Space Navigator - Maya 2018 still not working

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

clareswift

Space Navigator - Maya 2018 still not working

Post by clareswift »

Despite docs saying latest driver supports Maya 2018 it doesn't. If someone could be bothered to add Maya 2018 to the list of software it supports then you'd think someone could also be bothered to actually ensure the latest driver does just that - Very unprofessional. The minute another company comes out with a comparable 3DMouse - I'm off & I don't care if they're more expensive, they just need to release updated drivers on time
ryders

Re: Space Navigator - Maya 2018 still not working

Post by ryders »

Yup. Maya 2018 is not working for me either. Maybe spelling Maya as May was a hint?
Boban

Re: Space Navigator - Maya 2018 still not working

Post by Boban »

This is what I get today from technical support:
Hi Boban
thank you for contacting the 3Dconnexion Support.

10.5.0 is not working with Maya 2018. We going to release a new version very soon (10.5.1) which also enables support for Maya 2018. During the verification of our latest driver we were working with the prerelease version of Maya 2018. Seems to be that Autodesk made bigger changes regarding the integration which caused the 3Dmouse not to work with the official release.
We are sorry for the trouble you had so far.
There is no official release date for available yet for 10.5.1. We expect that we ca release the driver during this week.

Best regards,
Oliver