<DONE> SpaceNavigator Driver - Mouse Joystick Keyboard

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

kgrosser

Post by kgrosser »

Hey, is there no edit function in this forum?

one thing I forgot: before you start all over it would be a good idea to delete the unsigned .sys files from Windows\system32\drivers and Windows\SysWOW64\drivers...
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

I installed the original version of the rcb9 driver - original.rar that I downloaded from http://www.omniflux.com/devel/

Ever since windows has been giving a blue screen when booting with the space explorer plugged in, then today it refused to boot at all until just now. Is this the wrong version? I have the version from the rapidshare site but havent tried it. For now I will leave it uninstalled but I do need to get it back soon. I was using the space pilot settings because there was no space explorer picture.
darkpavian

Post by darkpavian »

Kinda offtopic @paholsky.

I was hunting for those possibilities given by the RBC9 drivers since i got my SN last weekend as a bday present from my brothers ;)
I spent a lotta time now reeding this thread an trying to get those drivers running on my Win7 x64 system, but no chance. Maybe its a little problem, but i aint got no idea how to solve it.
Always when i try to install the x64 drivers downloaded from http://www.omniflux.com/devel/ it says:
"Treiber ist für diese Plattform nicht vorgesehen."
In english it is something like:
"Driver not mentioned for this plattform."
I signed the .sys file with deos, tried signing them while in test-mode, but couldnt get it running.
Has anyone any idea?
jun austria

Post by jun austria »

I just got my SpaceNavigator for notebook. Now also looking for the latest driver for Win 7 x64 to work on all application ( preferablly Revit).
Eric_Wijland

Post by Eric_Wijland »

I also bought a spacenavigator for notebook. I knew that it didn't work with Revit, so I installed the RBC9 SpaceDriver. But it is very diffcult to make a layout (for panning and rotating you have to use your mouse, so when you bind your X / Y axis of your mouse to the 3d mouse, everytime the cursor runs over the screen when rotating.)

Is there a standard Layout that I can import in RBC9?
Pezito

Post by Pezito »

Hi there,

I've been trying to use this custom driver as you all have, faced the same problems as some of you have, and somehow managed to solve them (at least most of them)... So I thought I should share the info if it can be of help. :)

My system runs on Windows 7 Ultimate x64 an although the latest drivers from 3Dconnexion seem to work fine, customizing my SpaceNavigator for new applications is just as impossible as before. Thus I was more than happy to find this thread and the useful driver created by RBC9 and updated by Omni Flux ! But it's been reeeaaally difficult to make it work, so here are the few important things I figured out (I'm using quotes for more clarity) :
• If you've already been messing with RBC9's driver, make sure you do a search for "RBC9" in C:\Windows and delete anything related to the driver. This way you know you'll be starting fresh.
• Don't forget to download the Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider : http://www.ngohq.com/home.php?page=File ... _cat_id=34 ! No need to install it, just execute it once and activate test mode, and of course make it sign the RBC9 .sys file ! (The .inf file doesn't need to be signed - can't be, actually.)
If you can't get to this part :

because Windows tells you something like this :

(sorry for lousy use of pics from different persons/systems :P )

=> You need to modify the .inf file first !!! Just edit it with the Notepad and look up these 4 lines :

Code: Select all

%RBC9_BAL.DeviceDesc%	=Install, HID\VID_046D&PID_C621		; SpaceBall
%RBC9_NAV.DeviceDesc%	=Install, USB\VID_046D&PID_C626		; SpaceNav
%RBC9_PIL.DeviceDesc%	=Install, USB\VID_046D&PID_C625		; SpacePilot
%RBC9_TRA.DeviceDesc%	=Install, USB\VID_046D&PID_C623		; SpaceTraveler
You have to replace the "USB" part with "HID", like this :

Code: Select all

%RBC9_BAL.DeviceDesc%	=Install, HID\VID_046D&PID_C621		; SpaceBall
%RBC9_NAV.DeviceDesc%	=Install, HID\VID_046D&PID_C626		; SpaceNav
%RBC9_PIL.DeviceDesc%	=Install, HID\VID_046D&PID_C625		; SpacePilot
%RBC9_TRA.DeviceDesc%	=Install, HID\VID_046D&PID_C623		; SpaceTraveler
Now you should be able to get the red dialog box where Windows warns you about unsigned drivers. For some reason unknown, at first I was able to install the "USB everywhere" .inf file... But then it stopped working, until I changed it for "HID everywhere".
If your 3Dx device returns an error code 10 : you have installed the RBC9 driver on the WRONG DEVICE ! It took me some time to figure out that one... :) Now open the Device Manager and check the Human Interface Devices list : the device you need to "update" the driver to RBC9's version is labeled "USB device", NOT "HID-compliant device" ! Here I assume you've already read RBC9's instructions in the beginning of this thread, and know about the "&PID_C626" info to look up for a SpaceNav (or another "&PID_C???" if you have another 3Dx device).
And that's about it... After a couple of days pulling my hair off trying to make it work, I am now almost satisfied. "Almost" because I finally got my SpaceNavigator working with RBC9's custom driver, I can still use 3Dconnexion's tray utility and plugins for 3rd party software, I can also use RBC9's tray utility to bind stuff and create profiles... But[/i] I still can't switch layouts easily, be it with the auto-switch feature or manually. :( Only the layout I define as default will work ; so if I want to use a different profile I need to open the tray utility, define the new profile as default, save and apply, unplug and replug my SpaceNavigator. Quite frankly, that sucks. :P

Anyway, I hope this post will help those still trying to make the custom driver work. And if Omni Flux happens to read this thread again : maybe you should update the x64 .inf as above ? I'd be really glad to get the auto-switch feature working, too !
Jimstein

Post by Jimstein »

I was able to switch profile by pulling the usb cord and reconnecting it again. But there is not profile switch without this manual step, no.
Pezito

Post by Pezito »

How do you proceed ? :)

Do you first select another profile, then unplug/replug the USB cord ?
Do you first unplug/replug the USB cord, then select another profile ?
Or does the unplug/replug thing make auto-switch work just for that time ?
Jimstein

Post by Jimstein »

Sorry Pezito, I do it just like you do it. by changing the standard profile to another , then unplug/replug the USB cord.
Jimstein

Sims3 profile bind

Post by Jimstein »

Here you go. I made a Sim3 profile for the SpaceNavigator that I have had great fun with. You can get it at http://oeo.la/DJ0C4C and try. I am going to make one for Warcraft3 as well. This SpaceNavigator is so perfect for this type of 3rd person games. Multiwinia comes with native support and it is so nice to play using this device. But with RBC9 we can make our own profiles, so no need for native support is realy required =D
Jimstein

Warcraft3 profile bind

Post by Jimstein »

Warcraft3 profile bind: http://oeo.la/DJAJnC

I have never used the 3d turnaround function much in warcraft but when you bind it to the knubs turn it is a thrill ride and if you would play games like warhammer: dawn of war there the gameplay is cinematic you will have a great experience being able to turn and move the camera at the same time. I realy see that the 3d mouse have potential.

BUT - When you play RTS you often need to use the keyboard for the shortcuts, but with the hand on the knob and the other on the mouse... you are out of luck. So the spacenavigator is not the best friend if you relay heavely on shortcuts :(
urfin

Post by urfin »

Hi!

Where can I download the driver? The link in the first post is broken.

Thanks
Jimstein

Post by Jimstein »

you can find OmniFlux website in this thread, you can download them from there as well. I dont have the time to find it for you right now.

it is well worth the search, and you should post the working link here in the end when you find it.
urfin

Post by urfin »

Sam

How I got the rcb driver working in Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit

Post by Sam »

After I'd installed the driver according to Pezito's tips, windows crashed right before the sign-in screen everytime.

Here's how I finally got it working:

- I rebooted in secure mode (as suggested by windows) with the space navigator still connected and the computer tried to repair the system, but failed to do so (what a surprise :) ) and finally shut itself down

- I disconnected the Space Navigator and started the computer again. This time I got into Windows without any trouble.

- I started the "Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider" (from Pezito's post), chose "Enable Test mode", pressed "Next" and left the program running.

- Reconnected my Space Navigator, et voilà: it worked! It flashed up a couple of times before the light became steady.

I tried it out in Flight Simulator X but it wouldn't find any of my settings defined in my layout. So I quit the RBC9-SpaceNav.exe program and tried to calibrate my SpaceNavigator-Joystick from within FSX.

Unfortunately I only got the X and the Z-Axis working. The other ones remained silent.

When raw data is displayed it shows values from 120 to 620 for the X-Axis and values from 0 to 720 for the Z-Axis.
The rest stays at 360.

Hope this is helpful for others and for further development. Great work anyways! :wink:

Cheers
Sam