CAD mouse (wired) laggy over "Desktop"

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

ISAWHIM

CAD mouse (wired) laggy over "Desktop"

Post by ISAWHIM »

I get this occasional odd circular lag, on the CAD mouse (The wired version)...

It only seems to happen when I move the mouse out of one APP and into the "desktop" area. Though, sometimes it persists across the whole screen.

Moving the mouse left to right, for instance, will result in a laggy spiraling path. This is a 4K 65" TV screen, HDMI-2, resulting in a spiral path that is about 3-inches wide, as the mouse slowly chops across the screen, and over-shoots any destination you are aiming for.

I also have the 3D SpaceMouse Enterprise hooked-up, both through the provided USB-hub.

The only resolution I get, is when I set the sensor-polling-rate to 500Hz or lower. The default is 1000Hz, which seems to be, apparently, part of the issue.

Normally, I only see this when "rendering" something, which is demanding on the GPU. However, at the moment, nothing is rendering and this wobbly swirling mouse issue will not go away now.
UtaSH

Re: CAD mouse (wired) laggy over "Desktop"

Post by UtaSH »

Hi ISAWHIM,

is the behavior the same if you stop the driver (Start -> All Apps -> 3Dconnexion -> Stop Driver)?

Do you have the logging of the driver activated? (Right-click to the 3Dconnexion icon in the system tray and check if "Write Log File" is active.)