Fusion 360 - August 2017 update

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

nickpgre

Fusion 360 - August 2017 update

Post by nickpgre »

Hi,

Fusion 360 released a new update and since then, the zoom in and out movements are being translated fast without any smoothness applied to it. This occurs whenever I am in 3D view as in sketch mode (2d) zoming in and out is a smooth as it used to be.

Thanks,
Nick
UtaSH

Re: Fusion 360 - August 2017 update

Post by UtaSH »

Hi nickpgre,

have you reported this already to Autodesk? The navigation with the 3D mouse in Fusion 360 was implemented by Autodesk.
BillyWho

Post by BillyWho »

Same thing happened to me, mouse only works in 1 motion at a time since the Fusion update.. so at least that narrows down the problem...
claireh

Post by claireh »

Hello nickpgre,

I installed Fusion 360 and was not able to reproduce the issue. Could you tell me what version of Fusion 360 you're running? I know updates are pushed, but I'd like to be sure there are no discrepancies.

This can be found by clicking the help button (show as a question mark icon) located in the top right of the window and selecting the "About" option.

Would you also tell me what version of 3DxWare you're using?

You can do this by opening "3Dconnexion Properties" from the start menu. Just above the "Close" button you should see an option labeled "About". Click that and tell me what version numbers you see.
Claire
veloflyte

Post by veloflyte »

Same problem here.... Using Fusion 360 downloaded only a few weeks ago. New HP envy laptop 64 bit windows 10. It was working just fine up to about 30 minutes ago. Now zoom is way too fast. The slide bars in the properties app have no effect on zoom, but all the other slide bars for all other axes function fine. Tried closing, reopening, updating all software. No change.

Douglas
veloflyte

Post by veloflyte »

Found a solution... If I leave the properties window open in the background, the slide bar starts to have effect after just a few minutes. Before I was changing the slide bar then closing the properties app immediately.
veloflyte

Post by veloflyte »

veloflyte wrote:Found a solution... If I leave the properties window open in the background, the slide bar starts to have effect after just a few minutes. Before I was changing the slide bar then closing the properties app immediately.
FORGET IT....!! It stopped working. Don't ask me why. I have no idea....????!!!!
veloflyte

Post by veloflyte »

veloflyte wrote:
veloflyte wrote:Found a solution... If I leave the properties window open in the background, the slide bar starts to have effect after just a few minutes. Before I was changing the slide bar then closing the properties app immediately.
FORGET IT....!! It stopped working. Don't ask me why. I have no idea....????!!!!

WAIT...!! It's working again. It only functions during a 2d sketch....apparently.
claireh

Post by claireh »

Hi,

This problem occurs when the view is set to either Perspective, or Perspective with Ortho Faces.

Fusion 360 allows you to set individual view settings for sketch (2D) and the 3D spaces. By default, the camera is set to Orthographic in 2D and 3D. I suspect the camera was changed to one of the Perspective options in 2D, 3D, or both. This would explain why some people for example, experience smooth zooming while sketching and in 3D do not.

Autodesk implements support for the 3D mouse directly, so this problem isn’t something 3Dconnexion can correct. Please report this problem to Autodesk so they may address it.

For now, I would suggest working in Orthographic mode until Autodesk can release a patch. To do this, select Display Settings > Camera > Orthographic. Display Settings is located on the right side of the navigation toolbar.
Claire