Jerky graphics with Space pilot PRO on Solidworks

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

takedownca

Re: Jerky graphics with Space pilot PRO on Solidworks

Post by takedownca »

Update: installing a newer nVidia driver seemed to do the trick.
Lindenrb

Post by Lindenrb »

n0f8r wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:39 pm I'm fairly sure now that in my case it's a wireless reception issue.

I have the Spacemouse pro wireless, I think the receiver moved slightly or something. It was less than 4 feet from the spacemouse, but I moved it closer anyway and control has been smooth for hours now.
1+ For this. My space mouse wireless sits on the left side of my desk while my desktop is under the desk on the right side. The lag gets out of control and the mouse becomes unusable sometimes where it sits on the left, but if I move it over to the right its perfectly fine. The interference might be compounded by the fact that I'm surrounded by engineers all using the same space mouse.
Looks like I'll be swapping the sides for my computer and my draws to reduce the distance
zazz

Post by zazz »

Do you have same problem as me?

Note that right-clicking on the icons the issue disappears. I will try the driver 10.4.3 suggested here earlier.

https://streamable.com/eich4
zazz

Post by zazz »

No, the 10.4.3 driver did not change anything
zazz

Post by zazz »

I have tried with 4 different mice and with no mouse at all. with no noticeable differences.

Changing the mouse frequency does not affect the Spacemouse Pro's performance as long as the mouse is not moving. But it does affect the middle mouse rotation drastically. 1000-250HZ rotates the model nicely and GPU-load is between 80-100%, but at 125HZ, GPU-load drops down to around 10-30% and model is not rotating smoothly anymore, similar to when rotating with the Spacemouse Pro. Can it be that the Spacemouse Pro gets a limited bandwidth of some reason?

It seems to me that this is a limitation/bug in Solidworks, which 3Dconnexion seems to be powerless to do anything about. Same as the LONG lasting issue SpaceMouse Pro moves erratically in Solidworks https://www.3dconnexion.com/forum/viewt ... =25&t=9466 that still persists but has become slightly better, or it feels so at least, as i have dedicated a mouse button as "center to fit" and i'm pressing it all the time nowadays which resolves the issue for a while.
Berno

Post by Berno »

Same problem. Did anyone here solve this issue?
zazz

Post by zazz »

Berno wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:46 pm Same problem. Did anyone here solve this issue?
Neither 3DC or Solidworks seems to give a shit about it... I have had these problems since 2018...