<DONE> SpaceNavigator Driver - Mouse Joystick Keyboard

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Tarzen

Post by Tarzen »

:? OK. I found the downloadable .rar file at rapidshare.
I followed RBC9's instructions. The program installed but it's stuck in the 'hardcode' layout. It also appears not to have added the HID keyboard.
The RBC9 program seems to work, but I can't add any new layouts. No binding available and no default layout.
betxen

Right links to the files

Post by betxen »

There seems to be a problem in the server's script. To download the files, copy the link (e.g. http://rbc.duckinegg.com/?dir=download= ... aceNav.rar) and paste it into the address bar. Then modify it to the direct link to the file by removing the script arguments and replacing the "+" signs by spaces:
http://rbc.duckinegg.com/RBC9 - SpaceNav.rar

Thanks a lot for your nice pice of code RBC9.

betxen
betxen

Post by betxen »

You can also replace the spaces by their code (%20) if you want the link in the forum to be ok...
http://rbc.duckinegg.com/RBC9%20-%20SpaceNav.rar

betxen
teamearth

Download location for RBC9 & 3DMidiGator Stand-Alone!

Post by teamearth »

Hey there, this is my 1st post.
I've been enjoying trying the navigator out with midi music and VJ'ing, not to mention the regular 3d apps.

It took a huge amount of digging just to find you guys & the word on RBC9!

Thanks for all that diligence with the posts! It helped me get started.

Here's a wonderful page full of free, specialized midi apps.
some funky cool shit.

http://acousmodules.free.fr/acousmodules5_en.htm

I know this guy's been on this forum too, but somehow I never noticed his link for Midi-Gator STAND-ALONE (SA) version until recently.
If you scroll down to 3D MIDIGATOR, there is a 2nd small link:

http://acousmodules.free.fr/fichiers/Au ... atorSA.rar

It still needs RBC9 installed (& I use MIDI-OX), but it makes everything much easier than having the extra step of using Glovepie scripts, etc.

Anyhow, IT WORKS for me & thought i'd share. Seems like I am able to now use navigator with ANY app that knows midi.

thanks to BEXTEN for the note on the troublesome RBC9 link, that's an easy fix for whomever is hosting the page. i got around it the same way.

also, THIS RBc9 link DOES work (the host makes u pause 30secs, but hey its free):

http://rs329.rapidshare.com/files/147069404/rbc.rar

hope this is helpful.
team earth - we're all in this together.
RBC9

Post by RBC9 »

DCrosby wrote:Note: I'm writing this so that others who might follow and have better luck / skills than me might avoid some of the pitfalls. of getting this to work.

So doing some further research, and unearthing some of my old C# skills I figured out I needed to Associate the DLL with the project, which works differently in C++ than in C#, in C# you need to go under project and assign the dll by picking it from a menu of registered win32 ? Dll's... as I recall..

Then I started going back to the RBC9 source, and all I could get to work (Partially) was the app, and not the driver, then I started looking around on MSDN to try and find what I was missing since the compile error was some cryptic link error for an unrecognized library...

I figure I'm missing something and wanted to start with a couple of tutorial driver examples from MS, well turns out you have to DL "MDL" which includes a couple of examples and I would think a couple of DLL's... that's where I am at now, MDL downloaded, and trying to assemble this to set a breakpoint somewhere to see what triggers the Error / Exception 10 thing during install.

Anybody who's gotten the driver to work please feel free to chime in, and provide any insight on how to get this to compile. I'm really in way over my head, as I usually program / script animation pipelines for the entertainment industry in Maya(Mel) or Python, and occasionally a plugin in C++.
all u need next to source and VS2005 is the WinDDK (6000) from microsoft.
RBC9

Post by RBC9 »

btw ...

i forgot.

I ve made a little add to the driver. (based on my source , so if u use modified version ... sorry )

A new option to turn off the Led after init/switch profil.

In the edit layout screen , under de "AutoSwitch" check box.

Or , if u want , u could Add a key in registry, and unplug/replug the device
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RBC9SpaceNavigator\Layout]
"LedOff"=dword:00000001

but , the key is reset if u go in my "Edit Layout" screen .... so ...

2 files in the rar
RBC9-SpaceNav.sys in /windows/inf directory
and RBC9-SpaceNav.exe to replace ur existing exe

unplug the device b4 replacing file.

http://users.skynet.be/x11/RBC9-SpaceNa ... %20Off.rar

have fun.
carx24

Post by carx24 »

Hey RBC9,

I purchased the SpaceNav some days ago for a special purpose use in my car. Now my home grown app requires that the device it works with sends simple keyboard strokes. Worked with the griffin powermate before, but that on is really old school as compared to the 3dconnexion device.

the original alternative driver is already cool stuff, but being able to disable the blue LED was not in it. i searched again and voila: YOU DID IT!!

great work !

Andy

http://www.carx24.de
carx24

Post by carx24 »

To all, but especially the 3dconnexion employees:

Is the development of this 'can do all' - driver finished or on hold ? It took me an entire night to get here let alone find a suitable download site.

Why does you websites 'support download drivers' - section not have your alternative driver in it ?

I strongly believe that people will buy your product so much more often once they have complete freedom in configuring it !!

Suggest you add patterns / blinking behaviour for the LEDs 8griffin has that :-)

Rgds

Andy
Mach

Post by Mach »

@RBC9:
Your driver works great, but I'm still having a major problem.
It does not work with Second Life now they have build in SpaceNaviagator
support. Is that an issue of the driver or the SL implementation using it?
Space navigator works great in SL, but I wish I could use your driver
because I need to control other software/games as well and your driver
is just excellent. Any idea what might be the problem?
Is there an easy way to switch between drivers?
Tnx a lot for your help.
RBC9

Post by RBC9 »

Mach wrote:@RBC9:
Your driver works great, but I'm still having a major problem.
It does not work with Second Life now they have build in SpaceNaviagator
support. Is that an issue of the driver or the SL implementation using it?
Space navigator works great in SL, but I wish I could use your driver
because I need to control other software/games as well and your driver
is just excellent. Any idea what might be the problem?
Is there an easy way to switch between drivers?
Tnx a lot for your help.
if u have original 3D Driver install , next to my 'driver' , u can use ur SN in the way it has been sold to u.

My driver hook the usb messages , but don t disable them ... they go through to the original software and they are translate in HID Compliant message to Windows , for Keyboard/Mouse/Joystick interpretation.

May be u should create a 'dummy' layout in my app , so , u ll be sure that no unwanted move comes from RBC9-Spacenav.
fssntuff

Driver download

Post by fssntuff »

Tried to download the driver and it doesn't down load am I missing something?
DCrosby

Post by DCrosby »

I Purchased a Space Navigator, and installed your software, after which I brought home my pilot, swapped them out and unplugged the Navigator, that seemed to go fine, but as soon as I unplugged the Pilot, BSD Blue Screen of Death.
Blocks

x64 version?

Post by Blocks »

RBC9: This driver looks awesome, I really wish I could use it on my machine (Vista x64)! Do you have any plans to make a driver that works on x64 Windows?
Betzge

Post by Betzge »

Welcome back RBC9 :D
I hope everything is OK in your new job.

I use your driver more then 1 year for playing, it is fantastic.

Xmas 2008 is near and i wish me theat you continue with development of the driver .
Nobody else is able to do this :wink: .

Please don´t allow that the best dríver for 3DConnexion products die.

Best regards

Betzge
pi3573

welcome back :]

Post by pi3573 »

ive used the source and added in the parts for Space Explorer USB Ver. done well with vista 32 but im haveing a bit of difficulty with vista 64 bit :[

how are you doing with the 64