Support for Autodesk MotionBuilder

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Tarik

Support for Autodesk MotionBuilder

Post by Tarik »

Hi,

Is it possible to know if and when support for Autodesk MotionBuilder will be added?

This would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
UtaSH

Re: Support for Autodesk MotionBuilder

Post by UtaSH »

Hi Tarik,

actually Motion Builder has support for our devices today although there are some issues that prevents us from certifying it. We have reported the problems to them but don't have a firm commitment yet on when they'll put the fixes in.

In case you want to try it even it is not optimal, you need to activate the device by taking "Spaceball" from the "Asset Browser" to the viewer window.

It would help if you send your request to Autodesk to put more pressure on them.
Tarik

Post by Tarik »

Hi Uludwig,

Thanks for your answer, I double checked and It is working in deed in the 32bits version. I thought it was removed as I am using the 64bits version of MotionBuilder.

I tried to copy the dll and the icons from the 32bits version to the 64 one but was unsuccessfull(as expected)!

Is there a workaround to make it work on the 64bits version?

Also the buttons doesnt seem to work as they're acting on the OS nstead as the driver doesn't detect MotionBuilder. Is there a way to fix that?

I will send a request to Autodesk regarding these issues but if in the meantime you have workarounds, It would be great!

Thanks in advance,

Tarik
flomotan

Post by flomotan »

Hi Tarik,

Unfortunately there is no workaround available to make it work in 64bit mode. We have submitted a request to the Motion Builder to enable support for 3d mice on 64-bit machines as well.

On 32bit systems, the device buttons should work. Be sure the driver is configured to send the proper button ID that you would like to use. For instance, set a physical button to "Button 1" on the driver in order to send a button 1 press event to Motion Builder. You can then configure what Button 1 means in Motion Builder.
Tarik

Post by Tarik »

Hi Flomotan,

I just configured the driver and the buttons are working.

Thanks,

Tarik
PaulSyntax

Post by PaulSyntax »

Hallo flomotan,
flomotan wrote: Unfortunately there is no workaround available to make it work in 64bit mode. We have submitted a request to the Motion Builder to enable support for 3d mice on 64-bit machines as well.
Have you any news about the support of 64bit in motionbuilder? I use this version for my workstation on 64bit maschine.

Greez,
Arek