spacemouse vs spacenavigator

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

litel

spacemouse vs spacenavigator

Post by litel »

hi all
I am a IT guy and a colleague of engineering asked for a new equipment, however neither he nor we know the difference between the spacemouse the spacenavigator, can help?
thanks
UtaSH

Re: spacemouse vs spacenavigator

Post by UtaSH »

Hi litel,

nice to hear that your colleague is interested in a 3D mouse. :)

You are asking for the SpaceMouse. Which one are you referring to? You can find an overview here. We have the SpaceMouse Enterprise, SpaceMouse Pro, SpaceMouse Pro Wireless, SpaceMouse Wireless and the SpaceMouse Compact. I recommend to contact the Sales person from your area. You can either use our "Contact us" form or see if you find a phone number on that page for your country.
pball

Post by pball »

I know I'd like to know the difference between the SpaceMouse Compact and the SpaceNavigator, which appear to be the same other than an updated design and $20 more for the newer one. The SpaceNavigator product page is no longer available so it's hard to compare, also makes me wonder if the SpaceNavigator is being discontinued. If the SpaceMouse Compact is replacing the SpaceNavigator why is there no reference to that and what makes it better?
pball

Post by pball »

Too late to edit my previous post.

Heard back from the contact form and all they had to say is the SpaceNavigator is not being produced any more but it will still be supported. Didn't comment on the differences which is what I actually wanted to know.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hello pball,

I apologize if the answer you received did not satisfy you.

SpaceMouse Compact is the successor of SpaceNavigator. The design was optimized for better weight distribution while the weight remains almost the same. Combined with the new designed rubber foot, it offers improved stability on the desk. The new buttons are larger, and the positioning is more ergonomic, so they can be activated multidirectional.

Does this answer your question?