<DONE> SpaceNavigator Driver - Mouse Joystick Keyboard

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

RBC9

Post by RBC9 »

systemsuperuser wrote:Hi

@RBC9:
- When u are in the Edit Layout screen , the driver stop sending to Joystick Mouse and Keyboard. The driver restart when u leave this screen.

Why does the driver stop when you're on the edit screen? For me, using the device sometime as a mouse replacement it would be very convinient to use it also on the edit screen.
it a choice i ve made , because , if u move SpaceNav while ur in Edit screen to see value of axis (ie for Min/Max/Deadzone ) , it should be difficult if u have some "Alt-Tab" Bind or other key bind running ...

systemsuperuser wrote: And, using it as a mouse: May it be possible to add a control to the GUI allowing to set the mouse speed? (Windows has one global mouse speed setting - this one affects all connected mouses. It's not possible to adust the mouse speed of different mouses individually.) As I use the SpaceNavigator sometimes as mouse replacement this would be a nice feature.

there is a "Sensitivity" value for each Mouse Move bind.

systemsuperuser wrote: Is there a way to stop the driver other than by opening the Edit Layout screen? During let's say Google Earth exploration you might want to have this driver stopped. Creating an Google Earth layout without any binding should do this, I guess.
i ve create a "Dummy Layout" , and i use Autoswith for all the app i want to turn off my driver.

But it sould be add as a feature , a On/Off option in Systry menu.

systemsuperuser wrote: If you ever might consider to add more features to the driver, maybe you could consider my input. The driver works very well, and I'm very satisfied with it. Thanks!
Happy to help u. May be i ll have time in futur to come back to this driver dev .... but not for the moment.
RBC9

Post by RBC9 »

SB4000FLX-Owner wrote:Hi!

This seems to be a wonderful tool! However I have problems with installing it. I run XP Pro (Tablet PC Edition) Service Pack 2. When I am in the "Edit Layout" screen, in the Bind tab, there is just an empty box with "Bind To" and "Comment", there are no other rows in that box, or any other controls in the "Bind" tab. Is there anything I could do or check?

Note: In spite of my user name, I actually run a SpaceNavigator PE.

Thanks for a great initative!
Righ clic on the row in bind list box ... u ll see a menu with "Add / del ....."
RBC9

Post by RBC9 »

seamus wrote:This is a really great driver, but I had to stop using it as Photoshop started acting very strange. It refused to open files and other bugs. When I uninstalled the driver it functioned normaly again.

Has anybody else noticed this bug or any idea of a workaround maybe?
had u some layout running with the driver ?
did u create one ?
RBC9

Post by RBC9 »

ReviewPilot wrote:Hi,
I really like this driver.

1)
But I did not get it to run with DeepExploration, a 3D-Viewer Application. The issue may also appear with lots of other programs.

How do i get it done in RBC9 to map the navigation in the 3d-view?
Usually I do 3D-Navigation using the Mouse:

-LMB down and drag X/Y-axis to rotate the object
-RMB down and drag Y-axis to zoom in/out
-MMB down and drag X/Y-axis to pan/move the view

Now how do i add a BIND to press a mousebutton and at the same time dragging mouse??
u can have multiple bind on the same axis at the same time... Move + Keyb + Button ...
ReviewPilot wrote: 2)
I also do not understand how i can initiate this binds:
should i create a special layout explicitly for that program and create a shortcut for changing the layout manually when i use that program, or will RBC9 recognize the application beeing active automatically?
If not, I guess it's hard to use because i ALWAYS do switch between many programs.. Any hints??

Cheers, Reviewpilot
AutoSwith do the trick for u ... u add exe name in the "Application AutoSwitch" Tab , and the driver will use the correct layout when ur app get the focus.
pi3573

Post by pi3573 »

Rbc9 plz help me to use the RBC9 exe for the space explorer :]
or some help for writing the driver for the space explorer
i have all the build kits but dont know if it should be a KMDF of UMDF
plz help Ced thanks,we can do all the work i just need the code
RBC9

Post by RBC9 »

pi3573 wrote:Rbc9 plz help me to use the RBC9 exe for the space explorer :]
or some help for writing the driver for the space explorer
i have all the build kits but dont know if it should be a KMDF of UMDF
plz help Ced thanks,we can do all the work i just need the code
i ve post a link to source code on page 17 :)

u ll need the windows driver kit (wdk 6000).
pi3573

Post by pi3573 »

where do i change the description in your app to get it to see the Space Explorer ,and should i re write your driver using most of your code or write a alll new one just for the space explorer. it doesnt match your driver more buttons and the like :] thanks Ced or moderators
ReviewPilot

Post by ReviewPilot »

RBC9 wrote:
ReviewPilot wrote:Hi,
I really like this driver.

1)
But I did not get it to run with DeepExploration, a 3D-Viewer Application. The issue may also appear with lots of other programs.

How do i get it done in RBC9 to map the navigation in the 3d-view?
Usually I do 3D-Navigation using the Mouse:

-LMB down and drag X/Y-axis to rotate the object
-RMB down and drag Y-axis to zoom in/out
-MMB down and drag X/Y-axis to pan/move the view

Now how do i add a BIND to press a mousebutton and at the same time dragging mouse??
u can have multiple bind on the same axis at the same time... Move + Keyb + Button ...
ReviewPilot wrote: 2)
I also do not understand how i can initiate this binds:
should i create a special layout explicitly for that program and create a shortcut for changing the layout manually when i use that program, or will RBC9 recognize the application beeing active automatically?
If not, I guess it's hard to use because i ALWAYS do switch between many programs.. Any hints??

Cheers, Reviewpilot
AutoSwith do the trick for u ... u add exe name in the "Application AutoSwitch" Tab , and the driver will use the correct layout when ur app get the focus.

This works, thanks!
Anyhow, my mousecursor, additionally, seems to get some parallel command from another setting, so it moves out of that window if i move the spaceNav..
Must be in RBC9, as i tested to switch off the default driver.
My logic says this couldn't be because autoswitch only allows the Binds from that special layout..

What am I doin wrong now?

Also, can I map the 2 SpaceNavigator buttons for that special application??
pi3573

Post by pi3573 »

How do i compile your prog form the nav .cs
pi3573

Post by pi3573 »

i have an error during the build process,,,
error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing Makefile
pi3573

Post by pi3573 »

rbc9 or mods i need alittle help i cant build from the source
i get an error plz help !
pi3573

Post by pi3573 »

Build Log Build started: Project: RBC9-SpaceNav, Configuration: WLH free|Win32
Command Lines Creating temporary file "C:\Users\CYTOTO~1\AppData\Local\Temp\BAT0000026924000.bat" with contents
[
@echo off

ddkbuild.cmd -WLH free .

if errorlevel 1 goto VCReportError

goto VCEnd

:VCReportError

echo Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing Makefile project actions"

exit 1

:VCEnd
]
Creating command line "C:\Users\CYTOTO~1\AppData\Local\Temp\BAT0000026924000.bat"
Output Window Performing Makefile project actions
'ddkbuild.cmd' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing Makefile project actions"
Results Build log was saved at "file://c:\Users\CYTOTOXYC\Desktop\1\RBC9 - SpaceNavigator Source\RBC9-SpaceNav\BuildLog.htm"
RBC9-SpaceNav - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
pi3573

Post by pi3573 »

it wont open in vc 2005 and error on build on vc 2008
loocas

SpaceExplorer support?

Post by loocas »

I haven't gone through this entire thread due to the lack of time, I only have a quick question.

Before I proceed with testing, does this driver suppor SpaceExplorer as well?

I use this computer primarily for work so I'm not willing too much doing some tests/mumbo-jumbo on it, that's why I'm asking first before proceeding with the actual testing :)

Thanks a lot in advance!
pi3573

Post by pi3573 »

im writing the explorer version now :]