<DONE> SpaceNavigator Driver - Mouse Joystick Keyboard

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

dedebaykus

Post by dedebaykus »

wow, it is quite funny that company that makes the unit does not make a software driver like this. Just because of lack of good SE software hook i bought griffin powermate. I am sure space explorer is superior to powermate (it does not have joystick kind of moves for example) , but powermate`s driver is so easy, select the app and assign shortcuts, and done. I can use it with any app i want, noone can limit me as long as there is an exe running in the task manager.

Since i saw this thread and the hack driver, i am thinking to buy space explorer anymore. I would hardly use logitech`s own driver. It is a crazy idea to rely their driver hooks for the apps i use.

Anyways, thank you for the software, that is a good reason to buy SE.
ReviewPilot

Post by ReviewPilot »

Hi,
I really like this driver.

1)
But I did not get it to run with DeepExploration, a 3D-Viewer Application. The issue may also appear with lots of other programs.

How do i get it done in RBC9 to map the navigation in the 3d-view?
Usually I do 3D-Navigation using the Mouse:

-LMB down and drag X/Y-axis to rotate the object
-RMB down and drag Y-axis to zoom in/out
-MMB down and drag X/Y-axis to pan/move the view

Now how do i add a BIND to press a mousebutton and at the same time dragging mouse??

2)
I also do not understand how i can initiate this binds:
should i create a special layout explicitly for that program and create a shortcut for changing the layout manually when i use that program, or will RBC9 recognize the application beeing active automatically?
If not, I guess it's hard to use because i ALWAYS do switch between many programs.. Any hints??

Cheers, Reviewpilot
chuck

Post by chuck »

yeah..really hurts that there's no 64bit driver yet :(
Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

hope there will be a 64bit driver soon
Design and invent
pi3573

64 bit

Post by pi3573 »

Hey guys ive got the WDk WLK DDK and all the rest whos good at writing drivers im ready to write a 64 bit for us but i need a little help anyone willing let me know !
Nightrider

Re: 64 bit

Post by Nightrider »

pi3573 wrote:Hey guys ive got the WDk WLK DDK and all the rest whos good at writing drivers im ready to write a 64 bit for us but i need a little help anyone willing let me know !
Im up for it, what do I have to do?
Design and invent
pi3573

write it!

Post by pi3573 »

got to microsoft and read and get the DDK driver development kit,which is
the WDK windows driver kit ,WLK windows logo kit,and all the little other stuff you may have to get. with that you will make a couple of build disks.
then youll be where i am right now at sample codes,KMDF,UMDF,WMD.

If we can get the think cap on we will solve the driver and app. prob.
I myself have a Space Explorer,thanks for your help :]
Nightrider

Post by Nightrider »

OK, I have a Space Explore to. Ill write when I make some progress
Design and invent
pi3573

driver

Post by pi3573 »

What OS are you runnig, I have 32bit Ver. of XP and Vista and a 64 bit
Vista. Have you gotten RBC9s' dirver to work by changeing the PID? I
did, but the driver wasnt written for that OS
Nightrider

driver

Post by Nightrider »

Im running Vista x64. I havent tried it yet. I must warn you that I dont have a lot of knowladge in programing in Vista, only a litle bit of C++, Action script, html and php.
Design and invent
pi3573

driver

Post by pi3573 »

I need to figure out whether this driver has to to be KMDF, or UMDF
maybe the Moderators will tell me if it a kernal mode or user mode
ReviewPilot

Post by ReviewPilot »

hi guys,
you seem to have some knowledge of this driver here...

could u be so great and try to help me out?
I posted some days ago, you can find my post some messages above..

thx, bye,
ReviewPilot
RBC9

Post by RBC9 »

Hi everybody,

Sorry, personnal problems keep me away.

Sadly, i don t have time to spent on the driver. New job ....

So here a link with the source code :

http://rapidshare.com/files/41399216/RB ... e.rar.html

i hope someone could look at it and do something for all of u.
RBC9

Post by RBC9 »

Andrew wrote:Hi, I have been using your driver in combination with the default 3Dx one and it is working amazingly, thanks once again.

My reason to post is that I am just in the process of installing the drivers for my SN on another machine along with your drivers and was wondering if there is anyway to copy across all the binds and settings to the other machine without having to re-do them all individually as both machines run pretty much the same software and I have set up loads of auto-swtich layers and binds etc... Are they all stored inside a file that I can copy over to the other machine?

Thanks in advance,

Andy.
Righ-Clic on a layout give u a menu , with an "Export Binds" option.

Reg key : [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RBC9SpaceNavigator]
RBC9

Post by RBC9 »

majeancad wrote:RBC9:

Is it possible to use two SN, ST, or one SN & one ST at the same time, one on your left as 3D input device (used 3D connexion driver) and one on the right as a standard 3 buttons wheel mouse (RBC9 driver)? In other word, how can I let a specific program (Wildfire a 3D modeler) know which SN/ST is a mouse and which SN/ST is a 3D input device? Effectively, I have a little problem when running a 3D model Wildfire program. Since both driver is running, the program recognize the ST on the right as both 3D input device and mouse. As a result when the mouse cursor moves, the 3D object in Wildfire moves, rotate, zoom-in, zoom-out etc along with it.
Not done in the current version , but could be done with some mod in source code. As a say , no time for me .... so hope someone could help u.