Sketchup 2018 and Space Navigator

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

pbrew

Sketchup 2018 and Space Navigator

Post by pbrew »

Just upgraded to SU 2018, now Space Navigator isn't working properly. Everthing was fine with SU 2017. Now, although side buttons work and demo programs seem fine with joystick, within SU the joystick doesn't function at all. Problem for anyone else, or thoughts on getting it to work?
JohnA

Re: Sketchup 2018 and Space Navigator

Post by JohnA »

Confirming the same issue: After upgrading to SU Pro 2018 and reinstalling 3DxWare 10 for Windows (64-bit), 3Dx extension is not showing up in Sketchup 2018 extension manager.
Any suggestions how to manually install 3Dx extension/ get 3D mouse to work in Sketchup 2018?
pbrew

Re: Sketchup 2018 and Space Navigator SOLVED

Post by pbrew »

Followed suggestion from another forum to copy Plugin folder contents from SU 2017 to SU 2018. There wasn't even a plugin folder where there should have been one. My files are then located in C:>ProgramData>SketchUp>SketchUp 2018>SketchUp>Plugins. Seems to need the 3DxSketchUp .rb file to work. Restarted Sketchup and joystick now works. 3Dconnexion got back to me with file(s) to install but sent a bum link, in the meantime I found this other fix.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi,

our latest driver - 3DxWare 10.5.4 - supports SketchUp 2018. Please update to the latest one.
JoeDrafter

Post by JoeDrafter »

Hi... I updated to the latest driver 10.5.4 My space Navigator now work with SketchUp pro 2018 BUT doesn't work in Layout anymore!!! So I roll back the driver to 10.4. It doesn't work in SketchUp but it works in Layout.

You seems to have forgot to update the Layout bit!!
Nanclus

Post by Nanclus »

Help Please!!!

I have read all the threads on the topic and I have tried the following:
1. Copying the plugins folder from 2017 and putting in 2018's folder
2. Unstalling the older driver and installing the newest driver from 3DConnexion's website

Instead of zooming in and out, or rotating around in 3D space like it should... all it does is move the mouse left, right, up, and down. I checked the 3DConnection settings and all the mouse movements are still set to "3D" movements like they should, so I don't see any reason for why its doing what its doing.

Thanks for your help!
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hello Nanclus,

are you on Mac? This is a Windows thread.

What is your driver version?
JuJitsoup

Post by JuJitsoup »

I know this is an old thread but I'm finding the same issues as described here with SketchUp 2018 with my Space Mouse Wireless. I can get it to work fine with a wired connection but cannot get any consistency of connection with wireless. I've installed all the latest drivers and can (usually) then get it to connect without issue and work within SketchUp. But as soon as the software ware closed down or the computer restarted the connection has again been lost. I've even tried copying across the Plugins folder as mentioned in the thread but without success. Does anyone know what might be causing the issue or if there are any working methods for to maintain a consistent connection.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi JuJitsoup,

please contact our Technical Support Team. They can do the necessary troubleshooting and escalate to the next level of expertise if needed.