<DONE> SpaceNavigator Driver - Mouse Joystick Keyboard

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

colinwheeler

Update? Windows 7 64bit

Post by colinwheeler »

Hi all,

Is there any progress on this for Windows 7 64 bit or anyone who can point me at a page to get it working as this would be a great help.

Thanks
Colin Wheeler
Betzge

Post by Betzge »

Hi colinwheeler,

there is a 64bit test built of the RBC9 driver for x64 from Omniflux: viewtopic.php?t=336&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=510
But without a driver signature. That the reason why the driver dosen´t work on Vista / Win 7

I use on my Win 7 test system the Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider 1.3b http://www.ngohq.com/home.php?page=dseo and it works fine :=)

Best regards
colinwheeler

Post by colinwheeler »

Betzge,

Many thanks Sir, you are a scholar and a gentleman!

Regards
Colin
Georro

Re: Error Code (10)

Post by Georro »

Zipper23 wrote:I'm using a SpacePilot and there is still the problem with the error code 10.

Did anyone fixed it or got a solution for the problem so far?

Greetz from ETNW
This seems to be the problem I'm having as well (XP-64 with SpacePilot) --> Error Code 10... :(

I echo the sentiments expressed by many in this thread when i say that 3DConnexion / Logitech have really dropped the ball by not supporting 3dxoffice anymore.
Our company employs many engineers all using the SpacePilot 10+ hours a day and not to have functionality in windows explorer, MS Office, etc. is a real problem.:evil:

I salute RBC9, Omniflux, and the others for stepping in to try and do what the manufacturer has regrettably chosen not to do.
Hopefully someone more clever than myself can fix the problem with the SpacePilot x64 soon.
phoenix260

Successful install of RBC9 driver on Vista x64 sp2

Post by phoenix260 »

Hello,

I have gone through the whole thread a few times and have managed to get a fully functional SN in Vista x64 sp2.

Here are the problems I encountered and the solutions that I found:

1: installation of the UN-SIGNED driver on my x64 ... stupid Microsoft who are you to tell me what not to install ... so the best (only one that works every-time) is to install "Readydriver Plus" http://www.tipandtrick.net/2008/permane ... iver-plus/

This automate pressing the F8 key at boot. (it actually adds an entry to the boot-loader that automates this ... so if you want to boot regularly you can also). I had trouble finding the Boot folder when installing since I have XP, Vista dual boot so I installed the default location then copied the files to ALL the locations I thought were valid (C:, C:\boot, C:\windows\Boot, I:, I:\Boot, I:\Windows\Boot, etc.)

Now that you can use unsigned drivers ... install the RB9 - Spacedriver http://www.omniflux.com/devel/ ... run the exe with admin privileges (right click) ... setup a joystick profile using binds (play with the program you'll understand it) ... these cannot be changed on the fly so just set it up so that you have a 6DOF joystick and restart with the "RBC9-SpaceNav.exe" as a startup item.

the SN will flash a few times at start-up (this is when the config gets written to it). Now if you go to "start>Control Panel>Game Controlers>Properties" you should be able to move all the DOF's and see the effects.

Now you have a joystick ... how to remap it to anything "on the fly"? Use AutoHotkey (http://www.autohotkey.com/) ... Im not going to explain to you how this works since the program has a really great help file ... just search joystick and you will get every-thing you need.

that's it! ... I can now play flight simulator games, add scrolling to firefox from SN, add the "vista window switcher pretty thing" from SN, still use pro-engineering like I used to, Still use ANSYS ... and more ... I think of new things I use Autohotkey's simple grade 12 programing.

if you have any problems message me (b o b b y l u m i a (at) g m a i l . c o m) sorry about the spaces but this thread can be seen by the whole inter-web ... ah! .. where's my tin hat.

B
jovibo

Post by jovibo »

Thank you very much phoenix260 for your indications. I have succesfully loaded RBC9 in Windows Vista 64 and now I can use SN PE as a joystick. However, I woud like to remap it and change the buttons but it is difficult for me to use Autohotkey . Could it be possible for you to give some simple indications how to do it?.
Thanks a lot,
José.
phoenix260

Post by phoenix260 »

autohotkey is the best program to use for remapping keys and joystick movements.

download it. run the autoscriptwriter.exe then run the help file (autohotkey.chm) search for joystick ... there should be a simple script you can copy paste into the script writer program ... I added the Z-axis to do a page up page down movement ... you can modify any part you want and see what happens ....

once you think your code is good save it to the desktop then drag the icon on top of autohotkey.exe this will run your script .. test it to see if you are happy with it ... if not go back modify re-save re-run ... etc ... its pretty straight forward. This is already more than I should be explaining since this is already in the help file, and the internet. Anyways

hope this helps.
Fursphere

Post by Fursphere »

Is this project still available? The download link in the first post seems to be a dead link? :(
Anumunrama

Post by Anumunrama »

i hope not ... the problem with the vista x64 systems ren´t fixed ... please help use to fix all the problems with the driver and that little programm (cosmonaut ....)

please we need you !!!
Omniflux

Download links

Post by Omniflux »

I have posted RBC9's original files on my website. You can download them at http://www.omniflux.com/devel/

--
Omni Flux
Fursphere

Post by Fursphere »

Thank you! :)

I'm interested in picking up one of these devices, and this software package seemed mandatory for using the thing in the gaming world.

That is, unless I want to dust off my coding hat and write my own.
Anumunrama

Please HELP US !

Post by Anumunrama »

hey ^^

after a long search in this threat i found a little note with helped me a bit ... but then after the installation of the driver windows says
"coud not load the driver (of this hardware) the driver is possible corupted or gone (Code 39)"
the original
Der Gerätetreiber für diese Hardware kann nicht geladen werden. Der Treiber ist möglicherweise beschädigt oder nicht vorhanden (Code 39)
beside the "RBC9 SpaceNavigator MouJoyKey v2" windows shows me a litte exclamation point in a yellow triangle

OmiFluy ore somene else ... coud you rewrite the whole installatin steps on windows (vista) x64 ??? please i dont now were my mistakes .. and i need your help ...

iknow how to install the driver (or i hope so XP ) but what should i do with the .inf file ... please help !!!

with this little code i forced vista to load unsigned drivers

Code: Select all

bcdedit /set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
write this into the CMD line (with admin rights)
after that your pc need a reboot

and again ... excuse my bad english ...
Paulio

Post by Paulio »

Hey there,
Just want to thank RB9C for making that kickass driver setup! I've had my SpaceNavigator all of 14 hours, and it's just great with it. I'm having some trouble with getting stuff to work, but with this GUI he's made, I can control games/mouse really awesomely, so ty :D

Can anyone suggest some good set ups for the controller? So far I've made it a mouse, a WASD controller for games and a semi-successful joystick. What other things have people created successfully? Music controller, app switcher (alt+tab/winflip), etc.?
Thanks,

Paulio
stormer2009

Probably the best game controller!

Post by stormer2009 »

Hi guys,

I like to give my 2 cents feedback. I hope 3D Connexion endorse and support the further development of RBC9 driver efforts! Espcially with the upcoming windows7.

I chanced upon this while doing some research for keyboard replacements for fps games. *****, G13 etc.

I managed to bought a 2nd hand SN PE to test out RBC9, and installing the RBC9 is pretty straight forward on WinXP Pro.

I tried it on Bf2 yesterday to optimise the bind actions, Now I can do a lot of fluid fragging without further wrist and finger aching.

Come on 3D connexion! The fps gamers are waiting for u. The market there is huge! Not forgetting that when you are not playing games, the controller actually is more useful than any of the other devices out there in general applications!

Should anyone need th BF2 bind file from me, just shout. :)

A very happy SN PE user! And I am not even a guy dealing wiht 3d works.

Best Regards
Stormer2009
Paulio

Post by Paulio »

@Stormer 2009, you are absolutely correct! This device is great for games of all types, replacing WASD/arrors or mouse movement, it's a really great companion, I would be interested in taking a look at the BF2 Binding file, so if you could send it to paul18992@hotmail.com, that'd be sweet.
cheers,
Paul