SpacePilot not functioning properly in SolidWorks 2007

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

SeralynInc

SpacePilot not functioning properly in SolidWorks 2007

Post by SeralynInc »

I've been using my SpacePilot without problems for sometime. The only exception was when I installed Spyware Sweeper which had an incompatibility with SolidEdge (although interestingly not UG NX). Currently, I am unable to get the SpacePilot to move any objects in SolidWorks. Demos (e.g. Jet) run fine, as does UG NX. This seemingly happened without making any other changes (or at least any that I am aware of) to the system.

I have uninstalled, reinstalled the driver; rebooted; downloaded and installed the 3.1.1B driver; rebooted; installed in my normal location (not Program Files) and in Program Files; removed the configuration files from my local directory; turned off (but did not uninstall Spyware Doctor); installed a SpaceTraveller to check all with the same result. After looking at this for some time, it is not that that objects are not moving at all, rather, it's that they're moving very slowly (almost imperceptively). Speed preference is set to max. SolidWorks 2007 SP1, Windows XP SP2 w/ 2.0 GB.

Any help or insight would be most appreciated.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi SeralynInc,

I'm assuming that you also checked that the "3Dcontrol" add-in is enabled (Add-In Manager panel in SolidWorks).

Which version of SpySweeper do you have installed? Have you recently updated it?

From what you report, it does not seem to the problem with SpySweeper (demos and NX work fine).

Which configuration is selected in 3DxWare when you are using SolidWorks? Make sure you are using the default (named "SolidWorks").
Nuno Gomes
SeralynInc

Post by SeralynInc »

Nuno --

Thanks for the help.

Yes, I veriffied that the add-in was turned on (even turned it off and then on). Sensitivity at max. eDrawings also works fine, so this appears to be something very specific to SolidWorks (as eDrawings is a SolidWorks product).

I had previously installed SpySweeper, but that caused a problem with Solid Edge (not SolidWorks). In its place, I have installed Spyware Doctor, which when this problem came up, I disabled it (but have not uninstalled it).

Configurations seem correct.

It is not that it's not working entirely, rather that it's moving at an almost imperceptively slow pace.

Ken
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi SeralynInc,
Let's try this: terminate SolidWorks, open the 3DxWare panel, go to the "Options" menu and select "Delete Saved Configuration..." and delete all "SolidWorks" configuration. This will ensure you will use the default config (and the speed settings will be reset).
SeralynInc

Post by SeralynInc »

Nuno --

You're the man. Good call...that seems to have restored functionality.

Thanks again,

Ken