3Dconnexion and Windows 7

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Lauri

Problem was Bitdefender 2010 not 3DXware

Post by Lauri »

Just disabled Real time scanning in BitDefender 2010 and bingo! it's working. Then re -enable real time scanning, still works.

I only upgraded to 2009 after reading in here about 2009 problems, (which I didn't have, but thought it might help).

I found the answer here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=15681

Ah well, I have two working SpaceNavigtors now!
UtaSH

Re: Still no Windows 7 Support?

Post by UtaSH »

Lauri wrote:I see there is no update form the first post stating that Windows 7 is not supported, is this still the case?

When will your company be releasing a driver that works with Windows 7?

I don't like being without this fantastic device.
Hi Lauri,

I apologize for not explicitly announcing in this thread the 3DxSoftware 3.8 that officially supports Windows 7. It was released on Oct 20th.
Lauri wrote:Just disabled Real time scanning in BitDefender 2010 and bingo! it's working. Then re -enable real time scanning, still works.

I only upgraded to 2009 after reading in here about 2009 problems, (which I didn't have, but thought it might help).

I found the answer here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=15681

Ah well, I have two working SpaceNavigtors now!
I am glad you found out about bitdefender.
ngomes

Re: Still no Windows 7 Support?

Post by ngomes »

Hi Lauri,
I see there is no update form the first post stating that Windows 7 is not supported, is this still the case?
We updated the first post. Official Windows 7 support is available in 3DxSoftware v. 3.8 and newer.
subber

Same problem

Post by subber »

Hi there!

I had the same problem like Lauri, but my device wasn't discovered by Windows. I have new installed Win7 right now, so no antivirus installed. I found (maybe) the problem. If I put the SN to a given usb port, and install the driver, my device is working. BUT, with other usb ports none. I had the same log report than the previous guy, with "no hid device found". I'm not 100% sure, but i think the usb handling has some failure. For example if I put the device without drivers installed in all the 8 usb ports nothing happen. Is my device some kind of way wrong?? I don't beleive in problems w/ AV softwares this time.

CNCFan

Post by CNCFan »

Got around to using Google SketchUp again with the latest free version 7.1.60087 and I still get crashing. It seems to happen after I make components and move them around a bit.

Lauri

I am running Windows 7 64 bit Home version and it has no problem with the latest drivers. I had the same thing happen to me on the LEDS not being on. I found the LED on/off option under the tools menu had been turned off. I don’t think I turned them off as I did not know about the option until I started looking for it after I noticed they were off.
subber

Re: Same problem

Post by subber »

subber wrote:Hi there!

I had the same problem like Lauri, but my device wasn't discovered by Windows. I have new installed Win7 right now, so no antivirus installed. I found (maybe) the problem. If I put the SN to a given usb port, and install the driver, my device is working. BUT, with other usb ports none. I had the same log report than the previous guy, with "no hid device found". I'm not 100% sure, but i think the usb handling has some failure. For example if I put the device without drivers installed in all the 8 usb ports nothing happen. Is my device some kind of way wrong?? I don't beleive in problems w/ AV softwares this time.

I have an issue again.. but I did a strange observation.. If I switch of my apc power connector too after shutting down the pc, next time starting windows my SN isn't recognized. Am I crazy? Okay I explain. Day after day I only switch of my comp but not the connector. These days when I start up pc my SN works allright. But when I go to my gf for couple of days I switched off the connector too (economy,security reasons..). After this trip I go home and start the PC the SN doesn't start up. Has it a difference between a fully switched of computer and a power offed computer? :evil: :cry:
Abbala215

Post by Abbala215 »

Window 7 is good windows
Enjoy yuor self
UtaSH

Re: Same problem

Post by UtaSH »

subber wrote:Has it a difference between a fully switched of computer and a power offed computer? :evil: :cry:
Hi subber,

it might be that the memory still keeps some code which is not used any more. If problems occur a reboot should solve the issue.
etobic

space pilot pro and Win 7

Post by etobic »

I just purchased space pilot pro and was using it on VIsta - working fine ever since I used it under Win 7 everything works except I can see nothing on my display. I can see its ON but see nothing in it. Any help here please
NikFromNYC

Bit Defender Issue Confirmed

Post by NikFromNYC »

Brand new SpaceNavigator to replace sadly "End-of-Life" non-supported SpaceTraveler. Control Panel would not launch. Windows 7 (64 bit). Turning off Bit Defender "Real-Time Protection" (from its Expert Mode interface) for 30 minutes did the trick after I found the manual start/stop driver applets in the 3Dconnexion folder. Lights turned on immediately and Control Panel opened fine. Worked in Rhino, as a test.

Next, I have to figure out if I really have to turn the protection level down or if I can just add an exception. I'd rather not compromise my malware scanning setting if I can help it. I so rarely reset, and in fact so rarely use my 3D controller that I'd rather do this manual work around when needed.

Any idea what I would point BitDefender to, to treat as an exception?
Dante.si

Post by Dante.si »

Hello!

First of all I want to thank 3dconnexion for such a wonderful devices.
Second thing is an issue I have with my SpacePilot on Win 7. Installation of drivers and so on went smoothly. I used it in CATIA V5R17 and it worked perfectly. But all the sudden, while using it, the buttons stopped working!!! the screen on the pilot was still active and my configuration was still on! So I tried to restart but that didnt fix the problem. The weird thing is that it worked in AutoCAD and those demo programs. So I took the time, unistalled drivers, installed again, went to CATIA but the problem was still there... So in my act of desparation I used System Restore (win app). And the thing actually worked! But heh the story doesnt have a happy ending. After 3 weeks of usage, the problem reappeared. Tried system restore again and it worked but only for a couple of hours. Drivers ARE the latest.

So please good people of 3DConnexion PLEASE help me. I dont want to use that long system restore every couple hours. Is there a problem with the drivers? I doubt it because system restore doesnt restore drivers.

Hope to hear from you REALLY soon.

Sincerely Dante.si
ArrggghhhhJohn

Window 7 64 bit Maya drivers for SpaceExplorer

Post by ArrggghhhhJohn »

I have just upgraded to window 7 64bit but when I downloaded the latest drivers for it, the 3DxMaya.mll dosen't seem to be included in

C:\Program Files (x86)\3Dconnexion\3Dconnexion 3DxSoftware

all that is in there are 2 folders one for 3DxAdobe3D and the other for 3DxSketchUp.. Where can I find the appropriate 3DxMaya.mll for Maya2009

cheers
Fred

Post by Fred »

Open the 64 bit folder instead of the 32 bit.
Otherwise you may have downloaded the wrong driver for your OS.
ArrggghhhhJohn

Post by ArrggghhhhJohn »

Ah right.. seems I'm a 64bit noob.. I didn't notice there were to versions

thanks for the speedy reply
tmadeira

Post by tmadeira »

I have a similar problem with a 3Dconnexion Space Explorer mouse. I am using a machine with a Windows 7 OS.

I installed the latest drivers for the device. The device works in the demos, but nowhere else (besides the button to open the control panel for the device). I tried reinstalling the drivers and rebooting with no success.

Please help.