sw2007 mouse cursor flickering

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

kandor

Post by kandor »

Hi,

I have a recurring problem in solidworks2007 with the space pilot. What happens is very specific and only occurs in assemblies. Basically, the spacepilot affects the mouse cursor. Here is how (it's hard to explain!)

You open (or switch) to an assembly file.
You activate a command (eg. move)
The move command has a custom cursor (2 double arrows)
You move your part and exit the command.
After this, the 'move cursor' is in battle with whatever other cursor should be displayed at that time. ie. If you should then see a normal cursor what you see instead is a rapid flickering of the move cursor superimposed on the regular cursor.

Switching to a part or drawing stops this affect until you return to an assembly.

Turning off (stopping) the 3dxware driver in the system tray fixes the problem immeidiately.

The flickering is so bad that it's hard to work.

On last wrinkle: I saw this problem (in conjunction with extremely slow performance) when I first installed 2007. Then at some point it went away and performance improved (maybe I upgraded my video driver (fx1400 quadro nvidia btw)? Later, I bought a new computer (same graphics card) problem returned....

Thanks,

Kandor
drcaveman

Is this related to your problem

Post by drcaveman »

When I insert a part or move a part if I rotate or anything it freezes at the last position of the mouse and will not move again untill I uncheck the command, is this related to you problem?
agoenczi
User
User

Post by agoenczi »

Hi drcaveman

Could you tell me which version of the driver do you use? And which device?