<DONE> SpaceNavigator Driver - Mouse Joystick Keyboard

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Tugi2o

Post by Tugi2o »

Hi,

i am using this great driver with my SN on my carPC. It's really fantastic, but i have one little problem.

After about 2 Minutes the blue LED light of the SpaceNavigator switches automatically off. WHY?

Is it possible to switch on/off the light by pressing a button or key?
rektide

ABANDON ALL HOPE

Post by rektide »

lack of 64 bit support is unsuprising.

i cannot speak for certain but it is very near certain RBC has a windows Device Driver Development kit (ddk) he built the driver from. this would have basic sample drivers to build from, and all he has to do to is insert some hooks to poll the navigator with, compile, and then post.

x64 bit Windos operating systems on the other hand go to extreme measures to prvent the exact activity RBC uses. drivers have to be ceritfied signed to install, so ms controls all drivers. this is very much by design to protect their uber precious DRM bullc***. i believe the ddk is significantly harder to get a license too, but i cannot verify this claim. also the ddk has likely changed so it may not even be a simlpe recompile even if the cert issue could gt bypassed.

the only way we will ever get drivers for x64 systems is when 3dconnexion ***wakes up***. the useless trash they give us now is a joke; its very much mirrors the the schenanigans of MS, holding the keys gateway: if your application wants support you HAVE to go through 3dconnexion, there's no generic way to access the driver. it's the exact same software silos bullc*** control scheme MS toys with us with.

in the meanwhile,

ANYONE WHO WANTS TO USE THIS THING FOR VIDEO GAMES ON A X64 BIT OS --- THERE IS NO SOLUTION FORTHCOMING

ALSO
CHANGE OS's BECAUSE THIS CONTROLLER ROCKS

STOP
rektide

Post by rektide »

rektide

Post by rektide »

interestingly in spite of the obviousness of this driver -- making a keyboard mouse and joystick device for the Navigator -- supposedly the actual USB interface actually looks almost exactly like just that. so the whole "driver" thing is a non issue, it actually is a quasi-stock joystick device, 3dconnexion just goes to extreme lengths to mask that capability and to custom adapt its driver to every application.
FinnFinn

Post by FinnFinn »

this is HUGE.

using traktor dj studio with it.

you rock!
JohannesL71

How to ???

Post by JohannesL71 »

I have a problem.

My only intention was to assign the right mouse button to one of the SN buttons. otherwise I'm satisfiesd with the 3dxware.

have installed the RCB9 - driver....

And.. fine, I can Use it to make the SN work as a mouse.

However, I cant make the zoom/pan/rotate to work in SolidEdge.

And i don't recognize the graphic interface as it is shown in the "RBC9_-_SpaceNav_-_Doc" either. There doesn't seem to be any "hardcoded layout" running.

:(
zitadev

Fadetoblack Error

Post by zitadev »

Hey there.
I got the Same problems with the Driverinstallation my Pilot, as Fadetoblack... and a few other People.
Im using XP32 SP2
AMD Athlon 64 3500+
3GB RAM
SpacePilot

Thanks alot!
cadtech2000

Post by cadtech2000 »

ok, I got the RBC9 driver running with my SpaceBall 5000 USB, all axis seem to function but....
The SB support was only started and I can only bind the first 2 buttons (based on the SN image selection).

I also own a Logitech MX610 and the RBC9 app shows the MX1000 layout options (wasn't it supposed to be visible only with an MX1000 present?)

also might have an issue with mouse type movements of the cursor.
CoCo

Post by CoCo »

Hi there,

Just read the whole thread..
So still no news about a vista 64 rbc9 driver .. ? :/
I'm sure this would be easy do make for the 3dx staff, still don't understand why they don't want to make a generic driver.

Using the SN in Max is good, but it's in fact the only application in my workflow where I can use it ! Which is quite a shame !

I also read the whole threads about Zbursh and Mudbox, I assume the Pixologic team won't do anything but what about the Mudbox team, no news about the support ?
I bet they will implement it in Mudbox 2..
yuriythebest

Post by yuriythebest »

what no x64 support?? just the generic driver?? this might influence my buying a spacenavigator. 3dconnexion... no words too bad logitech is controlling you. too bad... shame... 64 bit support!! give it!!
yuriythebest

Post by yuriythebest »

sorry for tyhe double post- there doesn't seem to be a way to edit your post which is strange. Anyhow I meant win xp x64.
niggelvr6

Post by niggelvr6 »

hi not sure if this has been asked before

i have just got one of these for my car pc today

i have installed the driver and program

the program sees my device and i sem to be able to program functions and use it as mouse

only prob is some functions dont work like the buttons
and when i have finished selecting my binds ect

i apply and exit and nothing changes and i i go back to edit my layouts
there are no saved layouts the program is just blank with new layout in the layouts box

so no mater what i configure it all dissapears soon as i apply and exit

can any one help with this its got me beat

cheers
niggelvr6

Post by niggelvr6 »

sorry for posting again but i have noticed something else

the only thing the device does is move the mouse pointer

up down left right and scrolls page up and down

no matter what i program thats all it does and some times it wont do left and right

thanks if any one can help
ash

Post by ash »

this may very well be the thing that keeps me a user.
Cricri

Re: driver

Post by Cricri »

I have some BSODs too :( Basically, yesterday, after installing .Net 2.0 followed by RBC9, everything first worked fine for an hour or two, then my PC rebooted. I was then unable to restart my PC (it would reboot on the "Welcome" screen) on 2 occasions. I thought. "Dang, I'll have to reinstall Windows tomorrow" and left it to that.
This morning, I start my PC, and shazam, it booted fine. Restarted to make sure, and it was fine again. Then I started RBC9 SN app and plugged in
the SpaceNavigator, and my PC kind of hanged before rebooting less than a minute after.
I unplugged the SN and rebooted, not starting RBC9 and not plugging in the SN, and my PC is fine again :(
pi3573 wrote:you shouldn't have ANY BSOD!
This is very constructive and helpful. Are you suggesting that people that DO have BSODs should move out to another dimension then?