<DONE> SpaceNavigator Driver - Mouse Joystick Keyboard

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Niels

Post by Niels »

Hi RBC9,

First of all THANK YOU! for the hard work, even tho I haven't had the pleasure of testing your driver yet.

I have a Space Explorer, and I think it's currently not supported by your driver yet. I would love to see it added to the list of supported devices, since I like gaming as much as I like 3D modelling ;)

This is what I find as hardware id:

USB\Vid_046d&Pid_c627&Rev_0317
USB\Vid_046d&Pid_c627

Let me know if you need anything more.

Thanks in advance,

Greetz Niels
FadeToBlack

Post by FadeToBlack »

Hi RBC9,

Thank you for you great work to make 3Dconnexion products more friendly to all applications.

But I need your help becase i have a problem with driver installation.

I have SpacePilot. I install RBC9 MJK driver on WinXP Pro SP2 as describe in first post. When i pick up the RBC9 MJK driver from driver list and press OK the installation process freeze on "hidusb.sys" copying.
Process unfreeze if I push anything on my SpacePilot. After that I have Error code 10 and installed one device with error next to it.
Before posting I have read this thread and have tried all suggestions you gave with out any result.

Please help me to get on with work.

Thank you,
Oleg
rEvolvingDesigns

Post by rEvolvingDesigns »

Is there a way to Save or Export a Layout ?

Edit: Nevermind, found it :)

I do however have another question.

Im not sure how to do it or if can even be done.....this is what Im looking for

In Bryce6 (3D Program that doesn't work at all with SN)

In order to move objects with the Keyboard
Back and Forth on the Z Axis

Shift + UP
Shift + DOWN

Back and Forth on the X Axis

Shift + LEFT
Shift + RIGHT

And then In order to move the camera with the Keyboard

UP and DOWN on the Y Axis

CTRL + UP
CTRL + DOWN

Back and Forth on the X Axis

CTRL + LEFT
CTRL + RIGHT

How would I accomplish this correctly with the exe? I don't mind if I have to create 2 separate binds (1 for Camera and 1 for Object) I'm just confused with being able to have two function keys on the same bind.

The full version demo can be found here

http://www.daz3d.com/sections/support/f ... 5_DEMO.exe

Im also having the issue where the device blinks while in Edit mode.
RBC9

Post by RBC9 »

rEvolvingDesigns :

Create 2 layout :

one with the Shift + option
and the second with the "CTRL +"

turn OFF the autoswitch option

add in each layout add a bind on a btn to change between layout.

Im also having the issue where the device blinks while in Edit mode.
it s to show ur in the "Edit Layout" screen , and the driver doesnt send any value to windows.
I do this , cause sometimes , while testing and switch between app , i didnt see that i don t close the Layout screen ....
RBC9

Post by RBC9 »

FadeToBlack :

could test this for me ?

1) download FadeToBlack.rar here : http://rbc.duckinegg.com/

2) unplug ur device

3) copy the RBC9-SpaceNav.sys file in ur Windows\system32\drivers directory. replace the old file

4) create a dir and copy there all the file from "Dbugview archive

5) start Dbgview.exe

6) plug ur device

7) SAve the log file in Dbgview.exe

8) send me back this log
RBC9

Post by RBC9 »

Niels

b4 trying with ur device a i would be happy making the driver running with Spacepilot.

btw, i ll add ur device id in the driver asap.
muddiman

Request for future updates

Post by muddiman »

RBC9,
Just wanted you to know your drivers and software work great. Thank you for taking the time to write this much needed software. I am using the software with a Space Navigator I just purchased. I have used the SpaceOrb for many years and have never been pleased with the amount of play in the ball creating a dead zone. I am in the process of creating a configuration using the Space Navigator and Flight stick handle to allow for the unique gaming device. Here is a link for a SpaceOrb I have married together with a Flight stick handle. www.eagle-i.us/spaceorb

I have a few request for future updates.

1) When applying changes or creating a new profile allows the RBC9-SpaceNav software to stay open. Using dual monitors this would allow you to tweak the setting on one monitor while playing on the second monitor with out having to open the program each time.

2) Add a precision button configuration. This would allow a configured button to control the sensitivity and gain for the overall controls. Example; Pressing the button during a game when a sniper was taking a shot would allow the sensitivity and gain to be lowered for better accuracy.

Thank you,
Don

www.eagle-i.us
Slider_7

Bind for halflife

Post by Slider_7 »

I am trying to use the SN in Half-Life TFC
previously I needed to reduce sensitivity and you gave me your joystick settings. However now i cannot get the SN to respond to the correct axis.
Can I get your bind for RBC9 that works with the half-life game. Thanks
Slider_7
Slider_7

mouse xy

Post by Slider_7 »

i have my game set up for mouse look.
The mouse looks around properly.
i set up RBC9 ,set the lookup and turn axis for the mouse x & y.
I can ony get the SN to look up/down. Nothing i do will make it turn L/R
if i set the axis to the same as the mouse. Shouldn't it act the same way?
Slider_7
psychobyte

Post by psychobyte »

EvolvingDesigns :

Create 2 layout :

one with the Shift + option
and the second with the "CTRL +"

turn OFF the auto switch option

add in each layout add a bind on a btn to change between layout.

for one of the side buttons to be used as a "layout switcher" you have to change its "Press type" to "Short Press" otherwise it's jumping back and forth without changing. at least on my pc it was like that.

by the way. thank you so much for this driver. exactly what i needed some things you might consider in further releases:

- posibility to mark more than one entry in the "bind to" window and the option to cut (if you want to switch compelx bind settings between axes or different layouts)

- settings for differnt keyboard layouts. (if you ever want to put that in let me now i could write a eng->german keyboard layout index [or however its done ;)] let me now
RBC9

Post by RBC9 »

psychobyte wrote:

for one of the side buttons to be used as a "layout switcher" you have to change its "Press type" to "Short Press" otherwise it's jumping back and forth without changing. at least on my pc it was like that.
u r right ... the switch to layout is a quick option i ve add to test ... and never used ... :)

psychobyte wrote: by the way. thank you so much for this driver. exactly what i needed some things you might consider in further releases:

- posibility to mark more than one entry in the "bind to" window and the option to cut (if you want to switch compelx bind settings between axes or different layouts)
i don t really understand , could u explain plz.
u can have multiple bind on one axis , with range where it should run or not ..
psychobyte wrote: - settings for differnt keyboard layouts. (if you ever want to put that in let me now i could write a eng->german keyboard layout index [or however its done ;)] let me now
yes ... i know ... i have to .... but i m lazy, i ve put US layout to be more "compatible", my keyboard is a Belgian one (AZERTY) ... btw not a lot of key are diff ... but u r right , i should add in future...
RBC9

Post by RBC9 »

Slider_7 : are u sure the layout u create is Actif ? AutoSwitch ? manual Switch ?

u ll find my Counter strike bind and a Simple Mouse Mouse Destktop bind in the download page.

http://rbc.duckinegg.com
rEvolvingDesigns

I want to start off saying what a fantastic job you did on the re-writing of the drivers.

Having said that, I am a graphic designer, IT manager and a Staffed Technical Writer as well.

Your steps are very well documented and very through. But as the Son of an Italian who used to live in Bari, language barriers and Technical Documentation do not always play nice.

What I attempted to do was Four things
Clean up the formating of your awesome documentation So users may follow it easer

Clean up a little bit of the English used in the documentation so it is easer to read by people who have troubles reading English as a Second Language

Decrease the size of the documentation by optimizing all the Images with in the document

Create a XP version because some of the install Screen shots are Vista Specific
Your Zipped document was at 2.87mb
Your Unzipped document was at 4.32mb
After optimization:
The Zipped document is at 597kb
The Unzipped document is at 625kb
The documents can be found here

Vista Install

XP Install

If you have any other questions let me know
Last edited by rEvolvingDesigns on Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RBC9

Post by RBC9 »

Hi rEvolvingDesigns,

thx for ur documentation .... but ... the link seems not working :).
rEvolvingDesigns

RBC9 wrote:Hi rEvolvingDesigns,

thx for ur documentation .... but ... the link seems not working :).
I blame my crappy keyboard :)

Links have been updated