<DONE> SpaceNavigator Driver - Mouse Joystick Keyboard

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

pi3573

driver

Post by pi3573 »

you shouldnt have ANY BSOD!
virtualrain

Post by virtualrain »

Any progress on a Vista x64 version?
pi3573

64 bit

Post by pi3573 »

no and im really wanting it right now in 64 bit ! anyone feel like giving me a hand in 64 bit development plz feel free :]
votan

Post by votan »

Would love to help.. unfotunatily I'm not into programming. :( But happy to hear that you are stil working on the 64 bit version! :)
kessler.bm

Post by kessler.bm »

Does this work with Spaceball 5000 Serial?

-Brian.
pi3573

spaceball

Post by pi3573 »

yea it might, if it doesnt let me know ill help you with it
Ruud Boer

Post by Ruud Boer »

RBC9 ... I can only full heartedly say: THANK YOU !

I just bought a SpaceNavigator cause I thought it would be nice for 3D apps and indeed I am very happy with what it does and how it works. Of course I liked to extend the use to othher apps but unfortunately the supplied software is rather limited in scope. I started reading and I was lucky to come across this thread with your incredibly nice driver!

I followed the instructions in your .doc and everything installed easily and flawlessly and now I can only say "wow". This works like a charm. I now can control everything, using the SNav as a super fine joystick in MS Flight Simulator, as a pan & zoom tool in games like Company of Heroes and as a Left/Right, Up/Down and PageUp/PageDown scrolling device in MS Office or web browsers, each with their own profile (.bind) file.

Just Super! No need for that bulky 5 MByte 3DxOffice plugin anymore ... the RBC9 driver does it all ... and more! Again ... a big thx!
htsource

Post by htsource »

I don't have a SpaceNavigator yet but I'm seriously thinking one for my CarPC.

Basically what I'm trying to do is, instead of using my touchscreen to navigate around iGuidance map, I'd like to use SN instead.

Control is easy, all I need is ability to drag around the screen. I can pan around by hold down LEFT MOUSE BUTTON while moving around. When I let go of the mouse, the map will be centered then.

Can someone please confirm if it's doable with SN and this driver before I order one?

Much appreciate your help.
dagi

Post by dagi »

hello i try to convert joystick signals to midi and i have problem with slider2 becouse 2 programs what i use now (vsthost and VMIDIJoY) convert it wrong no smooth values only for example from MIDI-OX DATA2 is 00 or 40 or 7F... i converted my signal first by 3DMIDIGator but is very unstable and when i do nothing my midi values change for a moment and this is very bad :/ anybody have solution how resolve this problem? i think is fault RBC9-SpaceNav but im not sure maybe somebody convert every axis good or can convert to direct to midi? pleaseeeee :) and sorry for english
gclayton

Re: 64 bit driver

Post by gclayton »

pi3573 wrote:no and im really wanting it right now in 64 bit ! anyone feel like giving me a hand in 64 bit development plz feel free :]
I would like to try to see if I can help with the 64 bit driver. I have the SpacePilot and have done a little driver development recently but am not an expert by any means.

Where can I get the code?

Thanks,

Gil
pi3573

driver source

Post by pi3573 »

ya ya digital signing and the ini. lets start there or where ever, :] contact me at pi3573@hotmail.com and ill PM it to you
swifty

Post by swifty »

This app is the BEST!!
I have been playing around with it for a few days since I got my spacenavigator and the possiblities are endless.

What I'd like to know is this, is there any way to switch layout via an external command ?

Eg; I have an application that can call a command line or script etc.. when I go to a specific screen. Since the screens all run from one exe I can't use autoswitch, but if the RBC9 app can switch by command of an external 'caller' then all my prayers would be answered :lol:
I'd like to get it automatically switching rather than have a button assigned to do it as there will be around 4 different configurations I hope to use.

I'd love to know if this is/isn't possible!

Thanks
shima_sds1

Scroll Horizontal and Vertical

Post by shima_sds1 »

Hello
Im new on this forum.Nice work whit the driver it works flowless.i have only one problem , how can i use\setup your software\driver to scroll horizontal\vertical . I saw that vertical scrolling works but horizontal ???
I want to scroll horizontal in the same way as vertical not using arrows or pageup pagedown . Something like universal scroll ???How can i do that ??? Tks and sorry for my bad english.
lodewijk

Re: 64 bit

Post by lodewijk »

pi3573 wrote:no and im really wanting it right now in 64 bit ! anyone feel like giving me a hand in 64 bit development plz feel free :]
I can give it a go. I'm more of a unix person, but I can wield a compiler on Windows just fine. where's the code?

speaking of which, any reason not to put the code up for public consumption and improvement somewhere?
votan

Post by votan »

Well, not sure why he doesn't post his current progress of the 64 bit version for public so that we can all experminet with it.... anyway, if he does not reply to your post, try to contact him through his email he posted some messages above " pi3573@hotmail.com " and tell him that you can help.