"Reverse" tick boxes are not working

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

jweaver

"Reverse" tick boxes are not working

Post by jweaver »

I am using an old SpacePilot with the last supported drivers (10.4.10) and its working quite nicely.

But today I had a look at Google Earth and found that the "zoom" axis was illogical.. I went into the Advance Settings in the Drivers, and clicked on the Reverse boxes but they did nothing.

So I went to the app I mainly use (Sketchup) and didn't some experiments and it seems that the "Reverse" tick boxes do nothing.. So there is no way to invert any of the axis.

Luckily for Sketchup, everything is working how I want/expect.. But I would like the option to invert an axis if needed.

Any ideas?

Jon
jweaver

Re: "Reverse" tick boxes are not working

Post by jweaver »

And now I have noticed that the "speed" controls don't work either (either per axis, or the overall control).

I wonder if its worth ripping out the drivers and config/profiles and starting from scratch.

Is there a guide on how to completely uninstall the drivers?
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi jweaver,

about a year ago we noticed that subsequent versions of Google Earth did not make use of our driver. It seems that Google has changed the implementation of the support for the 3D mouse and are reading the data directly from the device. This means of course that any changes in the driver do not have any effect. :( Please address this with Google directly.
jweaver

Post by jweaver »

UtaSH wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 6:18 am Hi jweaver,

about a year ago we noticed that subsequent versions of Google Earth did not make use of our driver. It seems that Google has changed the implementation of the support for the 3D mouse and are reading the data directly from the device. This means of course that any changes in the driver do not have any effect. :( Please address this with Google directly.
Ahha.. that would explain that then.. but i still cant reverse any of the axies in other apps (ie Sketchup).. nor can i adjust the speed.

I am 100% sure could change the speed when i first installed the 3D mouse as i played around with the speed slider until i got the optimimum sensitivity.. so something has gone wrong...

Jon
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi Jon,

it might be worth to remove verify if removing the existing settings would solve the issue. See here how to do that.

Let us know what you find out.
niropa

Post by niropa »

I just had this problem as well. To fix it I did the following:

•Export my settings (Little grey "more >" text on the settings window. Very important, no one wants to redo that manually)
•Download the latest driver
•Run an uninstall
•Delete every file referenced in the post on removing existing settings http://www.3dconnexion.com/faq/1100
•Restart
•Install the driver from scratch (with the delete settings box checked)
•Restart
•Import my settings file

For reference I primarily use SolidWorks with the "up/down" zoom option. Both zoom and roll were checked, wrong (for me) and not changing when I unchecked them. The problem was triggered by updating the driver to the December 2018 version (which is now working)
Before doing the full sweep I tried every step of it individually, and in a few smaller combos but none of it worked.