MS Office?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

BLAIRS

MS Office?

Post by BLAIRS »

I swore that before with my older drivers I could use my SpacePilot to zoom, pan and scroll in Excel. Now with the current drivers Excel in Office 2003 and my SpacePilot no longer works.
Blair A. Stunder
agoenczi
User
User

MS Office?

Post by agoenczi »

Hi BLAIRS

the versions v3-0-7 and v3-0-9 of our 3DxSoftware doesn't support MS-Office. You can download and install the 3DxOffice Plug-In from our Driver Download page:

http://www.3dconnexion.com/support/4a1.php

selecting "Archive (Legacy Software)" and the 3DxOffice Plug-In.
rasqual

Post by rasqual »

Interesting.

In Vista with Office 2007 I can zoom in and out, but no panning or anything else. Just zooming.

I realize it's unsupported, but if any other users can get it working I'd be interested to hear of it. Might be handy in big sheets.

Is there an SDK for this thing? I might like to play!
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi rasqual,
rasqual wrote:Is there an SDK for this thing? I might like to play!
Sure thing. Go here and follow the "Download SDK" link.
If you are interested in an Automation solution (COM), install the beta for 3DxSoftware v. 3.1 from here.
Nuno Gomes
stevlina

Post by stevlina »

Where can I get a new custom Laptop that has Office 2003 instead of 2007 and Windows XP instead of Vista? All the new computers these days use Windows Vista instead of Windows XP and have Microsoft Office 2007. I don't like Windows Vista or Office 2007 (and I can't be the only person who feels this way), I want a NEW custom laptop with XP and Office 2003. Does anyone know where I can get one?
rasqual

Post by rasqual »

What's your budget?

Wait for Windows 7. I'm posting from the 64 bit version, and it's a LOT better than Vista.

I'm head of IT/MS for our company, and we've stuck with XP though the Vista debacle. We'll not be rushing into Windows 7 because it's a big infrastructure change (we'll want to nuke everyone's profiles and start over) -- but it's Windows 7 we will be going to, for sure.

In all seriousness, get a notebook with at least 4G RAM and plan for 64 bit Windows 7. Just get one with Vista on it and install Windows 7 RC. It's good as a trial till next year.