<DONE> SpaceNavigator Driver - Mouse Joystick Keyboard

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Wouho

Post by Wouho »

Nice drivers tried them on a couple of games and they worked perfectly.
But for some reason it always recognises the spacenavigator as the default joystick even if I change it from the "game controllers" advanced option.

Is there a way to fix this or am I stuck with just unhooking spacenavigator every time I want to use my other joystick. (problem only in games that don't support changing my controller)
votan

Post by votan »

a new .inf file only will not help.... read through the thread for more info... all us 64 bit users need to wait for a newly compiled version. But things do not look very good right now...
Nink

RBC9 left right click

Post by Nink »

Hi I have RBC9 running with SN and works well. What I can't seem to work out is how to config left mouse button to be RBC9 SN left button and right mouse button to be RBC9 SN Right button.

I am sure I am missing something obvious :-) thanks everyone and love the driver.
Koradhil

Post by Koradhil »

I've tried to run this driver/software, but it won't work for me. I've installed it as described, updating the driver for the joystick etc. It seems to me it's the software that has an error, as I cant set any binds. Also when I go to Game Controllers - RBC9 Properties, the software doesn't detect any motion.
I have the original 3DxWare software installed with the driver running but the software disabled.

Here's a screenshot:
http://www.core-modding.nl/datas/users/ ... ftware.jpg

What am I doing wrong?
s2bu

Post by s2bu »

Hello everybody,

RBC9 seems to have done an outstanding job here... yet i somehow managed to mess it up...

here's the situation:
i installed the driver as the instructions said, then had it working for a brief time but now the "RBC9-SpaceNav.exe" just shuts itself down just after starting and the icon in the Systray disappears...
i tried uninstalling everything (both the original 3dconnexion and RBC9's software) and reinstalling it but that wont change anything.
i guess some faulty data is still stored somewhere else on my computer...
any1 got any ideas on what i might try to get it working again?
s2bu

Post by s2bu »

hmmm forgot to mention that i'm trieing to get it working with a spacenavigator...

and it seems you cant edit posts...
Koradhil

Post by Koradhil »

Well I got the driver working now, I tried to install it on my laptop (same OS) and now the testing software in Game Controllers setup does work. Unfortunately the RBC9 software is still bugged as I cant bind anything.
I have a SpaceNavigator PE.
Koradhil

Post by Koradhil »

When I reboot my laptop I now get a BSOD if the SpaceNavigator is connected. I guess that means uninstalling it.
Koradhil

Post by Koradhil »

I got it working now. The problem was I didn't know I had to right click on the empty binds field to add a bind.

Also installed Vista on my laptop but my first attempt with the RBC9 software wasn't succesful.
pi3573

Post by pi3573 »

its not bugged for those who cant get it to work email me its up and ill help you once again its not bugged
yos

Post by yos »

Hi all.
I was waiting for someone to write and publish space explorer support for a longtime. Recentry, I decided to do it by myself. It seems working on my environment (Windows XP 32bit with SpaceExplorer). If anybody want to try it, grab this.
http://tea-serv.cc.toin.ac.jp/~yos/RBC9-SpaceNavMod.zip

There is no installer in my package, because I don't have build environment of it. Plase install it manually.

Install Instruction

* Install RBC9's original installer package
* Replace following files with modified version
c:\Windows\system32\drivers\RBC9-SpaceNav.sys
c:\Windows\Program Files\RBC9\RBC9 - SpaceNavigator\RBC9-SpaceNav.exe
* Follow instruction written by RBC9
(For SpaceExplorer, use modified inf file to install a driver.)

Changes
* Add a SpaceExplorer ProductID (RBC9-SpaceNav.inf)
* Change number of joystick buttons to 16 (RBC9-SpaceNav.sys)
* Add SpaceExplorer support (RBC9-SpaceNav.exe)
* Support 16 buttons joystick button mapping (RBC9-SpaceNav.exe)

Build Environment
* Windows XP 32bit
* WinDDK 6001.17051
* Visual Studio 2008 Express Edition

Known Problems
* The picture of SpaceExplorer on layout editor is wrong.

Don't blame me if your PC crash into BSOD :)
-----
yos
kelmk

Post by kelmk »

I have a problem with this driver. Whenever it is installed I cannot resume from standby.
pi3573

BSOD

Post by pi3573 »

the reason you get a BSOD is ,you have to let the driver fully load
pi3573

driver

Post by pi3573 »

and if you look back in the posts youll see ive already written a driver compatible with xp and vista
kelmk

Re: BSOD

Post by kelmk »

pi3573 wrote:the reason you get a BSOD is ,you have to let the driver fully load
What do you mean by this? I'm using the rbc9 driver.
is your driver more stable? I have a space navigator.