Mapkeys and ProE Wildfire?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Bob

Mapkeys and ProE Wildfire?

Post by Bob »

Although I am able to assign a mapkey to a particular menu button, none of them work. Has anyone had any luck with this?

Thanks, Bob
Peter

Post by Peter »

Good Morning Bob,
Can you tell me what 3dx driver version that you are using (always make sure to keep the driver updated). Also, can you describe the steps that you are using to map the buttons? Thanks!
3Dconnexion, Inc. A Logitech Company
Bob

Post by Bob »

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the reply.
I'm currently using the 2.6 driver that came with the unit. I did update to both the newer stable version and then the beta but experianced the long delays desrcibed by others in this forum when using ProE.
I simply could not work so I rolled back the driver and the delays became minimal.
As far as the mapkeys I use, they are recorded keystrokes within ProE. Eack mapkey is assigned a single or double keystroke to run the macro.
Note that mapkeys assigned a single keystoke to run do not show up in the ProE Button Mapping editor in 3DX. Also, all of the mapkeys appear in parentheses. I can tell the editor to assign the mapkey but they will not run.
(Edit 1\30) I also noticed that not all of even the two keystroke mapkeys are available in Button Mapping.

Thanks for your help!
Bob
hlo

global and local mapkeys

Post by hlo »

In my experience only the local mapkeys i.e. the ones stored in the config.pro in the working directory (startup directory) are displayed. The mapkeys in the ..text\config.pro don't appear in the config panel.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Thanks for the reply. The working directory config.pro mapkeys are the ones that don't show up in the button mapping editor. Of the mapkeys that do show up, none work when assigned to a button....

Bob