3DxCollage Windows 10

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

anton.ek

3DxCollage Windows 10

Post by anton.ek »

I'm having trouble installing the 3DxCollage application on a Windows 10 computer.
The installer gives me "Error 1721. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not run."
Does anyone know wich program is required? I haven't been able to find anything on the forums about it and neither on the website.
All the other applications are working fine, no error what so ever.

//Anton
UtaSH

Re: 3DxCollage Windows 10

Post by UtaSH »

Hello Anton,

there should not be any special program being installed to be able to install the 3DxWare 10. The installer is standard - we are using InstallShield.

It might be that you have some left-overs on your machine from a previous installation? Do you remember which version of 3DxWare 10 had been installed previously? If yes and if you still have it please proceed as follows:
  • Uninstall any 3Dconnexion software.
  • Reboot your machine.
  • Install the older/previously installed version of 3DxWare 10.
  • If that worked with no problems: reboot the machine.
  • Uninstall the older version of 3DxWare 10.
  • Reboot.
  • Install the latest version of 3DxWare 10.
Please let me know if these instructions help or if you need further assistance.
Simpuhl

Post by Simpuhl »

I have a user who is getting this message and he has never had this software previously. Any other suggestions for fixing?
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi Simpuhl,

we need the log files of the installation for analysis. Please contact our Technical Support Team.