support on legacy spaceball model 2003

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

angryshortguy

support on legacy spaceball model 2003

Post by angryshortguy »

I find this type of response to a driver request apprehensible. Your company has a moral obligation to make drivers available to your customers. This kind of response just creates a rift between your company and it’s devoted customers. It takes next to nothing to make these legacy drivers available for download on your site.

To force someone to toss out a perfectly good (and extremely expensive) piece of hardware and expect them to make another costly purchase after treating them in this manner is a joke!

The driver works, make it available and get off of your “Upgrade to our better hardware” high-horse.

The drivers are available on the internet if you dig deep enough.
It’s just too bad that 3dconnexion can’t be the good guy on this issue.

Now I see you've gone the extra mile and locked the topic this applies to.

Typical…
So much stupidity, so little time...
NavigateThis

Post by NavigateThis »

:roll:
Moral obligation? Isn't putting those drivers on the site almost a promise that they will work in current applications(which they will not). It is almost impossible to find parts for older pieces of hardware. This is mainly because they are not manufactured anymore.
Ken Denton

Post by Ken Denton »

Thanks for the feedback...!
Ken Denton
3Dconnexion, Inc. A Logitech Company
angryshortguy

Post by angryshortguy »

Making drivers available for legacy hardware is not a promise to keep updating them.
It only allows customers (who dropped a tidy sum on their device) to try to get these legacy devices to work on newer OS's.
We're all aware of the coin flip when trying to use older devices on newer OS installs. But at least there's a possibility that these will work. And in this case the older drivers DO work with XP. My ProE designer was lucky enough to find his original disk. He just save himself hundreds of dollars on a new mouse.

Stop giving your customers excuses and start supporting them.

If you don't, you might not have many customers to support.

Ken, my company is right down the street from you in Auburn Hills.

I'm responsible for supporting 45 ProE/UG/IDEAS Designers and I'm the one who's been asked to determine if we should purchase spaceballs, and who's devices we'll be purchasing.

This isn't the kind of support I'm hoping to see from any vendor I'm willing to deal with.
So much stupidity, so little time...