Space Navigator not working in CATIA V5R26

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

cpierlacks

Space Navigator not working in CATIA V5R26

Post by cpierlacks »

Good morning. I just recently was upgraded to an HP Z6 Workstation with Windows 10 64bit OS. I run CATIA V5R26, Rhino6, NX11, and Spinfire Ultimate.
The Space Navigator works great in all of these apps except for CATIA...My IT personal and I have read through extensive forum threads and tried everything from uninstalling the drivers and re-installing the latest drivers. We rolled back to the previous driver, an tried bypassing the firewall.

All to no avail. This is a mystery to me how this could work flawlessly for years on Windows 7 and now nothing.

Please note that the Space Navigator has some kind of communication with CATIA because I can manipulate the axis lock outs and sensitivity, but there is absolutely no 3D space manipulation of data response at all.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (138.53 KiB) Viewed 16488 times
UtaSH

Re: Space Navigator not working in CATIA V5R26

Post by UtaSH »

Hi cpierlacks,

the screenshot is odd. The device is recognized by the driver, but not by Catia. :? Are you starting the driver and Catia with the same user privileges? (See here.)

Additionally please verify if removing the settings for Catia would clear this. Proceed as follows:
  1. Stop any running Catia.
  2. Navigate in the file explorer to the folder C:\Users\<your_user_name>\AppData\Roaming\DassaultSystemes\.
  3. Copy the folder CATSettings to another location and then remove it.
  4. Restart Catia. - Still the same situation?
cpierlacks

Post by cpierlacks »

than you for the reply UtaSH… I will look into the user privileges, but as for the CATSettings I've tried that with no change in the Space Navigator.
cpierlacks

Post by cpierlacks »

The Space Navigator works in all applications but only works partially in CATIA:
1) NO 3D manipulation response at all.
2) Space Navigator button menus respond to CATIA.
3) 3Dx Device menu responds to rotations/sensitivity.
4) 3Dx Device menu states no device found.

Trouble shooting steps tried:
1) bypass firewall
2) exception for CNEXT.exe added
3) uninstalled/ reinstalled current drivers
4) uninstalled/ reinstalled 10.5.3 drivers
5) started/stopped 3Dconnexion drivers
6) backed up and cleared 3Dconnexion folders with REGEDIT.exe
cpierlacks

Post by cpierlacks »

I posted a reply to this about a week ago. I have not had any response.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Are you seeing the same issue with 3DxWare 10.5.3?
cpierlacks

Post by cpierlacks »

10.5.3 had no change.

We did find that you must close CATIA->STOP the Space Navigator driver->Start CATIA->START the Space Navigator driver to get the Space Navigator to work. This must be done every time you launch CATIA.

Thank you
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi cpierlacks,

we released a new driver version last week - 3DxWare 10.5.7. Have you already tried it? This should solve the problem with Catia.

Let me know your test results. Thanks.
cpierlacks

Post by cpierlacks »

Thank you! the new drivers resolved the issue.
cristianolippi

Post by cristianolippi »

Hi, I have the same problem with Catia V5R20! As soon as I bought space navigator + mouse wireless (last year) everything seemed to work well but, after a few time (maybe after an automatic update of operating system (W10pro)) space navigator stopped working. I wrote to technical support several times where technicians told me how to operate, but without success. So, when installing a ssd drive, I reinstalled both the operating system and all the applications. Well, the spacenavigator was reworking! But now, after some days it does not want to know how to work again!!!
After reading this post I have tried today to download and install the last driver (3DxWare64_v10-5-11_r2875) but it still to not work! (of course I'm talking about Catia, in office applications and 3dxconnexion home progam it works!)
how can I solve this trouble?
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi cristianolippi,

have you checked our FAQ page? We have some FAQs for Catia. If all this doesn't help I am afraid you have to contact our Technical Support Team again with a detailed description what exactly is working and where it fails. Don't forget to add the information about which Catia version you are using.
Hannes

Post by Hannes »

I have the same Issue with CATIA V5R21,
and unfortunately the driver 10.5.3 seems not to be available. Does anyone figured out other solutions for this problem?