<DONE> SpaceNavigator Driver - Mouse Joystick Keyboard

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Hendrik Hemmler

Post by Hendrik Hemmler »

It was the upload of 2-18.
Could check this on another system in a few days.
Mazcal

Hey there. HID for SpaceTraveler

Post by Mazcal »

USB\Vid_046d&Pid_c623&Rev_0311
USB\Vid_046d&Pid_c623

Is this what you need?
Anything else?

I tried it and only got x/y axes working, as well as the POV Hat. moving anything on the device activates button 2 for some reason. the software says "Spacenavigator not found" (no surprise there), and binds don't work.

Thanks!
Now with even MORE degrees of freedom.
Mazcal

Okay small update/correction

Post by Mazcal »

Binds work.
I didn't realize i need to disconnect/reconnect the thingy.
however, i'm still getting a "spacetraveller not found" message. whatever. it works. :)
Now with even MORE degrees of freedom.
RBC9

Re: Hey there. HID for SpaceTraveler

Post by RBC9 »

Mazcal wrote:USB\Vid_046d&Pid_c623&Rev_0311
USB\Vid_046d&Pid_c623

Is this what you need?
Anything else?

I tried it and only got x/y axes working, as well as the POV Hat. moving anything on the device activates button 2 for some reason. the software says "Spacenavigator not found" (no surprise there), and binds don't work.

Thanks!
have u select the correct device in the "Edit Layout Screen" ?

i can t check now for the PID now , i m on my new computer with only OS and browser instaleld.

Hendrik Hemmler : i ll check as soon as possible ,i have to restore my developp environment tomorrow.
inchman254

Post by inchman254 »

RBC9

I just want to say THANK YOU for creating this driver. I have created binds for FireFox, Picasa, even Freecell... more to come... and have had no problems. The driver autoswitches cleanly and quickly.

The software has been well thought out. I'm sure there are some bugs (or the holy grail has been found) but they are few and far between.

I had hoped that the SpaceNavigator would help my disabled mother (Parkinsons) to better use her computer because she has recently started to have real trouble using a mouse or trackball. The SpaceNavigator along with this software was the only hope of doing so.

Unfortunately, after spending some time in training, she migrated back to the trackball due to familiarity and she kept inadvertently activating the SN, which was just making things worse, so I had to remove it from her desk.

So... I just "inherited" a new HID for myself :P and really enjoy using it for more than just simple picture viewing and Google Earth.
majeancad

Post by majeancad »

RBC9.

C'est genial. Awsome, admirable work. The days of my carpal syndrom problem are soon to be over.

Je vais vous embrasser et vous inviter au diner si vous etes ici en ce moment (I am going to give you a big hug and take you to diner if you are here) :D.

Forgive my French if it is a bit rusty. It has been 13 years since my last visit to France.

I follow your instructions at page 1 in this post and get stuck at the "update driver software" screen. Effectively, I don't see any RBC9 device. The only device show up is the "USB Human Interface Device". May be your driver only works with a SN and ST later than 2004.

Anyway, my ST USB device ID is as follow:

USB\VID_046&PID_C623\5&2D7CD7CF&0&1.

I am wondering if it is possible to make ST working as a mouse.

Thanks for your help and keep up the great work.

Mazcal:

How do you manage to make yours ST work? Your comment and input are greatly greatly appreciated.
RBC9

Post by RBC9 »

hi majeancad,

sorry , i m away for a few day, familial problem.

But i ll have a look in ASAP. seems i ve take a wrong PID (624) for the ST.

(ur french is not so bad , btw really better than my english:) )
RBC9

Re: Okay small update/correction

Post by RBC9 »

Mazcal wrote:Binds work.
I didn't realize i need to disconnect/reconnect the thingy.
however, i'm still getting a "spacetraveller not found" message. whatever. it works. :)
u should not have to , but , since i ve made a mistake in userapp , the exe dont send to the driver the instruction to "reload" new layout.
but , on the other hand , if u unplug/plug, the driver doesn t care on wich device he is , the driver read the layout , and start his job.

I ll correct it ... ASAP
ChangeLog 02-27 :

- Wrong PID for SpaceTraveler
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Hi, I am attempting to install your driver on Win XP home but keep getting a device error (Code 10).

The only way I can get the driver to be installed is by chaging the PID from USB\VID_046D&PID_C626 as in your original inf file to HID\VID_046D&PID_C626 and the manually choosing the file (through Install from location / I choose / Have Disk)

After this, Windows sets a restore point, installs the driver then I just get a single device added (MoJoKey thing) with an error next to it, and obviously the software can't see the ST.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?!?!? Your driver looks to be just what I'm after so I'd love to get it working!

Andy.
RBC9

Post by RBC9 »

Andrew wrote:Hi, I am attempting to install your driver on Win XP home but keep getting a device error (Code 10).

The only way I can get the driver to be installed is by chaging the PID from USB\VID_046D&PID_C626 as in your original inf file to HID\VID_046D&PID_C626 and the manually choosing the file (through Install from location / I choose / Have Disk)

After this, Windows sets a restore point, installs the driver then I just get a single device added (MoJoKey thing) with an error next to it, and obviously the software can't see the ST.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?!?!? Your driver looks to be just what I'm after so I'd love to get it working!

Andy.
i think u do the same mistake
RBC9 wrote:MD..Sign :

i think u don t choose the correct device in device manager ...

u should have 2 "device" ...

--> one with something like "Compliant interface (HID)"
--> and the second "User interface USB"

u should update driver on the second device

sorry , i m in french version ... so i don t know the exact word.

here a screen in french :

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

THANKYOU!!!!!!!!

You are an absolute LEGEND!!!!!!!!

Works a treat, I am happily configuring it to work with most apps now.

Thanks again,

Andy
AxelRod

when used as a joystick..

Post by AxelRod »

The driver works great!! I have been waiting for someone to make driver like this for years.

I have only one problem. I have the directions setup as joystick axis. I have noticed that the device (SpaceTraveler) does not move through the whole X,Y axis range (due to mechanical limits) When i try to set the MAX on the Axe (Axis) to anything lower than 360, the sw reports ZERO instead of the last known value. (example: MAX=250, once the number is > 250 it sets to ZERO) It should work like this: (if X>250, then 250, else, X. )

Here is an image of my observations of the mechanical limits of the SpaceTravler (looking down). The other directions may have different limits.
http://picasaweb.google.com/AxelRod911/ ... 3651935250
RBC9

Post by RBC9 »

AxelRod :

correct me if i m wrong (But ..; my english ... :)

i think u put a "Max" Value , and when ur device go up to this value , it return "0" ... it s what i want ...

the object of this Min/Max value are not to reduce the range , but to get a "On/off" signal for KeyBoard ,

ie : Min 0 Max 100 --> key "A"
Min 101 Max 200 --> Key B and NO "A"

for the problem u talk about , i ve try some idea , but none was like i would ... so i ve not implement yet a "reduction Range" Option.

Btw i should add an option to have "Return 0 or Max " or , a "End Dead Zone", till i found a better way.

(PS: the real Max Value for Space , is about 415 , but differ from axis to axis ( 370 - 430), and can not be reach in multi-direction, so i add a matrix to reduce an standard it to 360)

in fact , like u show on ur draw, the "max" is about 250 , but i didn t want to reduce the value to keep "precision".

if u have a idea , like math calculation to get something correct in every position ...
Last edited by RBC9 on Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
AxelRod

Post by AxelRod »

a return to MAX option would be nice 8)

I should have used the circle to show the numerical limits, instead of the red square. The movement of the "puck" is definitly spherical.

thanks for all the hard work...

BTW do you accept donations? Paypal? :)
Last edited by AxelRod on Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
RBC9

Post by RBC9 »

AxelRod wrote:a return to MAX option would be nice 8)

thanks for all the hard work...
u r welcome
AxelRod wrote: BTW do you accept donations? Paypal? :)
a "thx" is all i need.