Remote Desktop use of local Space Navigator

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

UtaSH

Re: Remote Desktop use of local Space Navigator

Post by UtaSH »

Bibo-Sesamstrasse wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:11 am Hey Uta,

we have installed latest Driver, but the effect is still the same.
Local everythink fine / remote is the model still turning after left mouse alone (approx. 1-2 sec.) :(

Maybe you have another Idea.
Many thanks in Advance and have a nice day and keep well and fit.

Cheers Bibo
Hi Bibo-Sesamstrasse,

I am afraid that you see these problems due to the remote connection. This is one of the reasons why we do not recommend the use of our SpaceMouse devices remotely. Unfortunately we cannot solve issues with your network connection or the remote connection that you are using. :( (See as well here.)
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

antonynealrobinson wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:17 am Hello,

I can confirm that the latest driver 10.6.7 does not solve the ctrl shift key problem.
I have installed new driver both locally & on rdp azure and it is still the same.

Ant
Hello antonynealrobinson,

the issue with the modifier keys is solved with 10.6.7. As you are working in a remote situation is it very likely that this is causing the problems. The driver simulates the modifier keys with a virtual keyboard and obviously any keys from a "virtual Keyboard" are not forwarded to the remote system.
I am sorry that you encounter problems with this setup. 3Dconnexion always wanted users to work directly at their system due to any problems like this. Unfortunately now in these difficult times many of us are obliged to work from home (remotely) so many things we used to have are now not available.
Bibo-Sesamstrasse

Post by Bibo-Sesamstrasse »

Hello Uta,
yesterday I was in my Office and tried the same as from home.
It was the same result.
Maybe you can check inside 3DConnexion if you have the same effect.
We have installed the remote Connection as you have discribed in your Forum.
In my opinion 3D Connexion should check this and Maybe you will find a solution.
It will be comming more popular to work from home.
It would be great to hear from you and your Team.
Many thanks for your help and stay well.

Cheers Bibo
antonynealrobinson

Post by antonynealrobinson »

So far I have only managed to trick the spacee mouse into using DELETE by creating a mapkey in Creo called delete and then telling the spacemouse to use the mapkey.
Not found a way yet to simulate CTRL & SHIFT but may try later.

I've googled many times looking for alternate key codes for CTRL & SHIFT but can't find much.

Ant
Yojomaki

Post by Yojomaki »

The solution works partially for me, many thanks for that. But not in the program I use most.

Before the solution, I could only zoom in 3D or scroll in pages (like in excel / word) with the 3D mouse.
After the solution, the mouse works with programs like Inventor, 3D connexion viewer, AutoCAD, I can even zoom in and out in excel.
However, the programm that I use most, RFEM, does not respond at all to the 3D mouse now. Nothing.
I usually use a 3D mouse for that program at the office.

Does anyone have a suggestion what is happening and how I could solve that?
And another question, windows has sort of 2 versions of the remote desktop program. The one people have talked about before (windows 7 looking program), and another one (that looks a lot more windows 10 like). There the only option for share local resources is ''clipboard''. Any idea if I can configure that version to work with the 3D mouse?
Bibo-Sesamstrasse

Hello Yojomaki,
as I understand, You work with space Navigator and Inventor in Remote Status!?!
My Problem is that my model is rotating after I left mouse alone!
I have changes the Policy as in this Chat described.
Could you please give me feedbeack.
Many thanks in Advance.
Cheers Bibo
Chasedmo

Post by Chasedmo »

was there a solution to this. I have the same issue where the Spacemouse is not showing up in this window.
antonynealrobinson

Post by antonynealrobinson »

Our company only got it working remotely through Azure remote desktop after changing the relevent gpedit settings at client & host.
It doesn't work via the normal rdp as I think there are some security issues/vpn that prevent usb throughput to the host.
In Azure the spacemouse works quite well as long as you have a stable connection. Still can't get the ctrl/shift keys to work as 3dconnexion say that the spacemouse uses a virtual keyboard for these which the remote desktop doesn't like.

Seems a bit odd how the remote desktop can allow signals from the 3d motion through usb but not a couple of key presses that are some of the most common buttons on most CAd systems.
jwick

Post by jwick »

antonynealrobinson,

Some of the keyboard keys (ctrl, shift, alt, esc, del, enter) have an alternate implementation that will probably work over RDP.
I'll send you a PM for something you can try.
Yojomaki

Post by Yojomaki »

Bibo-Sesamstrasse:
Yes you understand correctly. To clarify your problem, is it:
1: after rotating, the model keeps rotating for a while?
2: the model rotates on its own?

Assuming it's 1, my guess would be that for you the problem is the connection between you and the company. I have experienced the model rotating for a while longer as well at some point and it felt like lagg to me. Could be because of slow internet, or just a high ping (delay)? I'm by no means an expert on matters like this, but that's my thought.
Bibo-Sesamstrasse

Hello Yojomaki,
it is Pos1 (but with touching the mouse)
I wonder because the effect is the same when I work remote form home or in my Office.
all Computers have the same sericepack and the mouse Driver is the latest also on both Computers.
So i don't think that might be Problem with the Speed of Internet. I will asked my IT regarding the high ping.
What do you mean with "felt like lagg to me".
Thanks
cheers Bibo-Sesamstrasse
Bibo-Sesamstrasse

Hello Yojomaki,
it is Pos1 (but
WITHOUT
touching the mouse)
I wonder because the effect is the same when I work remote form home or in my Office.
all Computers have the same sericepack and the mouse Driver is the latest also on both Computers.
So i don't think that might be Problem with the Speed of Internet. I will asked my IT regarding the high ping.
What do you mean with "felt like lagg to me".
Thanks
cheers Bibo-Sesamstrasse
jakewilliams

Post by jakewilliams »

Chasedmo wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 8:46 am was there a solution to this. I have the same issue where the Spacemouse is not showing up in this window.
I followed all of the instructions and still the RemoteFX option did not show up for me either. Tried running RDP as an administrator and the RemoteFX option appeared! All good for me now. Hope that helps some others as well.
Bibo-Sesamstrasse

hey jakewiliams,
what Kind of space Navigator are you using?
Is the Mouse working in RDP Modus correct?
What Kind of CAD System do you use.
Sorry for all the Question, but I have still the Problem of rotating object.
I have reset my mouse at my Laptop and calibrated.
Yesterday I was in Office and I had the same Problem at my normal PC.
After reset and calibrating it was working well again.
I didn't have any Idea what the Problem is.
Thanks for Information
cheers Bibo-Sesamstrasse
D_Roam

Post by D_Roam »

Has anyone had success in getting the RemoteFX solution to work when the local (client) computer is running Windows 10 Home (not Pro)? I have Windows 10 Home on my home PC, so I can't open gpedit to enable Remote FX for RDP. I read some posts saying there are scripts to enable the correct settings, but it did not work for PCs running Windows 10 Home.

Has anyone gotten this to work? Greatly appreciate any help.