<DONE> SpaceNavigator Driver - Mouse Joystick Keyboard

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

hirox

Post by hirox »

I've a space explorer, and installing your incredible driver on vista business 64 bit, it can't recognize the driver an cannot permit to update the Usb human interface.
I'm hoping you'll develop a version useful for vista64 when you'll have time to do it.
In each case you are a hero, man.

Frank
javiveras

Post by javiveras »

i wanna thank the developer of this driver for his big effort and GREAT job!! It just lets us do all we can imagine. The only limit... user's creativity!!

THANKS!!
Mach

Post by Mach »

RBC9 wrote: if u have original 3D Driver install , next to my 'driver' , u can use ur SN in the way it has been sold to u.

My driver hook the usb messages , but don t disable them ... they go through to the original software and they are translate in HID Compliant message to Windows , for Keyboard/Mouse/Joystick interpretation.

May be u should create a 'dummy' layout in my app , so , u ll be sure that no unwanted move comes from RBC9-Spacenav.
Tnx a lot for the explanation.
I have the original 3D driver installed and other application is working fine
when your driver is installed as well. Then it looks like just the Second Life software is the problem that is didn't get the messages you pass through. Mabye the explicitly connect to the original driver only. I yet no idea what
exactly might me the problem, because SL seems to ignore the data from your alternative driver.
torniaccio

Post by torniaccio »

Welcome back Ced!

It's great to read you again! All of us (space pilot ppl) are waiting for you!
I know how many ppl are asking you a lot of stuff ... and I think that the hardest work is to cope all of our issues, so thanks again for your patience.

I've upgrade from SN that works greatly (have u listen ppl? IT WORKS!) and I'm still hoping someone that could help us to make Space pilot works too ... Ced, please, dont let us alone ... give a slap in the face to those 3DX lazy ppl!
plug_it_in

Is support still available ? I have a question

Post by plug_it_in »

I have just purchased the SpaceNavigator PE and I must admit was very disappointed with the driver and its lack of capability outside 3D apps. Then I found this. Looks like a fantastic idea. I installed on my XP Pro SP2 as per instructions and got weird results. The drives all show correctly. Running the exe and the screen looks nothing like the documentation only have 4 input areas , no pictures and cannot edit any concept of layouts and bindings.

Have I missed somethings ?

Kind regards
Kings regards

plug_it_in
Lappen

Space Pilot

Post by Lappen »

Hey! I bought my Space Pilot one year ago, and it works fine with any CAD-Programm. Every month I take a look at this Forum if someone gets the Spece-PILOT to work with these drivers.
I would be very thankful if one of u programmers would try to get it to work.
And if I can help in any way, just tell me and I will try my best. (But I have no knowledge in programming)
plug_it_in

Update on my problem

Post by plug_it_in »

Now works 100% . I removed reinstalled. Checked that I had the right USB device, and also noticed I had been editing the layout of the MX100. The Edit Layout three position below on the menu brought up the expected screens and all is well.

Sorry seems I suffered newbie excitement.
Kings regards

plug_it_in
mchalflung

Re: Space Pilot

Post by mchalflung »

Lappen wrote:Hey! I bought my Space Pilot one year ago, and it works fine with any CAD-Programm. Every month I take a look at this Forum if someone gets the Spece-PILOT to work with these drivers.
I would be very thankful if one of u programmers would try to get it to work.
And if I can help in any way, just tell me and I will try my best. (But I have no knowledge in programming)
You're not the only one patiently waiting for driver to work with the Space Pilot. Been checking back regularly for nearly two years now. By the number of views this thread has had over that time (296456!!!) I'm pretty sure there would be a lot more out there wishing for Spacepilot compatibility. Still a big shame that 3dconnexion (or rather logitech?) wont provide a flexible driver solution. I guess it's not part of the strategy for 3dconnexion to make gaming device solutions as this is the Logitech brands domain? and if they did and it was poorly implemented it could hurt their penetration into the professional CAD user market.

So we arrive back at the RBC9 solution:

RBC9? pi3573? Are you able to look into Spacepilot support? Can you give us some hope?

It's a shame to have the most powerful (and ridiculously expensive) of 3dconnexion devices and not be able to use this generic solution for all the unsupported apps and games. Glad i didn't pay for it.

If there are other Spacepilot users out there in the same boat, it might be a good time to speak up...

Cheers, mcH
artbydana

Post by artbydana »

Yes, I am in the exact same boat. Two years of waiting for generic support for my SpacePilot. I did pay for mine and I love using it, but as I now primarily use Modo for work and there is no support, the most expensive peripheral I own sits lifeless on my desk.

I urge Logitech and 3D Connexion to write a generic driver for their equipment so I can use my product how I want to in whatever application I see fit.

Please. Please. Please.
Crow

Post by Crow »

RBC9 wrote:btw ...

i forgot.

I ve made a little add to the driver. (based on my source , so if u use modified version ... sorry )

A new option to turn off the Led after init/switch profil.

In the edit layout screen , under de "AutoSwitch" check box.

Or , if u want , u could Add a key in registry, and unplug/replug the device
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RBC9SpaceNavigator\Layout]
"LedOff"=dword:00000001

but , the key is reset if u go in my "Edit Layout" screen .... so ...

2 files in the rar
RBC9-SpaceNav.sys in /windows/inf directory
and RBC9-SpaceNav.exe to replace ur existing exe

unplug the device b4 replacing file.

http://users.skynet.be/x11/RBC9-SpaceNa ... %20Off.rar

have fun.
Thanks a billion! That's what I've been waiting for.
terranaut

Post by terranaut »

i download this but didnt see Space Explorer support, does the latest version have support for the Space Explorer?
and at 1/3rd of a million views on one thread, it is the biggest overlooked lack-of-feature ive ever seen for a device, not having a native driver to do what this one-mans earnest effort can do, wow. perhaps it takes a million to shake something up, i only knew of this little app by reading about it in printed magazines, its gotten that much attention.
Arnim

Post by Arnim »

Hey RBC9

excellent work - I guess!

Unforunatley I'm using a SpacePilot running Vista64 and the steps you describe wont work for me. Or should they and I'm just doing something wrong?

Are you planning to refurbish your driver? Or sell it to 3dconnexion? It's a poor shame they don't supply a universal driver like yours.

As far as I can see I'm not the only SpacePilot user running x64?

Thanx, Arnim.
jmoseley

The first official game with 3D mouse support

Post by jmoseley »

Hey all,

Just wanted to post some news as this thread is full of people who want to use their 3D mouse in new and innovative ways. A UK games developer (Introversion) has added 3D mouse support to their latest game - Multiwinia.

I had to "test" the game a bit so I can safely say it's pretty cool :lol:

You can vist this page for more info and find a link to the free demo: http://www.3dconnexion.com/solutions/multiwinia.php

Have fun!

John
abbashid

Post by abbashid »

Just took delivery of a SpaceNavigator PE, and was wondering if this Driver can support Flight Simulator Mode in Google Earth.

More specifically, the ability to emulate a Side-Stick (joystick), where the roll and pitch axes are mapped to the aerolons and elevator respectively. the pan back and forth mapped to the throttle, the pan left and right mapped to the rudder function.
Alternatively, the Up/Down (Zoom Axis) could be mapped to the throttle!

I assume this could be implemented by a combination of Joystick and keystroke emulation.

Thx. :?:
eherbelot

SpaceNavigator on Vista 64bit Solution ???

Post by eherbelot »

Hi,

So what are all actual possibility to use SpaceNavigator with Vista 64bit for games ?

When will be release a beta version for Vista 64bits ?

RBC9... do you need beta testeer on vista 64bit, I can do