<DONE> SpaceNavigator Driver - Mouse Joystick Keyboard

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

chrisman

Binding

Post by chrisman »

I'm sorry I gues I was using older version of the software.

Since I downloaded the latest and I was able to create layouts, but not able to bind anything.
I created new layout set it as default, removed all bind(if any) and still get mouse movement and scroll !
Tried to creat layout for Adobe Illustrator - setup illustrator.exe and some binds for zoom in/out but autoswitch and binds are not working.

Any idea ?

Thanks
----------------------
Live while you live!
smallwesley

Re: driver

Post by smallwesley »

pi3573 wrote:hmm where to put it good question .. i got FTP tools maybe i can
put it in our clan page ill work on it :]
I wonder if we could check the code/builds into SourceForge.net [http://sourceforge.net/index.php]

This might be a useful spot to manage the on-going development of this great effort for this driver/configurator! I am also a software developer and I would love to contribute to the development effort. I now have a SpaceExplorer and am very excited to have an opportunity to use it broadly across any application.

What do you think pi3573?
er_domi

Post by er_domi »

Hello everybody!

This is my first message in this forum.
I bought a SpaceNavigator to include it in a Arcade Cabinet (arcade machine playing with Mame).

I have 2 questions / petitions to RCB9 (First of all, thanks for this driver and Layout editor!!!!):

1.- Could I get a configuration screen in 640x480 pixels? I have the computer in this resolution because I use a TV to see the games in the arcade cabinet and I can
pi3573

driver

Post by pi3573 »

hey guys you know ive had the chance to test the drive install ,and it just really looks good so far. Iready to help you get that Exp going ...like Ced said "in all of my apps. pi3573@hotmail.com plz try not toblow my box up :] and ....this really pertains to those ppl with a Space Explorer working in a Vista 32 bit enviroment.
pi3573

driver

Post by pi3573 »

ok guys im given out the addon and it looks good so far gotten it to work on two other machines,,now its my turn if anyone out knows how to write a proper inf for vista 64 bit plz let me know i think 99.9% done with the 64 bit evrything works i just get an "Invalid service section" when i try to force the driver in DM,its there i can see it it just needs more NTamd64,and NTx64 sections in the inf i think Ced if your watching plz i could a litte help.....as a matter of fact ill let your use or otherwise my Vista Ultimate 64 bit . i hope everyone is doing well and Merry Christmas
Generalx5

I can't get it to work.

Post by Generalx5 »

I dont know what you guys are doing, I followed it and it doesnt work. Both on vista and XP...really dissapointed 3D dudes dont know how to make one of these. the 20 pages if instructions are too much for me.

Where is the final installer pakage?
pi3573

Driver

Post by pi3573 »

you might sit down with a cup of coffee and read those 20 someodd pages .
then youll get it to work its NOT that hard just have some patience.

From "Random House Dictionary of Popular Proverbs and Sayings" by Gregory Y. Titelman (Random House, New York, 1996): "Patience is a virtue. The ability to wait for something without excessive frustration is a valuable character trait. The proverb has been traced back to 'Piers Plowman' (1377) by William Langland and is similar to the Latin, Maxima enim..patientia virtus (Patience is the greatest virtue) and the French, Patience est une grant vertu. (Patience is a great value.) Some ten years after Langland, Chaucer wrote in 'The Canterbury Tales' (1386) that 'Patience is a high virtue.' Sometimes followed by the wry rejoinder 'but virtue can hurt you.' First cited in the United States in 1724 in the 'Works of Thomas Chalkley' (1766
Generalx5

Post by Generalx5 »

O, the problem isnt about patience. I thank you for your concern, and yes I do agree that one with patience is a desired trait. But my problems lies in the fact that 4 steps in from the instructions, I'll get stumped. What hes showing on his version is different from mine. I cannot open RBC9.msi like that. I have even found the directory of where it is installed, but I was unable to open the file as my search for driver file extensions were .inf

My point being, there should be just one installation pakage that makes life much more simple. Someone needs to spends a little more time making an installation pakage, and scrifice their own time so that everyone else who aquires this driver can enjoy their time doing ...what not.
pi3573

Driver

Post by pi3573 »

I couldnt agree with you more .....the only prob here is that ,
I think your singing to the band . Those who might have/should have and other wise work for 3d connection and your right they should have !
We in the forums actually DO have real jobs with real lives, and since i dont work for 3d connecction and niether does anyone else here in the forums have some patience, because to sit down and a Vista 64 takes time , knowledge and a whole lot of patience!
Ive finish my vista 32 bit and im now working on the 64 bit ,but
feel free to help at any point . When you really want somthing done you just may have to do it yourself! Soooooooo.......if you have C,C+,C++
VB skills you might want to bring them to the table cuse it took me two monthes to write the 32bit extension to the RCB9 driver.
Give it a shot and see if you feel differently about the comunity picking up where a Corp. left off. If you really care about getting it working for you let me know i can help. As you can see through these many pages the 3D connection staff has very little if nothing to say ,add,or contribute to this endevor.
torniaccio

Post by torniaccio »

HI everybody!

The driver works great!

THANK YOU RBC9!!!!

But something goes wrong when i change the device from SN to Sp (i've both :D ), simply the SP doesnt work anymore!
Somebody know something about this problem?

Thanks Ciao!
pi3573

driver

Post by pi3573 »

try useing two different usb ports and then make sure each has had the inf file corrected , that should do it.
Bowtie Bob

Post by Bowtie Bob »

This driver doesn't work with the Space Pilot.
torniaccio

Post by torniaccio »

Hi BOWTIE BOB,
ok, the driver doesn't work with SP, but how can i work with the SP now?
The computer doesn't boot well if i plug the SP.
If i try to work with some CAD it doesn't work at all. On the SP's LCD screen it's only shown the "3D CONNEXION" logo ... and the 3DX control panel doesn't work.

The driver for SN is really great, but do u have any idea about this problem?

Thanks,
Ciao Roberto
cello.ch

Post by cello.ch »

@pi3573

If you have a x64 driver ready, I would be more than happy to try it out!
Running a machine with XP Pro x64 and another one Vista Enterprise x64.

Regards from Switzerland
Cello
Narcotic2001

Post by Narcotic2001 »

Hi there!

I'm pretty sure that the RBC9 Driver is a cool thing, but it doesn't work on my Computer.

I didn't find any information on why I'm not able to change the layout (bind). Double clicking onto the icon, it always says "hardcoded", no matter how many binds I've created or set as default or whatever.

(The hardcoded layout (Mouse X, Mouse Y and Wheel) does work though)

Does anyone know how to fix that prob?

Thank you very much