3DxPro/Engineer delays when using SpacePilot

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Does it make a difference if you disable the Wildfire applet in the LCD Manager?
alexanderhendrix

Post by alexanderhendrix »

Sorry for the late respond. :oops:

The freeze already occurs in Pro/E with only the Logitech LCD manager installed. So no LCD applets were installed.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

alexanderhendrix wrote: ...
The freeze already occurs in Pro/E with only the Logitech LCD manager installed. So no LCD applets were installed.
Did you mean "with only the 3DxWare installed"?
Or are you reporting that you did not install 3DxSoftware, but only Logitech's LCD Manager (in case you have the G19 keyboard?) and the problem already occurred?
alexanderhendrix

I install 3DxWare, but I only select the module Logitech LCD Manager. This is enough to get the freeze in Pro/E.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

If the LCD Manager was the only item that you selected during installation you have a blank LCD, do you?

When you have more than one window in WF, is it because you just opened more than one file or did you start a new instance of WF? (Which needs another license.) I am asking because I still can not reproduce the problem.
alexanderhendrix

Yes, the LCD is blank.

I only have one license. I open multiple files in one session.

All people with a SpacePilot Pro in our department have the same issues with the freeze. Do you think it can have something to do with the setup of Pro/E?
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

It must be soemthing like that because we never managed to reproduce the issue. It would be nice to find out what really is bugging here, but I have no idea where to check.

Are you opening the files from within a data management tool? (Windchill)
jdorsett

Post by jdorsett »

What was the final solution for this lag problem? I just installed a Pilot Pro and have the exact same problem.

System: PTC WF3.0 M090 on Vista Business 64

Symptom:
5-10 second stall when switching between already open Parts, Assemblies, and Drawings. The Pilot Pro seems to be attempting to figure out which set of menus to display based on the selected pro/e environment.
alexanderhendrix

Hi jdorsett,

we still have the same issues. We do have a work-around, but this result in a black lcd screen on the SpacePilot Pro:

Install the latest driver from 3DConnexion with all programs you need (or all). After installation go into the add/remove programs and choose the 3DConnexion software. Uninstall the lcd applets. The controller and all the quickbuttons will still work and are configurable, but the LCD will be blank.

I hope this will work for you too,

Alexander
jdorsett

Post by jdorsett »

Alexander, Thanks for the reply and instructions. I uninstalled the LCD manager as suggested and the lag disappears. Now Pro/E quickly switches between Parts, Assemblies, and Drawings (i.e. as it did before installing the Pilot Pro)

I guess I'll have to stick a $0.01 Post-It Note with the Key Map over the $380.00 blank LCD screen.

I sure hope this gets fixed... Soon.

Thanks Again
Fred

Post by Fred »

Please update to the current driver release 3.12.3
The updated Pro-E addin addresses the delay issue.

Post your results please.
Last edited by Fred on Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
alexanderhendrix

Fred wrote:Please update to the current driver release 3.12.3
The updated Pro-e addin addresses the delay issue.

Post your results please.
Hi Fred,

thanks for the update. I have just installed the new driver and it looks like the delay is gone.

I just have one remark to everybody that has used the workaround as I described a couple of messages above. When you install the new driver without installing the old, you have to start the installation file once more. When started it will ask if you want to modify, repair or delete the program. Go into modify and check the LCD-applets and LCD manager in the list. I guess the proper way of installing the new update is to delete the old driver first.

Thanks again for the support!