Catia V6 button customization

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

SaPeKa

Catia V6 button customization

Post by SaPeKa »

I am using space mouse pro in Catia V6 R2018 with Windows 10 64b. Latest 3Dconnection software installed.

Having problems with buttons customization. Normally you customize via: Customize -> Commands -> VR Button Customization. You can make customization via this, but it does not affect to setting. Original button functions remain. Earlier V5 versions and V6 R2015 were working ok. Any solution to fix this?
UtaSH

Re: Catia V6 button customization

Post by UtaSH »

Hello SaPeKa,

since a while this is not the way to customize your buttons in Catia. Please open the 3Dconnexion properties (e.g. from 3D Mouse Home) and make the changes in the "Buttons" window.
mpyrki

Post by mpyrki »

Hello,
I have similar problem like SaPeka.
I've buy space pilot enterprise and I use it in 3dExperience R2015x with windows 10 64-bit. I have installed the latest drivers. I can not customize my buttons. Eg. fit button, front view, back view don't work. Only system buttons works like space, ctrl etc. The only way to use the buttons is to make macro in Catia and customize macro to button.
When I open 3d connexion properties -> Buttons and then try to customize some buttons and click 3dExperinece nothing happend. There is no any options.
When I go Customize -> Commands -> VR Button Customization 3dExperience shows me Device SpacePilot PRO. Customization in this menu also doesn't work.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi mpyrki,

are you using an additional plugin in Catia? E.g. Type3? Type3 is causing issues with the buttons. :(
mpyrki

Post by mpyrki »

Hi,
I use 3dExperience delivered by client. How can I check if I have some plugins installed? Can I deactivate it?
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi mpyrki,

I am afraid I can't tell you how to check for the plugins in Catia. I suggest you contact yout Catia admin or partner to verify this. Inaddition it would be better if you contact our Technical Support Team directly. This will be easier to troubleshoot.

Thanks!
mpyrki

Post by mpyrki »

I have already talked with Technical Support in my country, but they couldn't help me at that time, that's why I posted here.
I'm still waiting for solution from Technical Support.
mpyrki

Post by mpyrki »

I've got solution from the support.
You need to copy msgcatalog from:
C:\Program Files\Dassault Systemes\B417\win_b64\resources\msgcatalog
to
C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\V6R2015X\SET\PP_code\win_b64\resources\msgcatalog

Probably in win_b64 there is no resources folder, so you need to create this.

Hope it will help.