<DONE> SpaceNavigator Driver - Mouse Joystick Keyboard

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

cdhutch

Post by cdhutch »

Sorry for the no content message. I did this since I can't figure out a different way to be e-mailed when the thread updates.
steddyman

Post by steddyman »

I also have a SpacePilot Pro so thought i'd have a go at getting this working with my Win 7 64bit installation.

I've made the following additions to the INF file for Zebramod release:

%RBC9_PRO.DeviceDesc% =Install, USB\VID_046D&PID_C629 ; SpacePilot Pro

RBC9_PRO.DeviceDesc="RBC9 SpacePilotPro64 MouJoyKey v2"

The driver installed, then failed to load complaining it wasn't signed. I fixed this using the Driver Signing Override tool and rebooted.

Now it reports the driver fails to start with error code 10. That usually means it is the wrong driver for the hardware, so I guess there is some hardware init code in the driver that is now failing to start.

Come on 3D connexion, please supply us a beta driver. Without it, this device is almost useless.
Phaedron

Post by Phaedron »

[quote="steddyman"
Now it reports the driver fails to start with error code 10.[/quote]

I had this problem with my spacenavigator, when I used the properties of the HID device (with my Device ID) to install my driver. When I uninstalled it from the HID driver, but installed it on the USB Device with my HID, then (again) signed the driver with the test certificate, it worked.

If you're sure you installed the driver on the USB device, it probably doesn't work. If you used it on the HID device, you might try again on the USB device.

But I agree it would be a lot easier with an official driver, and can't wait as well until the new driver is on the 3dxlabs part of the site.
Phaedron

Post by Phaedron »

[quote="steddyman"
Now it reports the driver fails to start with error code 10.[/quote]

I had this problem with my spacenavigator, when I used the properties of the HID device (with my Device ID) to install my driver. When I uninstalled it from the HID driver, but installed it on the USB Device with my HID, then (again) signed the driver with the test certificate, it worked.

If you're sure you installed the driver on the USB device, it probably doesn't work. If you used it on the HID device, you might try again on the USB device.

But I agree it would be a lot easier with an official driver, and can't wait as well until the new driver is on the 3dxlabs part of the site.
steddyman

Post by steddyman »

Thanks, but I am not sure I have understood what you are stating.

I did install it against the HID device (right click, Update driver). I have just looked under USB devices and spotted another related hardware ID so I tried to install it for that. It was a USB Composite device. I can see quite a few devices with the same VID so not sure which one is the correct one to install it against. Installing it to the Composite one seems to have installed it to the same HID device and reported the same error.
steddyman

Post by steddyman »

Also tried it on the USB Input Device with the same ID and got the same error (10).
Kryo

Post by Kryo »

tried the same with space navigator for notebooks, changed the id in the inf file to the correct number, and I have no triangle in device manager anymore.
Yet if i start the SpaceNav.exe i cannot save any profile, and it seems not to get any response from the SpaceNavigator (the LED should be on?)

any news on this?
MarkV

Post by MarkV »

If anyone gets the SpacePilot Pro working under Win7x64, please post. I'm still trying but have been unsuccessful. I have a 3Dconnexion puck (not sure which product) too that I will try to see if I can get that running.
Chameleonz

684 000+ topic views

Post by Chameleonz »

apparently i know a secret :)

it works like a charm on SP pro with WIN7 X64 (u gonna NEED WIN7)

http://turboirc.com/3dcs/ - install this first [we should all give him money]

after u installed the sensor driver some games sees the knob as a joystick - X3 terran conflict - N4Sspeed hot pursuit etc. etc. etc.

as u will see it is not in the game controllers window registerd as a joystick

NOW u install this - http://www.xpadder.com/ - u HAVE to give him money 10$

then it looks like this
http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/9563/3 ... andxpa.jpg

and now your knob is mouse/"joystick"/keyboard/ any damm thing u please :)

i was gonna rant here about the devs makeing jwick into a big fat liar when he said we will have our driver 4.0 alpha/beta/zeta in WEEKS ....but u know what take the next 2 yrs too make it

Chourdakis Michael i can not thank you enough for your great sensor thingy u wrote and RBC9 for starting it all
MarkV

Post by MarkV »

Thank you! Worked like a charm on win7 x64. Can't find a spacepilot pro image, but at least I can get somewhere.
Omniflux

SpaceExplorer support added

Post by Omniflux »

User balieu has added support for the SpaceExplorer.

As usual, you can download it from my website at http://www.omniflux.com/devel/#rbc9
EquiGym

Post by EquiGym »

This is a Great example of the community stepping up to fulfill a need.
Thank you to everyone that contributed to this project. From the people who asked for it, to the people who made it, to the people who tweaked it. Thank you.
EquiGym

Post by EquiGym »

Can we call it <DONE> yet? :D
balieu

Post by balieu »

For MarkV and anyone else interested.

The updated version of RBC9 has some basic support for the Space Pilot Pro also.
Basic since I don't own one, and therefore couldn't test it.
It simply gives the Space Pilot Pro the same support as the ordinary Space Pilot.
This should enable at least some of the buttons, but since I didn't know the number of buttons or their ids, I couldn't make a custom 'profile' for the Pro version.

The Space Explorer is fully supported however.

Balieu
tecdoc

Post by tecdoc »

I´ve got Win7 32bit and a SpacePilot Pro.
Many thank´s to Chameleonz :wink: ,the Sensor Driver works fine, but unfortunately my other applications need a registered JoyStick , so I´will try to install the RBC9 and need a little help :roll:

I´ve now read a lot about the driver for 64bit systems, but which driver will work at my 32bit system with the SPP? Any chance?

Thanks a lot for answer and sorry for my bad english.

tecdoc