<DONE> SpaceNavigator Driver - Mouse Joystick Keyboard

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

A Future Pilot

Post by A Future Pilot »

So I'm thinking about getting a SpaceNavigator to use as a joystick for Descent, Freespace, etc. What is the state of this driver? I've got windows XP 32-bit right now, but in about a year I'll have Windows 7 64-bit. Is it workable enough for my current OS, and will it be ready when I get my other one? Just wondering...thanks for all y'all have done!!
necko77

Post by necko77 »

no matter what i do i cant get it work in Win 7 64 ultimate
I install driver and it says i must restart system.
RBC9 is loaded but there is no keyboard or jostic isntalled
When i restart system i get CODE 10 and yelow ! in fron of RBC9 driver
I tryed everything what i read on this topic and i cant get it work
Everytime i start RBC9-SpaceNav it says there is no RBC9 driver
But in RBC9-SpaceNav window when i move connexion i see numbers changing, but i dont have instaled Joy or keyb which must be instaled with RBC9 driver. This sux...am i alone or you all use this drivers without problem. Should i format my OS ??

Thx ina advance

Necko
Phaedron

Great news on official generic drivers !

Post by Phaedron »

From another post
muddiman wrote:I am contemplating on having a Windows 7 x32/x64 bit driver/user configurable interface developed for the Spacenavigator. The package would mirror RBC9’s application.
jwick wrote:The features you are asking for are in the next 3DxWare release. This has been in closed beta for the last 6 weeks.
This really is great news, and I hope at least some of the users (like me) come back here to check this thread out and spread the word ![/url]
astrokid

Search Easy to Install Instruction /Space Navigator as Mouse

Post by astrokid »

Hello to all,

im am a newbe and i need an easy to install instruction and the latest driver, to install the space navigator as a mouse.
Sorry about my bad english, answers in german are welcome.

i have installed the omniflux driver and the 3dconnexion software, but my spacenavigator didn´t work.

my problem is, i need the spacenavigator for a projekt on a fair, to use it as a mouse. But my time is running out and i could not install the driver. next problem, i have to use to PC with different Systems. First System Windows XP, second System Windows 7.

need help
skellobissis

Post by skellobissis »

does this work for space explorer USB?
Omniflux

Working 64-bit version posted

Post by Omniflux »

Well, another user finally did what I haven't found time to do and finished updating the RBC9 driver for 64-bit versions of Windows.

You can download it from my website at http://www.omniflux.com/devel/#rbc9

If it works for you, please thank zebra78 for his great work, and if you can't get it to install, blame me for writing the bad INF file.

You should also thank RBC9, but where did he disappear to?

And remember, a vendor solution is coming!
Phaedron

Post by Phaedron »

Thanks RBC9, Omni and Zebra78 for a very well working Windows 7 x64 compatible driver.

Together with NGOHQ.com's Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider I could finally use my SpaceNavigator again for programs that don't have native support.

Tried it out yesterday in non-newtonian space sim Evochron Mercenary and Gajin's heli sim Apache Air Assault, and all worked flawlessly.

Flying a heli never was so intuitive, still trying if I can include camera control as well without having my head explode :)
Phaedron

Post by Phaedron »

Thanks RBC9, Omni and Zebra78 for a very well working Windows 7 x64 compatible driver.

Together with NGOHQ.com's Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider I could finally use my SpaceNavigator again for programs that don't have native support.

Tried it out yesterday in non-newtonian space sim Evochron Mercenary and Gajin's heli sim Apache Air Assault, and all worked flawlessly.

Flying a heli never was so intuitive, still trying if I can include camera control as well without having my head explode :)

Here's to 3DConnections upcoming solution that will make the process of installation a lot simpler for everyone !
Phaedron

Post by Phaedron »

Here's to 3DConnections upcoming solution that will make the process of installation a lot simpler for everyone !
Jonny Tenebrous

Thank you!

Post by Jonny Tenebrous »

Thank you very much for the updated x64 driver. Thank Jebus I didn't buy a 3d Mouse years ago... I would've been so P.O.'d to wait all that time to use it outside of official apps. I tried it out yesterday with my Space Navigator in Windows 7 x64 Enterprise and got it running after a bit of messing about. I used the Driver Signature Enforcer Overrider, but I must've done something wrong, because although my computer stated it was in Test Mode, I still had to Press F8 on startup to get the driver to load. After that... voila! I'll play with the DSEO more today.

Anyhow... I thought of a game that was SPECTACULAR to play with this thing: Trackmania Nations http://www.trackmania.com/. It's FREE, and a brilliant competitive (online or solo) arcade-style racer. I'm only using one axis on the SpaceNavigator, but the control is so fine (I set the analog sensitivity multiplier in-game to 2.0), that I literally only use micro muscle-twitches to steer, and I'm beating every track record I've ever set with my XBox360 controller. I can't wait to see which other games this thing pwns at when I'm not using it for 3d/CAD.
muddiman

Saved me from spending money for writing a new driver.

Post by muddiman »

Thanks RBC9, Omni and especially Zebra78 for a working Windows 7 x64 compatible driver.
I was still thinking about spending money and having a new driver written, I will now look into getting this driver a verified certificate so we don't have to use the Driver Signature Enforcement Override.

Awesome!

Don Muddiman

My gaming table with a modified SpaceNavigator used for movement and keyboard commands in FPS games.
[img]http://www.eagle-i.us\HONS\honsgt.jpg[/img]
Kukuev

Settings to NX

Post by Kukuev »

Hello

Can you help me to adapt SpaceNavigator for NX7 and SolidWorks, please?
I tried to set rotation how "Center button of Mouse"+Axis X(Y) of Mouse" but its uncomfortable because cursor take out of the screen. If you have ready profile give me please it.
Phaedron

Re: Thank you!

Post by Phaedron »

[quote="Jonny Tenebrous"I used the Driver Signature Enforcer Overrider, but I must've done something wrong, because although my computer stated it was in Test Mode, I still had to Press F8 on startup to get the driver to load. [/quote]

I had the same problem. Basically, I have done the following on Windows 7 x64:

-Download Driver Signature Enforcer Overrider and unzip to a directory
-Download RBC9 driver for x64 and unzip to a directory

-Start the DSEO in Admin mode
-Choose "Enable Test Mode"
-Choose "Next"
-Choose "Exit"
-Choose "Next"
-Restart your computer

You should now see Test Mode Enabled at the bottom right of your desktop, indicating that drivers with a test signature can be used.

-Open Control Panel > Device Manager > Human Interface Devices >
-Browse through USB Input Devices > Properties
-In tab Details > Hardware > Find USB Input Device with ID USB\VID_046D&PID_C626
-Right click that USB Input Device, choose "Update Driver Software"
-Choose "Browse my computer for Driver Software"
-Choose "Let me pick from a list of Device Drivers on my computer"
-Choose "Have Disk"
-Browse to the RBC9 Driver directory
-Choose the "RBC9 MouJoyKey v2" driver for your device model (in my case "RBC9 SpaceNavigator64 MouJoyKey v2") from the list and apply.

Your driver should now be installed, but still needs to be signed with a test certificate.

-Start the DSEO in Admin mode
-Choose "Sign a System File"
-Give in the path and driver name in your systems driver directory (C:\Windows\system32\drivers\RBC9-SN.sys by default)
-Choose "Next"
-Choose "Exit"
-Restart your computer

Test mode should be enabled now, and if you look in your Driver Manager, you should now see an USB Device named "RBC9 SpaceNavigator64 MouJoyKey v2" without a yellow warning triangle.

-Start the "RBC9-SpaceNav.exe" from the RBC9 driver directory

You should now see numbers at the axis when you move the SpaceNavigator, and be able to bind the axis to joystick, mouse or keypresses.

I basically bound the top row axis to X,Y,Z respectively, and the bottom row axis to rX, rY, rZ.
MarkV

Post by MarkV »

My device (SpacePilot Pro) did not appear to be in the .inf. Somewhere in the thread I found a reference to a device ID containing 626 where as my SpacePilot Pro shows 629 (USB\VID_046D&PID_C629&REV_0411&MI_01)

I'm under Win7 x64 using the Zebra mod.

I attempted to use the dgeo to sign the driver and put the OS into test mode, but the Device manager reports the device could not start.

I am a few months behind on this thread, so I'll go back and take a look-see.
jr.beronha

Post by jr.beronha »

Hi guys, i have a space navigator for notebooks, i'm installing a rcb9 drivers for win7 64 perferct i used a NGOHQ.com's Driver Signature Enforcement.

But, my space navigator not worked. I saw something in other posts about changing the line in .inf file, but did not quite understand.

Could someone help me?