I revert to 10.5.6 it works fine.
loofer

Post by loofer »

Forgot to add, I checked the plugin info and yes 3dxs.gup is present.