3ds Max 2010

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Pellefant

Post by Pellefant »

we have also an office full of usless navigators... :cry:
zzubnik

Post by zzubnik »

Is this forum monitored by the 3Dconnexion staff?

It would be nice if you would update your existing customers who are now desperate for some word on the state of the drivers.

Please, tell us how much longer we will have to wait.

On the three 3dsmax forums I visit, people are complaining that there are no drivers and the devices are sitting useless. It's all negative advertising for you....
zbyss

Post by zbyss »

Yes, I can understand that some delay with updated driver can occur.

But I don't understand why nobody can say to all of us how long it can take to release it, especially when they promised last week.

Sorry for bad English...
Fred

Post by Fred »

The programmers are still working on the Plugin apparently they found 2 issues that still need to be addressed before it can be released.
I could not get a exact date for the release.

Fred
zbyss

Post by zbyss »

Thank you very much for some info.

Let's hope it is nothing too serious and that it will take only a while to correct it.

Please keep us informed about the situation.

Thanx again
zzubnik

Post by zzubnik »

Fred wrote:The programmers are still working on the Plugin apparently they found 2 issues that still need to be addressed before it can be released.

Fred
Fred, I would be happy to use "beta" versions of the max drivers, and not worry about problems it might cause. If this is going to take a long time, please 3Dconnexion, consider releasing them as beta drivers for us here. All I need is the max plugin, not the whole massive package.

Thanks/
krifos

Post by krifos »

Agree. Unless the beta-plugin for max is deleting stuff randomly from my harddrive, I would seriously love to download and use it, even if it means a few crashes and bugs here and there.
RobH

Post by RobH »

I agree. Let us be Beta guinea pigs. We won't complain. Maybe we'll even find a few other items to correct to help you make the update more solid.

We are crippled out here. All we need is the Max part...that's all...
3ds Max 2025, GIGABYTE X570 AORUS x570 Motherboard, Ryzen 9 3950x, 128 GB G.SKILL Trident Z Neo DDR4, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Spacemouse Pro Wireless, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor
zzubnik

Post by zzubnik »

RobH wrote:...We are crippled out here. All we need is the Max part...that's all...
I totally agree with that statement! It's like having a hand cut off with no Navigator in my hand.

Any news on the drivers, mods?
malojo

Post by malojo »

Hehe we are waiting here like hungry lions waiting for feeding time :lol: . Very interesthing how much we are adicted to the 3d mouse :).
zzubnik

Post by zzubnik »

Yes / No on the beta drivers? Anybody?

We'd all be most appreciative. There are many, many people left in limbo without the drivers who are rumbling on various forums at the moment.

All we need is the max plugin. Two files.... 3dxstd.dlu and 3DxStudio.ms.

3Dconnexion, I'm sure that autodesk will provide you with a beta copys of Max, so you don't have these customer frustrating delays when a new version comes out.

You are not leaving us with the feeling that you are bending over backwards to help us here!
zzubnik

Post by zzubnik »

Fred wrote:The programmers are still working on the Plugin apparently they found 2 issues that still need to be addressed before it can be released.

Fred
Any news for us, Fred?
Tak

Post by Tak »

I'm also waiting :)
RobH

Post by RobH »

Might be time to look at other vendors of 3d input devices...ones that have a bit better driver support timeframes. My SpacePilot is 3 years old. When it fails I may just look elsewhere.
3ds Max 2025, GIGABYTE X570 AORUS x570 Motherboard, Ryzen 9 3950x, 128 GB G.SKILL Trident Z Neo DDR4, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Spacemouse Pro Wireless, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor
Dee Stringer

I'm afraid I agree

Post by Dee Stringer »

RobH,
I'm afraid I have to agree with you.

The fact that 3Dconnexion can't have a driver ready within just a few days of a new version release like 3dsmax doesn't say much for the relations they have or should have with the software their devices support. One day of lost production multiplied by the number of users of their devices adds up to a great deal of time.

With that said, Do I like the how much easier navigation is with a 3dconnexion device? yes

Can I learn to live without it? I did for many years before I bought one with just a few easy right click navigation shortcuts in the Quad menu. Which makes me wonder now, is the device really worth the money given the level of driver support with new versions of software?