SpaceMouse Wireless: cannot save button customization

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

emilyporter

SpaceMouse Wireless: cannot save button customization

Post by emilyporter »

I have just installed a new SpaceMouse Wireless on my machine (Windows 7). The DEFAULT SpaceMouse pan/zoom/rotate and left/right radial menu buttons work fine in multiple programs including my web browser (Chrome) and my CAD software (Creo Parametric 2 and 3), but when I try to CUSTOMIZE the buttons through the "Properties > Buttons" window, it DOES NOT SAVE the customization and instead returns to the default.

For example, I have tried converting the right button to "Rotation Off" (In Creo 2) and "Right Mouse Button" (In Chrome) but neither of those options worked at all or saved.
It also does not save any custom Radial Menu's that I create within the Button window.

Troubleshooting I have tried so far:
- Re-pairing the device
- Trying customization in several programs (Creo, Chrome, Desktop, etc)
- Updating the driver (It was just installed with the latest driver: 3DxWare 10.5.0 - I tried both 32-bit and 64-bit)
- Restarting the computer

Note that some customization options do save:
- Speed of movement
- "Reverse" check boxes in the "Advanced Settings" page

I have searched the forum and have not found anything related to general button customization issues.
It seems that older versions of the software were able to save profiles, but I do not see any sort of way to manual save settings in the 3DConnexion Home or Properties menus.

Any help would be much appreciated!
emilyporter

UPDATE: SpaceMouse Wireless: cannot save button customizatio

Post by emilyporter »

Installing the previous archived driver seems to have resolved the problem for now:
3DxWare 10.4.10

Link to archived drivers (or click the archive link from the current driver page):
https://www.3dconnexion.com/service/arc ... ivers.html
Grimmy

Re: SpaceMouse Wireless: cannot save button customization

Post by Grimmy »

Same issue here. No default button config and buttons configs vanish magically...

Here is a video of the issue in action: https://www.screencast.com/t/oM8pNPKTyO

Rolling back (to 10.4) )fixes the problem but I really want/need to 8 way radial menus.

Hopefully a quick fix?!

Help us!
GBarozzi

Post by GBarozzi »

I have exactly the same problem shown in the video.
New Spacemouse Pro Wireless, driver version 10.5.0, Windows 10 64bit.
The mouse work as it should only if the USB recharge cord is connected: as soon as I disconnect the mouse, all the customizations become blank.
If customizations are made before the USB cord is disconnected, they vanish when the cord is removed, but they are available again if the cord is plugged in again.
I tried the mouse on a different PC with an older driver, and it works as expected: all the customizations are available.
I have already contacted support, but none of the suggested solutions (fresh reinstall, update firmaware, perform pairing) worked.

Best regards
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi all,

I apologize that you encounter problems with our latest driver. There is a problem with the buttons of the wireless devices used with the receiver. Once you connect the device with the cable the issue should be gone.

We are tracking this problem with our internal bug number #7431. Once we have a fix for this I will let you know. Thank you for your patience.
jalneal

Post by jalneal »

I just wanted to note that I am having this same issue. I had reverted back to the prior version, but have had to upload to the newest version because I just received the CADMouse wireless (which I'm liking so far.) Thank you for posting the wired workaround, this is working for me.
mwiltermood

Post by mwiltermood »

I am having the same issue here. Please let me know when there is a fix.
GregTucker

Post by GregTucker »

I used (probably correct) of all the above advice, I still have the same problem
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi all,

we have released 3DxWare 10.5.2 which includes the fix for this issue. You can download it from our web site.
mm2009

Post by mm2009 »

Have the same problem- I hate their default configuration. Zoom must be push/pull :evil: !

My machine (win7) is being rebuild and I've had to work on other machines(win7). (Inventor and autocad ) I was not able to set zoom to work UP/Down - old driver 10.4 or new 10.5.3. I was lucky on one machine and up/down worked after a while of clicking, but it was in reversed! Once undo reversed you also loose up/down. when you click up/down horizontal rotation is also ticked to reversed and undoing makes you loose up/down if its working at all Or it goes back to default forward backward zoom.Rubbish!!
What I want is as you would have spacemouse placed on the screen -not on the table! most people prefer that! some also like when the zoom is set to reversed also (whatever you think is natural when a spacemouse is on the desk - is not! most people hate spacemouse because of your defaults)
Please give us a link to the driver from 2016 that was working ok!
mm2009

Post by mm2009 »

Ok. Fresh OS installed and your latest driver doesn't work. Its Win7 and Inventor 2018.
I was able to find driver v10-3-0-r2161 and that is working for me - push down to zoom in.