Screen now shows 'Virtual Earth'

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

GMckeown

Screen now shows 'Virtual Earth'

Post by GMckeown »

I just got a Space Pilot and when I was not in SolidWorks, the screen used to say 'Any Application' across the top. Today it says 'Virtual Earth'. I hadn't used virtual earth for years and certainly not on this computer or with this Space Pilot.
I even went to Bing to download it since it must have a plug in, but I found it impossible to control the 3D globe using the Space Pilot. I have used 3D Connexion controllers for 10 years, so I think I know how to interact with a 3D object using it...!

Can anyone tell me why my Pilot now thinks it's in Virtual Earth when it's not and how I fix it?
3 levels of anti-bot questions to register? Really? That can't really be needed.
Fred

Post by Fred »

Sounds like you have a corrupted Profile
Close all running apps
Open the 3DControl panel
What does it show in the dropdown Window
If it says Virtual Earth
Right click on it and choose Disable
This should stop the Virtual Earth Profile from loading as the default
If you continue to have problems
Go to:
http://www.3dconnexion.eu/support/kb/?V ... EntryID=28
Perform a clean install to make sure all traces are removed.
Last edited by Fred on Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
GMckeown

Post by GMckeown »

Before you replied, I tried removing the 3D Connexion software (via control panel) and then re-downloading and re-installing. The screen still says Virtual Earth, so I guess I'll try your approach.
I removed Virtual Earth while I was in control panel too...
3 levels of anti-bot questions to register? Really? That can't really be needed.
GMckeown

Post by GMckeown »

It seems that once Firefox was closed, it went back to Any Application.
This is still very odd because I hadn't done anything with Virtual Earth until the Space Pilot reminded me of the name and even when I did, it refuses to open in Firefox and brings up Internet Explorer anyway, so it shouldn't ever come up when Firefox is the active application.