Enterprise bug on 10.4.10 3dxware

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

ultek

Enterprise bug on 10.4.10 3dxware

Post by ultek »

Hey

After updating my drivers to 3dxware 10.4.10 (3dxwincore 17.4.10.13926) my LCD on Enterprise edition doesn't work anymore. It shows only logo with "Spacemouse enterprise". Also holding any of the buttons show blank template on the screen.
Thankfully shortcuts are working, it's just a cosmetic bug.

irishmcsg2

Re: Enterprise bug on 10.4.10 3dxware

Post by irishmcsg2 »

I'm having the same issue, which just started when I switched from a windows 7 machine to a windows 10 machine. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling 3dxware, and on re-installation got this error:

I'm not savvy enough to understand what it's trying to say, but it does seem to be related to the LCD.
raymonds

Post by raymonds »

I am having a similar issue.. I have been using the most up to date Drivers but as of a few days ago my LCD Screen is stuck on the Logo.. All the buttons still work and my navigation works fine..
Attachments
Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_2.png (114.78 KiB) Viewed 6381 times
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

ultek wrote:Hey

After updating my drivers to 3dxware 10.4.10 (3dxwincore 17.4.10.13926) my LCD on Enterprise edition doesn't work anymore. It shows only logo with "Spacemouse enterprise". Also holding any of the buttons show blank template on the screen.
Thankfully shortcuts are working, it's just a cosmetic bug.
Hello ultek,

do you receive any errors when you log in/start the driver? Like the other users below? Please see if deleting the existing settings solves the problem.

In case it does not please contact our Technical Support Team.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

irishmcsg2 wrote:I'm having the same issue, which just started when I switched from a windows 7 machine to a windows 10 machine. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling 3dxware, and on re-installation got this error: ......

I'm not savvy enough to understand what it's trying to say, but it does seem to be related to the LCD.
raymonds wrote:I am having a similar issue.. I have been using the most up to date Drivers but as of a few days ago my LCD Screen is stuck on the Logo.. All the buttons still work and my navigation works fine..
Hi both,

the 3DxVirtualLCD Unhandled Exception error might occur when there is data corruption in the "user.config" file of 3DxVirtualLCD.exe.

To correct the problem, stop the driver then delete the folder [or folders] in the 3DxVirtualLCD folder that has the "user.config" files.
  1. Start -> All Programs -> 3Dconnexion -> Driver -> Stop Driver
  2. Delete the folder(s) named 3DxNumPad.exe_Url_... located at: "C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\3Dconnexion\"
Restart the driver. A new "user.config" file will automatically be created.

Do you get another error in addition?
raymonds

Post by raymonds »

I receive the errors on Machine startup.
I have tried the above and did not work for me.. I attempted a complete re-install removing the 3d connexion folder completely from the my machine, still having the same problem.

I have contacted support the same time I saw this initial post but have not yet gotten a response from them.

Any other suggestions?
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi raymonds,

we will contact you shortly.
ultek

Post by ultek »

Hey UtaSH

after deleting 3DxNumPad folder plus that with LCD in name everything is working correctly now.

Sometimes the driver crashes at startup but it's totally random (both 3dconnexion and wacom tablet driver crashing randomly like 1/10 startups).