<DONE> SpaceNavigator Driver - Mouse Joystick Keyboard

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

p1p3

Post by p1p3 »

My SN arrived today and is working great using RBC9s driver.
I have also been looking over the code and tried to improve the build system. I currently have a visual studio solution that builds both x64 and x84 drivers and now I'm working on the signing issue. I should not be a problem to self sign the drivers but loading them still requires windows to be in Test Mode. This could probably be turned on during the installation but sufficient warning must be given to the user about what is going to happen. From my understanding there should be almost no problems for users to run in Test Mode and no unsigned drivers will be able to load, only self signed. The only problem is that its possible that the protected content path could be disabled. This could disable BluRay and HD-DVD playback. More research will have to be done. Maybe someone with a BluRay player in their computer could try it out?
I also looked into acquiring a code signing cert but it look like they only sell them to companies. Gonna have a talk with some friends that have companies and see if the can help out.

I have also created a svn repository on my server and will open up public read access when i get the build system sorted out. Will post a link here when its ready.
I haven't had time to test the drivers i built yet but hope to get to it during the weekend.

Thanks to Omniflux for the details of getting x64 to build.
Now I'm gonna continue to play with my new toy.
javiveras

Post by javiveras »

Uff!! I've finally read the wholw thread but... there's something I have not very clear yet:

Did anyone make SpaceExplorer work in WinXP 32bit? With what driver mod?

I already have the SpaceNavigator gorking but want to upgrade to the Explorer. I wanna be sure that it'll work...

Thanks for your help!!!
Betzge

Post by Betzge »

Omniflux wrote: 64bit driver users, there are at least ten more of you who have downloaded this driver, if you also happened to install it, we would like to hear your results and which device you are using it with.
Hi Omniflux,

at the weekend I have tested your 64bit driver on XP 64 with my space navigator.

1.I have installed the driver, as on page 1 described. After the installation three new devices were put on and the blue light flashed briefly then it glow. Perfect the driver works :=)
2.Then I installed NetFramework 2.0 for x64 and reboot.
3.Now I have run the RBC9 application and load my layout from x32 > apply and edit layout again, amazing my layout was loaded and Work
At my layout I only have keyboard bind like w, s, a, d, and so on.

The driver works on XP 64 with keybord bind´s

Now the Problems:

The RBC9 Joystick @Game Controllers dosnt work.
When I click twice on the tray icon from the RBC9 application it tell my “ ! waiting for…” or “ ! no driver found ! ” but the SN works anyway
When I run the RBC9 application by click on edit layout the blue light of the SN do not flashed, I think it is a problem in the communicating between driver and software.

Thanks Omniflux for your excellent work.

At next I will test the driver @Windows7

Best reagards

Betzge
B1gTaz

Re-posting from another topic

Post by B1gTaz »

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I would just like to throw my hat in to the conversation. I have paid nearly $600 now in order to use a SpacePilot at home and at my office without moving one back and forth. I would love to have it explained to me why an amateur with only a cursory knowledge of 3DConnexion/Logitec drivers is able to produce a working model of a game control driver for the $100 Space Navigator, and yet the manufacturer appears unable/unwilling to do the same for the SN or for the $300 SpacePilot. This doesn't make any sense when thousands of people pay many hundereds of dollars for joysticks/gamepads accross the world. If you are not going to make the effort, say so and please explain why. If you cannot for some reason, pay these guys that are working so hard to improve your product for you so that they can do it properly.

Thank you.

Greg Mitchell
Mechanical Engineer
If it ain't broke, I haven't gotten to it yet.
B1gTaz

RBC9-64bit-driver in the Vista 64 Ultimate Environment

Post by B1gTaz »

Guys,

I have tried for several days now to make use of your efforts using the SpacePilot. in Vista 64 ultimate. I understand that most of the effort so far has been spent working on the Space Navigator. The cost of the device makes it an ideal choice for this, however I have already purchased 2 Pilots, so I would like to try making this device work first before I spend another $100 on a navigator.

1. That said, I have installed the 64bit RBC9 and have the proper icon living on my task bar. Inside, I can see/create/modify profiles. I can not get any name for my profiles other than -new profile- , even though there appears to be the facility for doing this; however this is merely an inconvenence. I am able to map keyboard keys and Joystick Axis to the SpacePilot, however these mappings do not appear to be recognized in-game. (I am trying to use the SP in Battlefield 2 and/or Fallout3)

2. I am not seeing a game controller in the Device Manager.

3. I see the numeric values changes for the various axis inside the config panel for the RBC9 driver.

I know this is limited information to go on, but I would love some suggestions on how to get the game controller driver to appear in Device manager so that I can calibrate the axis controllers and test my configs. I would like to volunteer as a guniea pig for both the SpacePilot, and the Vista 64 environment if I can be of any help to the developers.

Finally, i would like to say a pesonal thank you to RBC8, omniflux, CatPunk, and all of the others that are spending their personal time developing a software solution that all of us have already paid 3dconnexion for IMHO.

Regards,
Greg Mitchell
Mechanical Engineer
If it ain't broke, I haven't gotten to it yet.
Omniflux

Post by Omniflux »

Betzge wrote:The RBC9 Joystick @Game Controllers dosnt work.
Yeah, not sure what the issue with this is. It was working fine for me one day, and today when I tried it it is screwed up again.
Betzge wrote:When I click twice on the tray icon from the RBC9 application it tell my “ ! waiting for…” or “ ! no driver found ! ” but the SN works anyway
Known issue. May be cosmetic only? Not sure yet.
Betzge wrote:When I run the RBC9 application by click on edit layout the blue light of the SN do not flashed, I think it is a problem in the communicating between driver and software.
I agree.

I am about a third of the way through my book on windows drivers. Once I finish I will go over RBC9's code to check for 64 bit issues (so far all the issues I have found are in the user space tool) or I will write a new driver.

Once that is done, I will look at the user space tool again for more 64 bit issues, or I will write a new tool for the new driver. I estimate I am one month out on getting to this point, but I can make no promises...
B1gTaz wrote:I would love to have it explained to me why an amateur with only a cursory knowledge of 3DConnexion/Logitec drivers is able to produce a working model of a game control driver for the $100 Space Navigator, and yet the manufacturer appears unable/unwilling to do the same for the SN or for the $300 SpacePilot. This doesn't make any sense when thousands of people pay many hundereds of dollars for joysticks/gamepads accross the world. If you are not going to make the effort, say so and please explain why.
I am not sure anyone from 3DConnexion is reading this thread. They have posted occasionally, but the posts have been unrelated to RBC9's driver.
B1gTaz wrote:I have tried for several days now to make use of your efforts using the SpacePilot. in Vista 64 ultimate.
Everything I have read in this thread so far suggests that this driver does not currently work with the SpacePilot. I hope to fix that, but I do not expect it will happen for at least a month, and quite possibly longer.
javiveras wrote:Did anyone make SpaceExplorer work in WinXP 32bit? With what driver mod?
This should work with the driver mod from yos
terranaut

Post by terranaut »

i think its safe to say it is some sort of political issue and not a technical issue, as with 1/3 of a million reads of this thread, not to count the 1000s more in various forums of the same issue. perhaps its because of the parent company logitech, but the way the issue is skirted and such, it will take more then a million reads to get such a driver....and having spent over $1k on these devices, i share the pains....im sure some day someone will be able to get users to gang together and find the pointperson to all raise this to.
gusanoloco

Post by gusanoloco »

To be desperate.
My Englishman excuses.
A Spanish with problems.
Solution to this window?

[img][img]http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/2696/dibujodr6.th.png[/img][IMG]
gusanoloco

hel help help

Post by gusanoloco »

reconfigurate ,reinstalate .....snif snif snif desesperate man

info configuration me pc

[img][img]http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/1007/ethedbndgv1.th.jpg[/img][/img]
silviu

10x

Post by silviu »

FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART, I THANK YOUR FOR YOUR DRIVER!
TronX

request 32bit stable

Post by TronX »

Hi Guys!

At first I would really like to thank everybody here for all the huge efforts to compensate the unwillingness/inability of 3dconnexion to develope or support the developement or even to put out an public statement to this topic. IMHO this behaviour is not what I would call "friendly customer relations". And I don't believe that nobody of the admins is reading this. But at least I should give a "thank you" to the admins for leaving this thread open. So: "Thank you" to everyone!

I am happy, that the 64bit solution maturates, because I have a XPx64 running at work and plan to introduce these neat devices for engineering. And why not use it in general when it is possible?

Anyway I have some problem in 32bit at home. After I found out about the RBC9-solution - but only read this thread very cursory - I bought a SpaceNavigator and am quite happy to have it right here. But: I am very sad that the RBC9-driver seems not to work stable on my system. Maybe I've got the same problem as Rodger:
Rodger wrote: [...]I get a bluescreen before the start of windows.
Sometimes there is no bluescreen.
The bluescreen call: IRQL_NOTLESS_OR_EQUAL
I'm afraid I can't tell what my bluescreen said, because it did only appear for a few ms before rebooting. But the bluescreen was alerting me enough so I uninstalled the driver.

Now my question: Is the RBC9-driver under http://rbc.duckinegg.com/ the latest release? It seems to be dated 2007? Is there any solution/update to the bug described?

Does anyone have the RBC9-driver running with XP SP3 without errors? (Just to exclude that as the reason for this bug...)

And, last but not least:

Are there still attempts to move this project to some more structurized platform as this thread? I read something about sourceforge... Are there some legal restrictions to not doing so? I just ask because for me as a newbie it was quite hard to extract the necessary information out of this not so short thread (like some other people here). And I'm quite not shure if I got all of it yet... (so don't hit me, if I tell some b...s..t here.) I would like to offer my help with this - I'm only afraid that I can only offer management-skills as my software-knowledge ends somewhere behind a text-editor...

Thanks again to all of you making this possible and carrying on so far.

Hendrik
aegean

Post by aegean »

YAY works for me!!!! Vista - home premium - SP1

Any chance of this somehow becoming a 3dconnexion feature?????

Using this now for Hexagon

THANKS!!!!!
Crow

Re: request 32bit stable

Post by Crow »

TronX wrote:Does anyone have the RBC9-driver running with XP SP3 without errors? (Just to exclude that as the reason for this bug...)
Yes, I'm running this on XP SP3 and it's working flawlessly.
So probably it's either a faulty installation or a problem

The newest part on the 32bit front was an update on the configuration tool here:
viewtopic.php?p=12535#12535

But that doesn't change much in comparison to the original release.
javiveras

Post by javiveras »

Omniflux wrote:
javiveras wrote:Did anyone make SpaceExplorer work in WinXP 32bit? With what driver mod?
This should work with the driver mod from yos
Thanks for the information!! :D Now I have to gather the money to get it :-)
DaVince

Driver spacenavigator 64bit

Post by DaVince »

Hi guys,

After reading the whole thread i found out that there still isn't a driver for the 64bit platform, so i looked further on google for a driver. Finally i found one from CCRDUDE who used RBC9's driver and made some adjustments to use it on de 64bit platform. Just click the link and follow the install instructions.

Here you can download it.
http://www.ccrdude.net/files/UniversalC ... -Setup.exe