Lost connection to Space Mouse Wireless

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

long_tall_texan

Lost connection to Space Mouse Wireless

Post by long_tall_texan »

I have the SpaceMouse wireless and the Cad Mouse. Have been using them in Creo 3.0, M120 for months now with no issues. This morning, my SpaceMouse would not respond. It would not pan/rotate/zoom my models in Creo. Yes, It is charged... No, I have not installed any new software, or hardware... I was running 3DxWare 10.5.5, so my initial thought was that I would try updating to the latest 10.5.6. I updated the software, rebooted, and still not working. I tried to uninstall, But there is an error in the uninstall script path, Apparently, there are no quotes around the c:\program files\... because uninstall just says it cannot run c:\program... So note to 3DConnexion, please repair that.

So I followed the manual uninstall FAQ, rebooted, reinstalled the 10.5.6 3DxWare, rebooted, and still not working.

It is acting like it did last fall with the 10.5.4 driver if you have not connected the device in more than 14 days. I looked for the FAQ on fixing that issue, but apparently it have been deleted by 3DConnexion after the release of 10.5.5 which was supposed to fix that issue.

Anyway, where do I go now? Mouse works fine as a mouse, but Menu button does not work either.
UtaSH

Re: Lost connection to Space Mouse Wireless

Post by UtaSH »

Hi long_tall_texan,

yes, the FAQ was deleted because 3DxWare 10.5.6 is supposed to fix that.

Does your device work when you connect it with the USB cable to your machine? It might be for some reason that the pairing between the SpaceMouse Wireless and the receiver is broken. Re-pair them. Go to Start -> All Apps -> 3Dconnexion and start "3Dconnexion Pairing". Follow the instructions.

If this doesn't solve the issue it might be worth to remove the existing settings. See here how to do that.

Is Creo the only application where you do not have navigation? Can you navigate in the 3Dconnexion Viewer?