<DONE> SpaceNavigator Driver - Mouse Joystick Keyboard

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

pi3573

BSOD

Post by pi3573 »

when i see BSODs the mostb is when ppl have the app open and try to go back into a different app, while its in the edit mode.
barrst

Google Maps?

Post by barrst »

Has anyone used this to support navigating Google Maps?
roBodesign

Post by roBodesign »

Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked before. I have trawled through all the pages here, and can see other people have the same problem but cannot see an answer.

When I create a new layout in the RB9C control programme there is no button to save it (as the screens here show). When I apply the layout the programme exits. But when I go back into the programme, the settings reset and the layout has gone.

What am I doing wrong?

roBodesign
kunal_djscoe

Space mouse plus

Post by kunal_djscoe »

Does the RBC9 driver work for space mouse plus on win xp??
chaseacej

Post by chaseacej »

Has anyone gotten this to work for the space explorer? Im running 64bit XP.
smurf83

Post by smurf83 »

im using the spacenavigator for notebooks and cant get the driver to see it. i installed it step by step and redid .inf to 628. it keeps sayin spacenavigator not found.
Alphard350

Post by Alphard350 »

Hi

I need some help!!
i am using spacenetvigator with winxp32
i am trying so hard to install it, but i cannot put it to work
the device cannot be change to "RBC9 spacenetvigator joystick keyboard"
so when i try to start the .exe, it said no device found

Sorry to ask since so many ppl get it to work
[/img]
Rayearth

Layout fails to load

Post by Rayearth »

I have a very odd error that appears similar to what other people experienced.

I followed the instructions exactly and got the device working. It was wonderful - easily the best peripheral that I have ever used, thanks to RBC9! However, as I was making furhter layout changes, I noticed that it was no longer responding to me. I used the RBC9-SpaceNav.exe program to edit the layout, and all settings were gone. Furthermore, when I tried to save any changes, none were saved. I tried to uninstall, reinstall, cleaned the registry, erased all traced of the old program and reinstalled several times, but still not working. Here is what I have noticed so far in terms of its behavior:

1) I used firefox as the layout name, however, when I hit apply it will say "Apply New Layout" instead of "Apply Firefox" or something to that effect.

2) regedit confirms that some changes were made to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\rbc9spacenavigator\layout\layout - [0001]
However, these setting fail to load consistently

3) Occasionally, the device will use random mouse settings such as right/left tilt causes mouse pointer to more right/left OR up/down tilt causes mouse pointer to move up/down.

4) redoing the layout replaces the old one completely - no old changes are carried through, even if not modified.

5) when the "auto switch" setting is enabled, the blue LED lighting flickers rapidly. When the setting is turned off, the fickering stops.

6) Very odd behavior: when I just type in "firefox" as a layout name and hit apply, the right/left tilt causes mouse pointer to more right/left. That is the only movement I can get. However, when I hit edit layout and save without doing anything, then that mouse movement stops.

Very odd behavior: when I just type in "firefox3" as a layout name and hit apply, up/down tilt causes mouse pointer to move up/down. That is the only movement I can get. However, when I hit edit layout and save without doing anything, then that mouse movement stops.

This almost seems as if there is a subtle corruption ... very strange. Can anyone please please please help!
Rayearth

more strange behavior

Post by Rayearth »

It also seems that the RBC9 SpaceNavigator MouJoyKey v2 driver in device manager cannot be disabled. In fact, disabling the mouse and joystick that is associated with the same UID allows the strange mousing behavior to persist.

My best guess is that the driver is confused and is reading/writing to wrong parts of the registry. Can someone help?
rvjr

Post by rvjr »

Hello guys

I'm currently having some trouble getting my spacenav to work with the rbc9 driver: when i follow the instructions on the first page of the discussion, i always get a bsod... after selecting the driver 'rbc9 space navigator moujoykey v2' and choosing 'install anyway', the blue leds of my spacenav are being enabled for two seconds and then the bsod comes up... I'm using WinXP SP2. Is there any hope getting this to work? I would really like to use your driver because it makes the device much more useful than the default 3dx driver!

Thanks for help
Rainer
rvjr

Post by rvjr »

maybe the bsod info's may help you?

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

STOP: 0xA (0x16, 0x1C, 0x0, 0x805024BA)

I hope we can solve this together...
Mach

Post by Mach »

I've just installed this new driver. Unfortunately one of my software (second life) which is using and supporting SN no longer reacts to SN input.
Looks like they rely on the native driver to be installed.
Is there maybe an easy way to switch between drivers?
DCrosby

Post by DCrosby »

I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but 3DConnexion really needs to get on this and get this driver certified, and bug free. There seems to be a large community gathered around this, and the fact that they are un-willing to support implementation of mouse keyboard through this device is holding many people back from using it.
I myself bought into the Space Pilot their "Premium" Controller, just to find out the Hardware "Error 10" thing the hard way, which in all honesty could fore me to send this thing back and get a navigator due to lack of support on the pilot..... I can't even imagine the frustration on the x64 side of things...

Either way I wanted to know if anybody had made any kind if progress on the source of the driver on page 17 ? I Dl'it yesterday and un-mothballed my VS Studio 2005, and found it very difficult to get even the examples to run it except on stating that I was linking to some phantom 3DxTransform DLL or something, and so I un-installed and re-installed the drivers from 3DConnexion, in the hope of registering the DLL with Visual Studio... but I won't know until I get home. Also C#'s project settings are nothing like C++ as far as the linker goes. It's all very new, and I was thinking maybe we can tackle this as community, or embarrass 3DConnexion into making something proper that works.
DCrosby

Post by DCrosby »

Note: I'm writing this so that others who might follow and have better luck / skills than me might avoid some of the pitfalls. of getting this to work.

So doing some further research, and unearthing some of my old C# skills I figured out I needed to Associate the DLL with the project, which works differently in C++ than in C#, in C# you need to go under project and assign the dll by picking it from a menu of registered win32 ? Dll's... as I recall..

Then I started going back to the RBC9 source, and all I could get to work (Partially) was the app, and not the driver, then I started looking around on MSDN to try and find what I was missing since the compile error was some cryptic link error for an unrecognized library...

I figure I'm missing something and wanted to start with a couple of tutorial driver examples from MS, well turns out you have to DL "MDL" which includes a couple of examples and I would think a couple of DLL's... that's where I am at now, MDL downloaded, and trying to assemble this to set a breakpoint somewhere to see what triggers the Error / Exception 10 thing during install.

Anybody who's gotten the driver to work please feel free to chime in, and provide any insight on how to get this to compile. I'm really in way over my head, as I usually program / script animation pipelines for the entertainment industry in Maya(Mel) or Python, and occasionally a plugin in C++.
cabriobob

Post by cabriobob »

smurf83 wrote:im using the spacenavigator for notebooks and cant get the driver to see it. i installed it step by step and redid .inf to 628. it keeps sayin spacenavigator not found.
I've got the same problem !
anybody else who has the solution ?
spacenav for notebooks should be almost the same as the non-notebook version.