Remote Desktop use of local Space Navigator

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

weymouth

Re: Remote Desktop use of local Space Navigator

Post by weymouth »

That last screen shot was the options from the printer icon on the blue bar on the top of the remote now that all is set up. The more option when opening the remote desktop:

Attachments
3.jpg
3.jpg (42.94 KiB) Viewed 16217 times
weymouth

Post by weymouth »

On opening the remote desktop I get:

Attachments
4.jpg
4.jpg (45.17 KiB) Viewed 16219 times
nrodulfo

Post by nrodulfo »

weymouth wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:50 am Just wanted to post that I have got the gpedit change process to work.

If anyone needs help regarding settings just ask and I will try to help.

I am using windows 10 enterprise on both machines (similar to windows 10 pro)
I just followed the gpedit process previously posted but it’s not working for me, I’m also running Windows Enterprise and can’t figure why it isn’t working. Do you have any advice?
flowerfox22

Post by flowerfox22 »

Does anyone know if this works between two windows 10 enterprise clients with the use of a server or VDI?
weymouth

Post by weymouth »

nrodulfo wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:01 pm
weymouth wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:50 am Just wanted to post that I have got the gpedit change process to work.

I just followed the gpedit process previously posted but it’s not working for me, I’m also running Windows Enterprise and can’t figure why it isn’t working. Do you have any advice?
You need to follow the instructions on both of the posts from demarcjp and Utash. I followed the first one and it didn't work until I followed the second. If you get stuck let me know what the issue is if you can.
flowerfox22

Post by flowerfox22 »

I got the RDP portion to work. I can go to local resources > more and the category for other supported RemoteFX usb devices. Even lists "USB Input Device (3Dconnexion SpaceMouse Pro) but when I connect to the remote pc with RDP, it's not forwarding. Driver is installed on both machines, works fine on the local pc it's plugged into, but the remote pc doesn't see it

Is there something I'm missing?
weymouth

Post by weymouth »

flowerfox22 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:16 pm

I got the RDP portion to work. I can go to local resources > more and the category for other supported RemoteFX usb devices. Even lists "USB Input Device (3Dconnexion SpaceMouse Pro) but when I connect to the remote pc with RDP, it's not forwarding. Driver is installed on both machines, works fine on the local pc it's plugged into, but the remote pc doesn't see it

Is there something I'm missing?
There should be a blue connection bar at the top of your remote desktop screen. You can unpin it but I have left it visible at all time. At the top left I have 4 icons. Before setting the 3d mouse up I only had 3. The new one is the printer icon to the right of the connection strength bars icon. When I login I need to select the printer icon and tick the 3d mouse tick box.

If you haven't got this icon then there is an issue we can start to have a look at. It may be necessary for me to screen print each host and client dp edit setting relating to getting this to work.
flowerfox22

Post by flowerfox22 »

There should be a blue connection bar at the top of your remote desktop screen. You can unpin it but I have left it visible at all time. At the top left I have 4 icons. Before setting the 3d mouse up I only had 3. The new one is the printer icon to the right of the connection strength bars icon. When I login I need to select the printer icon and tick the 3d mouse tick box.

If you haven't got this icon then there is an issue we can start to have a look at. It may be necessary for me to screen print each host and client dp edit setting relating to getting this to work.
ahh okay, I don't have the printer icon on that bar so I guess that's why. I'll play around a bit more too with some other settings to see if I can get that to appear and let you know
flowerfox22

Post by flowerfox22 »

flowerfox22 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:48 am

ahh okay, I don't have the printer icon on that bar so I guess that's why. I'll play around a bit more too with some other settings to see if I can get that to appear and let you know
Okay, I have done a lot of googling and made a lot of changes to local group policy and rdp settings but I still can't get the printer button to appear on the rdp connection bar, any help would be greatly appreciated!
weymouth

Post by weymouth »

flowerfox22 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:46 am

Okay, I have done a lot of googling and made a lot of changes to local group policy and rdp settings but I still can't get the printer button to appear on the rdp connection bar, any help would be greatly appreciated!
Have you restarted both the host and client machines (may need to do a power down?). I typed gpudate/ force at the command prompt on both machines so that I didn't need to do a shutdown or restart as I didn't want to go to work to potentially switch my pc on. When you type gpupdate/ force at the command prompt it should tell you if you have been successful in updating the GPO
weymouth

Post by weymouth »

weymouth wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:53 am
flowerfox22 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:46 am

Have you restarted both the host and client machines (may need to do a power down?). I typed gpudate/ force at the command prompt on both machines so that I didn't need to do a shutdown or restart as I didn't want to go to work to potentially switch my pc on. When you type gpupdate/ force at the command prompt it should tell you if you have been successful in updating the GPO
I should have mentioned that I did this to force the settings that I had changed to take effect.
flowerfox22

Post by flowerfox22 »

weymouth wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:53 amHave you restarted both the host and client machines (may need to do a power down?). I typed gpudate/ force at the command prompt on both machines so that I didn't need to do a shutdown or restart as I didn't want to go to work to potentially switch my pc on. When you type gpupdate/ force at the command prompt it should tell you if you have been successful in updating the GPO
I did gpupdate /force and rebooted previously. Tried again just now too but still same result. Only icons I see on the connection bar on the left are the pin and the signal bars. I'm guessing there's something else that's needed for the printer icon to show, perhaps a windows update or another policy setting? Not really sure, also couldn't find anything on how to get that printer button/icon to appear after searching google for a while
weymouth

Post by weymouth »

flowerfox22 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:20 am Have you restarted both the host and client machines (may need to do a power down?). I typed gpudate/ force at the command prompt on both machines so that I didn't need to do a shutdown or restart as I didn't want to go to work to potentially switch my pc on. When you type gpupdate/ force at the command prompt it should tell you if you have been successful in updating the GPO
I did gpupdate /force and rebooted previously. Tried again just now too but still same result. Only icons I see on the connection bar on the left are the pin and the signal bars. I'm guessing there's something else that's needed for the printer icon to show, perhaps a windows update or another policy setting? Not really sure, also couldn't find anything on how to get that printer button/icon to appear after searching google for a while
[/quote]

Like I said before I think I will need to provide a full list of both client and host settings that were changed maybe with screenshots. I will do this when I get the chance.
flowerfox22

Post by flowerfox22 »

weymouth wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:28 am
weymouth wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:28 am
flowerfox22 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:20 am Have you restarted both the host and client machines (may need to do a power down?). I typed gpudate/ force at the command prompt on both machines so that I didn't need to do a shutdown or restart as I didn't want to go to work to potentially switch my pc on. When you type gpupdate/ force at the command prompt it should tell you if you have been successful in updating the GPO
Like I said before I think I will need to provide a full list of both client and host settings that were changed maybe with screenshots. I will do this when I get the chance.
that would super helpful, thank you!
weymouth

Post by weymouth »

Here are the two settings required on host computer and how to get there. This is on my computer at work (host) with my computer at home (client) that I am using with my 3d mouse

Other Notes:
1. Install 3d mouse driver on both host and client.
2. If you ever need an instant update on either machine of changes that you make to group policy editor (gepdit) type gpupdate /force at the the command prompt.
3. When opening the Remote Desktop, always check all options including in the drop down menu and tick all boxes.

Hopefully 7 images will be posted