SpaceMouse Enterprise - Photoshop

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Splinters81

SpaceMouse Enterprise - Photoshop

Post by Splinters81 »

Hi folks, apologies if this has been asked before. I did have a look around the forum but couldnt see an exact match for my question.

I've just received my new SpaceMouse Enterprise kit anbd first impressions are that I love it. I primarily purchased it for Cinema 4D and so far it looks like its doing everything I need there.

However I also work a lot in Photoshop CC 2018 and unfortunately I don't seem to be able to configure it as I'd like. Its not a deal breaker as 3D use was more how I intended to use it, but it would be nice to be able to use it across all my applications.

Basically Im just looking to find out is it possible to remap the axis dial to different functions for different applications? At the moment the 3D dial does absolutely nothing in Photoshop. I've seen some references to people mentioning it works for pan/zoom but at the moment it doesn't even do that for me. I don't even mind that as I wouldnt be using these functions anyway. What I actually want to do is map the dial to brush size. The shortcut keys are quite simple, [ for decrease brush size and ] to increase. If it were possible to map these to rotating anticlockwise and clockwise this would be a really nice workflow help for me.

I've looked in the software and I can only see options for remapping the buttons, which I've already done and set to my frequently used tools. I couldn't see any options there for the 3d dial though.

Any help would be appreciated.