SpaceNavigator settings not working with any app

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

PatMcTookis

SpaceNavigator settings not working with any app

Post by PatMcTookis »

I recently purchased a SpaceNavigator (3DX-700028) and for the most part it is functioning normally. However I find that it is WAY too sensitive for my hands and I need to slow it down. I'm using Autodesk Fusion 360 and windows 10. Moving the speed slider seems to have no affect on ANY application, not fusion, not sketchup; it doesn't seem to have any effect even on 3DConnexion viewer, collage, or demo. The "reverse" toggles seem to have no affect either.

The button settings do work as expected, but speed and reverse controls seem to have no effect whatsoever.
UtaSH

Re: SpaceNavigator settings not working with any app

Post by UtaSH »

Hi PatMcTookis,

this is a weird situation. Are you saying that you can navigate in Fusion and SketchUp and in the 3Dconnexion Viewer but if you change the speed in the driver this does not have any effect?

Please try if removing the existing settings - as described here - solves the problem.

If not please check in the task manager if you have a process running called Mgl3DCtlrRPCService.exe. you should find it in the extended view of the task manager under Services.

Let us know what you find out.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi,

would you please check if you have the folder "C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\3DxWinCore64\Drivers\3DxHID\"? (In case you have a 32bit Windows check for "C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\3DxWinCore\Drivers\3DxHID\".) Verify if you have in this folder another one called Win64. This one should have 4 files:
  • 3dxhid.cat
  • 3dxhid.inf
  • 3dxhid.sys
  • wdfcoinstaller01009.dll
Let me know what you find out.
MGO

Post by MGO »

Hi UtaSH,

I can confirm that I have these files in the specified folder (using Win64).
Ande

Post by Ande »

Hi UtaSH,

same problem here with a fresh installed system (Win10 64bit, latest 3dconnexion Driver). Tested with CatiaV5 R24 and 3DxViewer. Hardware is the SpaceMouse Enterprise.

All is working fine except the speed and sensitivifty settings. They have no effect. With my previous win7 system i had no problems. Very annoying. CadMouse speed is interestingly adjustable.

Mentioned process is running and also the 4 files are in the mentioned folder.

Ande
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi Ande,

can you please get in contact with our Technical Support Team? They will start the troubleshooting process with you and if the4y cannot solve the problem they will escalate it to the next level.