SpaceMouse LCD Display is Scrambled.

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Dr. Stealth

SpaceMouse LCD Display is Scrambled.

Post by Dr. Stealth »

Hello, I recently upgraded (?) from a SpacePilot Pro to a SpaceMouse Enterprise. 90% of the time when I look at the LCD it has scrambled garbage on it. I'm running a clean install of the latest Win 10 with driver 10.5.4. It also has the same problem in macOS 10.13.2 with driver 10.5.1. It's pretty embarrassing having this $400.00 device on my desk with a scrambled screen. Sometimes it shows vertical colored bars and sometimes I get icons scrolling by very fast.

So, is my device defective ? If not, it sure looks like it is. Do I need a firmware update? My firmware shows as 4.42.

Thanks for any help. Dave

UtaSH

Re: SpaceMouse LCD Display is Scrambled.

Post by UtaSH »

Hello Dr. Stealth,

are you using Windows native or on a virtual Machine? The lower picture is from the Mac. Is the first one from the Windows installation?

When does the LCD show this? Just right after the driver started or only after some time?

In Windows please try if removing the existing settings solves the issue. See here how to do that.

Is the device connected directly to the machine or are you using a USB hub (or a USB port on a keyboard or monitor)?
Dr. Stealth

Post by Dr. Stealth »

Hello,

I'm running Windows natively on it's own SSD. The upper picture (first post) is while running in Windows. The LCD is scrambled right after the driver starts and pretty much 90% of the time. I've only owned it for about one month and it's been like this every day in both Windows (native) and macOS. I never had a problem with my SpacePilot Pro which I've used for years on the same machine.

I took your advice and removed the existing settings in Windows per your link. As soon as I re-started the driver this is what I get. The LCD only shows a small band about 1/4 inch at the bottom of the LCD.

I really don't think it's a problem with Windows as the same thing (scrambled LCD) happens in macOS. I'll add, there hasn't been one day since I've owned it that the LCD worked properly.

And yes, the SpaceMouse Enterprise is plugged directly into a USB port on the back of my machine. I learned that from using the SpacePilot Pro I've used for several years.

So... This is right after cleaning up the setting files.

For what it's worth. I've been using SpaceBalls for around 30 years. This was the first one I used in 1988...

Tehrasha

Post by Tehrasha »

Dr. Stealth wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:57 pm
For what it's worth. I've been using SpaceBalls for around 30 years. This was the first one I used in 1988...

You dont by chance still have any of the books and documentation for that old beast, do you?
--Teh
http://www.spacemice.org/
Spacemice -- Input devices for a 3D world.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hello Dr. Stealth,

I apologize for the trouble you have. I recommend that you contact our Technical Support Team. They will assist you in getting a replacement device.