Mudbox support

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

justinoman

Mudbox support

Post by justinoman »

When will we see support for Mudbox? I have just purchased the space navigator and its well worth the money once I tried it with 3dsmax I was hooked, but the problem is that I do most of my modeling in mudbox, and my retopologizing with silo. I would really like to see support for these programs. If you make my dream come true and at least give me support for mudbox, I will be sure to tell all my freinds here at Digital Domain about how cost effective and exiting this product is... I know lots of artist that use mudbox and I am sure they would be as exited as me to see that you offer support for what should be the standard combination of hardware and software in VFX. Thanks for a great product and please get back on what the status is on writing these plugins.
Justin
znissan
User
User

Post by znissan »

Hi Justin:

Most applications are supported by the software vendor through our SDK. We have already been in touch with Mudbox, who have expressed interest in supporting our devices -- we can't represent obviously if and when this will happen, but you might also want to communicate with Mudbox your request.

Thank you for your good feedback.

Ziva Nissan
3Dconnexion, Inc.
justinoman

Post by justinoman »

Yes I will soon do this as well, I though you guys would be the first to talk to regarding this. Your answer makes me think; does this mean you have no intention to support mudbox at all on your side and that only mudbox can offer support? I read somewhere that it was easy to write these plugins and that its best for connexion (the developer) to write it. I think I read that on this forum... Anyways thanks for the quick responce I will be sure to check in with Skymatter. Also is the answer the same for Silo?
Justin